PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c224E not putting anything to paper

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 02:26 PM
Hello

I am new in this forum and I have a problem. I purchased used Konica Minolta Bizhub c224e machine and it doesn't put anything to paper. It starts copying/printing and I can see jobs in the list. But it doesn' produce any prints. The machine was "factory reset" which means HDD was erased and after power up I was asked to format hdd which I did.

I contacted Konica Minolta in Finland and the answer was that I have to ask service technician for a visit because it may be that "basic settings" are also erased. I paid a lot for this machine and service technician visit will be really expensive. Is there anything I can do myself?

Regards

Ilkka from Finland.

srvctec
03-06-2020, 02:28 PM
Hello

I am new in this forum and I have a problem. I purchased used Konica Minolta Bizhub c224e machine and it doesn't put anything to paper. It starts copying/printing and I can see jobs in the list. But it doesn' produce any prints. The machine was "factory reset" which means HDD was erased and after power up I was asked to format hdd which I did.

I contacted Konica Minolta in Finland and the answer was that I have to ask service technician for a visit because it may be that "basic settings" are also erased. I paid a lot for this machine and service technician visit will be really expensive. Is there anything I can do myself?

Regards

Ilkka from Finland.

Since you didn't say, does paper come out of the machine but it's just blank or do you mean that isn't even happening?

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 02:36 PM
It doesn't do anything. It doesn't start to print.

allan
03-06-2020, 02:44 PM
What is the meter reading?

Could be end of life for one of the parts.

srvctec
03-06-2020, 02:45 PM
First, delete all the print jobs at the machine if there are any.

Then, press menu, utility, user settings, printer settings, print reports and try and print any of those. Might try the configuration page first and then the demo page. If those don't print, I'm betting consumables are past life and not allowing prints, which can be checked by pressing menu, utility, check consumable life.

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 02:46 PM
Just got the estimate about the costs. Only trip to my location would cost around 360$ plus time on site is 160$/hour.

Bix
03-06-2020, 03:03 PM
Have you tried an internal print? What appears in the job list? For that amount of the quote you could think of an inclusive rental of a new MFPrinter

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 03:33 PM
45204How can I test internal print? You mean somekind of test page?

I answer to myself: I tried to print a list of consumables. They are in the print queue and sound of the machine gets louder but still no paper coming out.

Takhnamishvili
03-06-2020, 03:36 PM
Hello

Regards

Ilkka from Finland.

Try to format HDD from service mode, Factory Reset does not mean that HDD was formatted. I had such problem many times, MFP receives job, light starts blinking (on the bottom of the panel) and then immediately stops, so you need to format HDD, there are two types, physical format and logical format, you can do both of them, but then you will need to install movie data. MFP will work without movie data too but there will be warning message "No animation guide available...". Try to format HDD

Bix
03-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Exact! You press Utilities - Printer settings - print report

tsbservice
03-06-2020, 04:23 PM
Can you do copies?

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 06:11 PM
I have now a really bad feeling about this....45208

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Can you do copies?

No. Nothing. There was a printed report about total print amount which was printed at the end of january. Total print amount was only 151000. That's why I didn't suspect anything. Internal prints won't come out either. The sound of the machine comes louder, like some fan but nothing happens.

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 06:21 PM
Try to format HDD from service mode, Factory Reset does not mean that HDD was formatted. I had such problem many times, MFP receives job, light starts blinking (on the bottom of the panel) and then immediately stops, so you need to format HDD, there are two types, physical format and logical format, you can do both of them, but then you will need to install movie data. MFP will work without movie data too but there will be warning message "No animation guide available...". Try to format HDD

How to get to service mode? Machine asked to format HDD and I did. And there is now that warning message, too. I am end user who is most likely bought piece of s**t worth of 1100$:(

Takhnamishvili
03-06-2020, 06:33 PM
How to get to service mode? Machine asked to format HDD and I did. And there is now that warning message, too. I am end user who is most likely bought piece of s**t worth of 1100$:(

Menu button > Counter > Display keypad > Stop button > 0 > 0 > Stop button> 0 > 1 after it may ask you enter password which is usually 9272927292729272 (9272 4 times) touch End button on the top right corner of the screen after entering the password, if password is correct you will enter if not, it will ask for correct one. After entering service mode go here State confirmation > memory/HDD adj. > HDD format and choose logical or physical format. I can not remember exactly which, but one of them needs much more time than another. after finish turn off printer, wait for 10 seconds and turn it on back and check how it goes.

