PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C454e - Toner issue

Custom Search

Kenny
03-04-2020, 09:04 AM
Hi guys,

We are currently having a few issues with our C454e's. The waste toners on them seem to be filling up too fast which is causing the drum units not to be able to deposit toner in the waste toner and then backs up causing quality and noise issues. A message appears on the machine saying 'replace waste toner soon',even though the clear guide is full. I went to a customer on Monday, i replaced the waste toner and then on Tuesday the waste toner was full of magenta toner even though the customer hardly prints magenta print outs.

Must be something more to this issue, has anyone experienced this?:confused:

Machine is on the lastest firmware.

Gaffers01
03-04-2020, 10:07 AM
Sounds like its just dumping the magenta dev, due to a charge issue.

Do a magenta test pattern are there diagonal white bands?

copyman
03-04-2020, 12:23 PM
Agree it's dumping. Need to change ANY overlife drums. There is a good chance the over life drums have crashed the developer units and these are very expensive. Do half tone test of each color, if any have diangle white lines then dev dumped.

srvctec
03-04-2020, 10:58 PM
Replace ALL over life parts and even belt if it has blurry lines towards edges and also replace the plugged toner filter. BUT, while there, the most important thing is to vacuum out all the toner ports on the rear of the inside of the machine where the developer units meet up with.

stickfly
03-12-2020, 02:49 PM
Hi Kenny,
I've just sent you a message regarding this issue.
Regards ...... G

Takhnamishvili
03-13-2020, 08:21 AM
Hi guys,

We are currently having a few issues with our C454e's. The waste toners on them seem to be filling up too fast which is causing the drum units not to be able to deposit toner in the waste toner and then backs up causing quality and noise issues. A message appears on the machine saying 'replace waste toner soon',even though the clear guide is full. I went to a customer on Monday, i replaced the waste toner and then on Tuesday the waste toner was full of magenta toner even though the customer hardly prints magenta print outs.

I had similar problems many times. Replacing DCPU solved them for me.

copyman
03-13-2020, 09:53 PM
I had similar problems many times. Replacing DCPU solved them for me.

Thanks and will keep this in mind.

I must be lucky because I have at least 75 of the 4 series in opertaion and never replaced the DCPU in any of them. Will probably regret saying this!

Takhnamishvili
03-14-2020, 11:49 AM
Thanks and will keep this in mind.

I must be lucky because I have at least 75 of the 4 series in opertaion and never replaced the DCPU in any of them. Will probably regret saying this!

It's little surprising but mentioned problem did not occur in other countries, Georgia is only one and I'm sure that this is because of bad environmental conditions. Here are specific customers, it's hard to assure them that MFPs need good conditions to work. So if your customers have good conditions, you don't have to think about it :)

copier tech
03-14-2020, 12:56 PM
Hi guys,

Seen this dozens of times now caused by restricted air flow.

Each time vacuuming out the rear filter channels resolves the issue. (see attached)

You don't have to remove the main drive unit, just all the drums, devs & transfer allows access with a vac.

tsbservice
03-14-2020, 12:59 PM
Most likely it's developer in WTB not toner.
On a side note: If developer damping is due any boards I will suspect HV boards not DCPU.

Custom Search