PDA

View Full Version : Showing/Hiding the warning errors oil can. It's possible?

Custom Search

screwdriverassy
03-05-2020, 10:03 AM
Hello everyone.

Anyone knows if it's possible to hide/show the warning oil can icon in control panel -and LED lit/blinking asociated? I know the Konica Minolta Program about "User change/Life Stop/Software Switch Settings". That isn't the point but related as deactivating life stop and messages in panel keeps showing the oil can for warning L codes.

I want to hide it in old machines with L codes but printing fine for customers who get nervous and cry without reason because the status LED is lit. Also I have a rogue C280 showing an oil can without any warning inside, nor warnings counter in service mode.

Also I find showing it at will in new machines (from ZeusS onwards, if I remember correctly) handy, for example when technician make quick visits without entering SM.

Sorry for my pitiful english and thanks in advance.

Bix
03-05-2020, 10:32 AM
Hi check it

Synthohol
03-05-2020, 12:41 PM
you could always address the errors and make them go away by cleaning/repairing/replacing the affected components.
you know, like a technician?
just a thought ;)

tsbservice
03-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Oil can warning is independent from EOL messages on older models. Either tell your customers that minor warnings aren't significant unless there aren't other complaints (like errors and CQ issue) or better address those warnings. Third exit, is to upgrade for newer machines.

screwdriverassy
03-13-2020, 08:50 AM
Hi check it
45179Yeah, we know that well. Used to apply in many machines when it's possible, quick and easy to check quality.

you could always address the errors and make them go away by cleaning/repairing/replacing the affected components.
you know, like a technician?
just a thought ;)Like a WHAT?
:D

We always keep an eye on machines with life stop deactivated, waiting to see quality issues the client doesn't notice yet, or for calls about those problems.
Keep in mind an L warning its only about logic life counter. Even there are drums that dies time before his M value reaches his soft limit!

Oil can warning is independent from EOL messages on older models. Either tell your customers that minor warnings aren't significant unless there aren't other complaints (like errors and CQ issue) or better address those warnings. Third exit, is to upgrade for newer machines.As we "fear". Ironically, a pair of hours after I open this thread, I could convince -not without so much effort- the ONLY client -of the fews that notice it- that still worries for the L warnings when quality issues are not present.

Thank you all a lot for the help.

Custom Search