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 06:40 PM
Menu button > Counter > Display keypad > Stop button > 0 > 0 > Stop button> 0 > 1 after it may ask you enter password which is usually 9272927292729272 (9272 4 times) touch End button on the top right corner of the screen after entering the password, if password is correct you will enter if not, it will ask for correct one. After entering service mode go here State confirmation > memory/HDD adj. > HDD format and choose logical or physical format. I can not remember exactly which, but one of them needs much more time than another. after finish turn off printer, wait for 10 seconds and turn it on back and check how it goes.

Do I press start-button after choosing the type of format or how it starts doing it? EDIT. Yes, I pressed start-button and it is formatting. But takes a really long time. Let it do the job now.

Takhnamishvili
03-06-2020, 06:52 PM
Do I press start-button after choosing the type of format or how it starts doing it? EDIT. Yes, I pressed start-button and it is formatting. But takes a really long time. Let it do the job now.
As I mentioned, I really don't remember which of format type needs little time and which needs long time. It must solve your problem

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 06:59 PM
I truly hope so. But it looks like developing units are also at the end of their lives.:( New ones costs so much that there is no point buying them. If this trick works, I print what I can and then dump the machine and suffer the loss.

gere1
03-06-2020, 07:03 PM
I would say that the black drum has reached its limit
you have left the machine so that it does not ask for consumables but that it stops when they are exhausted
That is configuration or changing the drum

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 07:14 PM
I would say that the black drum has reached its limit
you have left the machine so that it does not ask for consumables but that it stops when they are exhausted
That is configuration or changing the drum

Now I have to ask for clarification. If black bars are gone, the end-of-life has reached? Not another way around? I thought that when there is lot of black, then life time is full. If only black drum unit is at the end of its life, there is still hope. It is quite cheap part to replace.

mga
03-06-2020, 07:28 PM

I would stop what you are doing and call a Konica Service engineer you will end up doing more damage than good

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 07:34 PM
I would stop what you are doing and call a Konica Service engineer you will end up doing more damage than good

Failure is always an option...:) I do the formatting and that's it. I call to service company on monday if it doesn't work.

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 08:00 PM
As I mentioned, I really don't remember which of format type needs little time and which needs long time. It must solve your problem

This trick didn't solve the problem. Have to figure out something else. It may be that black drum unit which causes the problem or what do you think?

tsbservice
03-06-2020, 08:11 PM
Become Contributor to CTN by donating a small amount of bucks and sure someone will guide you through your way. If this machine counter is only at 150k you have made big deal. Great machines those are.

Ilsu
03-06-2020, 08:33 PM
Become Contributor to CTN by donating a small amount of bucks and sure someone will guide you through your way. If this machine counter is only at 150k you have made big deal. Great machines those are.

I double checked: it was 105k. Anyway, this is going to cost a bit too much for me. Have to figure out how I can get at least a little bit money back.

Takhnamishvili
03-06-2020, 08:41 PM
This trick didn't solve the problem. Have to figure out something else. It may be that black drum unit which causes the problem or what do you think?

So lets see, on earlier C224e-s there was "problem" such kind: when some of spare part or consumable was ending it's life, machine was stopping and asking for replacing the part. On newer C224e-s, MFP was continuing printing even when life of some parts was ended. You can check life stop settings in the service mode, enter service mode and then > Stop button>0>C, then enter Life Stop settings and then set it to Off.

tsbservice
03-06-2020, 08:47 PM
I double checked: it was 105k. Anyway, this is going to cost a bit too much for me. Have to figure out how I can get at least a little bit money back.

Too late tonight. I will PM you tomorrow with some insights. 105k or 150k it's pretty low total counter and machine has to be a champ.
Thank You for becoming a Contributor!

Phil B.
03-06-2020, 08:54 PM
How to get to service mode? How to get to service mode? I am end user who is most likely bought piece of s**t worth of 1100$:(

How to get to service mode?

we don't share that with non techs

I am end user who is most likely bought piece of s**t worth of 1100$

NO! YOU just screwed the machine because YOU didn't know what you were doing. By FORMATTING the drive you have lost all important machine information.
THIS is why Techs spent HOURS and HOURS learning and READING on the problem. The proper way is to BACK UP the machine and THEN formatting the drive.

