PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C353 weird background

Custom Search

aAandy
03-06-2020, 02:30 AM
hey people

anyone seen this sort of thing before? i've checked the obvious and the machine recently had new imaging units fitted, i suspect HVT, but i guess the laser could actually be writing this to the drums (will return and confirm by leaving the cleaning wand in during a print)

anyone encountered this before? suggestions warmly welcomed

the provided samples are A4

allan
03-06-2020, 04:29 AM
Re-seat ribbon cables to start. Cut the very tip of the ribbon with a scissor
Could be bad memory.
There is a change that you will need to get to the HV board to check.
As old as these are the electronics are very fragile work carefully.

copyman
03-06-2020, 04:29 AM
Were IU's new "genuine" K/M

Next look at Transfer belt?

allan
03-06-2020, 04:50 AM
Were IU's new "genuine" K/M

Next look at Transfer belt?

Looking at that again it could be transfer.

aAandy
03-06-2020, 09:23 PM
it is being written to the drums by the lasers - left the laser slit glass wand in K and printed out a meter count list - obviously no print, but also no background! if it was transfer or HVT the background would remain

Phil B.
03-06-2020, 11:02 PM
hey people

anyone seen this sort of thing before? i've checked the obvious and the machine recently had new imaging units fitted, i suspect HVT, but i guess the laser could actually be writing this to the drums (will return and confirm by leaving the cleaning wand in during a print)

anyone encountered this before? suggestions warmly welcomed

the provided samples are A4

ITB cleaning blade/unit?

what are the PM counts on ITB and fuser?

aAandy
03-06-2020, 11:49 PM
ITB cleaning blade/unit?

what are the PM counts on ITB and fuser?
did a stop test, background is on drums, ITB is being cleaned properly and fuser is in good condition

allan
03-07-2020, 02:39 AM
Then digital...
Redo the connectors.
The machine is old and of late i have been getting MFPB failures.
For this model its tickets. The 353 was a killer model. Only the waste toner that got hard at the end of the collection pipe that made it nasty.
And to replace a laser is quite the job.

But try snipping the very end of the ribbon cables so the connector get some fresh flat copper.
It its RAM it can be repaired but finding the guy to do it would be tricky.

allan
03-18-2020, 12:30 AM
Got it fixed?

aAandy
03-18-2020, 01:41 AM
Got it fixed?

not yet, tried reseating the RAM (and cleaning the contacts), trimming ribbon cables, etc etc but no change, so i've ordered a used MFP board from the States

in your previous post you mentioned something about having the RAM repaired if i could find the right person to do so - what did you mean by that exactly? - am component level qualified

allan
03-18-2020, 02:24 AM
not yet, tried reseating the RAM (and cleaning the contacts), trimming ribbon cables, etc etc but no change, so i've ordered a used MFP board from the States

in your previous post you mentioned something about having the RAM repaired if i could find the right person to do so - what did you mean by that exactly? - am component level qualified

If you have the skill and equipment to replace RAM chips and other VLSI and SMD components you would be able to repair these boards.
Very time consuming undertaking. I have had hit and misses in the past, saved a couple board were the problem was as simple as a dead motor driver chip.
You would be suprised at how many boards gets thrown out due to blown ICP's.

Now if you can repair SMPS then you will be in business.
Also hit and miss there, i need expensive equipment i don't have yet to be proficient in repairing those.
Need an isolation transformer, proper scope, and a hot air desoldering station.
If you don't know your way around a SMPS you will wreck you DMM and scope and yourself.

Make sure its not an EOL issue like an IU arching.

aAandy
03-18-2020, 02:42 AM
If you have the skill and equipment to replace RAM chips and other VLSI and SMD components you would be able to repair these boards.
Very time consuming undertaking. I have had hit and misses in the past, saved a couple board were the problem was as simple as a dead motor driver chip.
You would be suprised at how many boards gets thrown out due to blown ICP's.

Now if you can repair SMPS then you will be in business.
Also hit and miss there, i need expensive equipment i don't have yet to be proficient in repairing those.
Need an isolation transformer, proper scope, and a hot air desoldering station.
If you don't know your way around a SMPS you will wreck you DMM and scope and yourself.

Make sure its not an EOL issue like an IU arching.

by printing out the meter page with the laser slit glass cleaning wand in place i believe i have eliminated the possibility of arcing - i got a blank page (as expected) but also no background, which eliminates arcing, transfer issues, HVT issues etc and tells me the laser is writing the background to the drums (also proven by a stop test, background was on the drums)

also to note is the fact that this background is being written to all 4 drums, which are OEM and relatively new (6 months tops)

here's hoping a replacement board, which only cost $200.00 including delivery, sorts it out (client is aware this may not resolve the issue

many thanks for all your assistance and pointers, it is very much appreciated - muchos grassy-ass

allan
03-18-2020, 02:52 AM
by printing out the meter page with the laser slit glass cleaning wand in place i believe i have eliminated the possibility of arcing - i got a blank page (as expected) but also no background, which eliminates arcing, transfer issues, HVT issues etc and tells me the laser is writing the background to the drums (also proven by a stop test, background was on the drums)

also to note is the fact that this background is being written to all 4 drums, which are OEM and relatively new (6 months tops)

here's hoping a replacement board, which only cost $200.00 including delivery, sorts it out (client is aware this may not resolve the issue

many thanks for all your assistance and pointers, it is very much appreciated - muchos grassy-ass

$200 would be where i will replace it with a C360 if it was a contract machine and upgrade was not an option.

About the arching. Had it where the arching would cause electronic glitches with the processing.
But as you explained that all the units are in good order that would probably not be the case.

Get you firmware ready so long.

Custom Search