IT ISN'T THE MACHINE the problem is PBKAC

so now you come here wanting OUR help and blaming the problem on the copier!?

Takhnamishvili
03-06-2020, 09:46 PM

NO! YOU just screwed the machine because YOU didn't know what you were doing. By FORMATTING the drive you have lost all important machine information.
THIS is why Techs spent HOURS and HOURS learning and READING on the problem. The proper way is to BACK UP the machine and THEN formatting the drive.

Man, stop showing me red cards, we're not here to judge each other, we're here to help. The way how to enter the service mode is explained many times ago before me, just search it in the Google, also what user did it's already done and I'm sure judgement will not solve problem. Let's think about ways how to help each other.

Best wishes,
George😊

Synthohol
03-06-2020, 11:03 PM
it seems very likely that the black drum has reached end of life a long long time ago and the life stop setting has likely kicked in preventing passing paper.
replace the black drum.
no judgement here ;)

copyman
03-07-2020, 12:16 AM
I didn't read all the posts but did you confirm in service mode that the HDD was installed?

Do physical format first (might take several hours), then do logical format. If you can't print a config page then you won't be able to print.

allan
03-07-2020, 02:29 AM
Just got the estimate about the costs. Only trip to my location would cost around 360$ plus time on site is 160$/hour.

Really 160 an hour, Seems steep.
Look around for a freelance tech.

allan
03-07-2020, 02:32 AM
Order a black drum. End user can install it.

Synaux
03-07-2020, 03:13 AM
If this guy is willing to learn how to work on his machine lets give him the benefit of the doubt

To Ilsu, if you want to do this stuff on your own you will need a Service Manual and be willing to spend a lot of time studying it. As said, you can easily do more harm than good, so be very cautious. Seeing how you contributed, I can send you a manual but it I do not have the manual for that exact model, maybe someone will be kind enough to send you a PM with it. As already touched on, there are settings that will allow you to still operate the machine with consumables that are out of life and they are fairly easy to implement, you just need the information.

I have never had a reason to try this, does anyone know if he can get into SM can he run test print or even just a paper passage with EOL parts without changing settings?

**Edit** Google is something else here yah go: BizhubC364e C284e C224e ServiceManual E Ver1.0 | Aviation | Wing Configurations (https://www.scribd.com/document/350497883/BizhubC364e-C284e-C224e-ServiceManual-E-Ver1-0)

allan
03-07-2020, 03:57 AM
If this guy is willing to learn how to work on his machine lets give him the benefit of the doubt

To Ilsu, if you want to do this stuff on your own you will need a Service Manual and be willing to spend a lot of time studying it. As said, you can easily do more harm than good, so be very cautious. Seeing how you contributed, I can send you a manual but it I do not have the manual for that exact model, maybe someone will be kind enough to send you a PM with it. As already touched on, there are settings that will allow you to still operate the machine with consumables that are out of life and they are fairly easy to implement, you just need the information.

I have never had a reason to try this, does anyone know if he can get into SM can he run test print or even just a paper passage with EOL parts without changing settings?

**Edit** Google is something else here yah go: BizhubC364e C284e C224e ServiceManual E Ver1.0 | Aviation | Wing Configurations (https://www.scribd.com/document/350497883/BizhubC364e-C284e-C224e-ServiceManual-E-Ver1-0)

All the print from SM should work except possibly for gradation adjustment.

Ilsu
03-07-2020, 09:18 AM

First of all: I thought that this forum is just beacuse of this. People asking about their problems with the machines and others help them out. By the way, you are also wrong. When I got the machine and started it up, there wasn't any other option than format HDD or something like "reset encrytion password". I haven't caused this by myself. I bought it from auction and didn't have any control what seller did to that machine prior to purchase. They told me afterwards that they wrote HDD over. I have never said that there is something wrong with the machine. It just needs right settings and those are what I am trying to find out without paying my ass off. I am an engineer, too but from telecommunications sector. I truly appreciate the help from OTHER members of this forum and I have already learned a lot. Now I purchase new black drum unit and take the machine to service. Then I don't have to pay that over 300USD for technician to come over.

I wish you relaxing weekend. I think that you need it.

Ilkka

Ilsu
03-08-2020, 12:11 AM
So lets see, on earlier C224e-s there was "problem" such kind: when some of spare part or consumable was ending it's life, machine was stopping and asking for replacing the part. On newer C224e-s, MFP was continuing printing even when life of some parts was ended. You can check life stop settings in the service mode, enter service mode and then > Stop button>0>C, then enter Life Stop settings and then set it to Off.

I want to thank user Takhnamishvili from bottom of my heart! You solved the problem! Life stop setting made the trick and now machine also warns me that black drum unit needs to be replaced. Now I have to buy it and figure out how I can set the machine to understand that I print A4 and A3-sized documents and not something like 8"*11" documents;)

Thank you all who helped me out with this. As told, I learned a lot already and will definitely follow and support this forum to learn more.

Takhnamishvili
03-08-2020, 07:37 AM
I want to thank user Takhnamishvili from bottom of my heart! You solved the problem! Life stop setting made the trick and now machine also warns me that black drum unit needs to be replaced. Now I have to buy it and figure out how I can set the machine to understand that I print A4 and A3-sized documents and not something like 8"*11" documents;)

Thank you all who helped me out with this. As told, I learned a lot already and will definitely follow and support this forum to learn more.

Glad to hear your problem is solved 😊

Synaux
03-08-2020, 07:45 AM

That is probably a marketing issue in SM and/or in admin settings... or just user settings (depends on what exactly is going on). I think you got a little lucky here. A lot of us here depend on our knowledge to secure our financial future and tend to be over-protective. Thankfully, not any jackass can figure all this stuff out on the fly.

In general this forum is for techs only (or those that display a modicum of competency) so keep that in mind. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

femaster
03-08-2020, 09:09 AM

The warning for drum unit end of life (or any of the units end of life) can be disabled as well if you desire. In your case, being an end user, you may not want to do this, as this warning will at least let you know when things could become a potential problem in the future. If you choose to turn them off, in service mode, go to System 2 -> Consumable Life Reminder and set them all to off.

As for paper size, I've never had to deal with that, but there is a possibility that the marketing area is set for the US. Check System 1 -> Marketing Area and make sure each of those are set to your area. This will configure things like paper size and zoom settings, Fax configurations (if equipped), etc. to those that are relevant for your area. You may also want to check System 1 -> Foolscap Size Setting and see if that is correct for your country, AFTER changing/verifying the Marketing Area.

Anything else you come across, I'm sure one of us can come up with an answer.

allan
03-08-2020, 11:58 AM
After 105K prints you had great value form this machine. Some things are easy to do your self other things not so much.
I would suggest to keep the life warnings on and to replace the parts when indicated if you don't want to get yourself in the position where a tech would be able to nail you.
Things like the dev tanks the feed rollers, transfer belt and even fuser could be tricky and worth getting a tech out to do. Call it insurance. You will be kicking your self if you destroy one of those parts.
At 105K the feed rollers should be next to go if one if your trays are not gone already.

If your think this trip is expensive wait for all the dev tanks transfer belt and fuser to go at the same time.

Ilsu
03-08-2020, 01:31 PM
After 105K prints you had great value form this machine. Some things are easy to do your self other things not so much.
I would suggest to keep the life warnings on and to replace the parts when indicated if you don't want to get yourself in the position where a tech would be able to nail you.
Things like the dev tanks the feed rollers, transfer belt and even fuser could be tricky and worth getting a tech out to do. Call it insurance. You will be kicking your self if you destroy one of those parts.
At 105K the feed rollers should be next to go if one if your trays are not gone already.

If your think this trip is expensive wait for all the dev tanks transfer belt and fuser to go at the same time.

I will definitely rely on authorized service person when there is need to change such mechanical parts. Now I just wanted to find out why it is not printing anything before investing any more money. Now I know that it works and why it didn't work before. I don't have any intention to endanger professional technician's income. It looks like feed rollers in top document feeder needs to be replaced soon, too.

My usage is so random that I will be dead long before dev tanks needs to be replaced.:D

allan
03-08-2020, 02:00 PM
How far are you from the nearest city center?

Ilsu
03-08-2020, 02:49 PM
That is probably a marketing issue in SM and/or in admin settings... or just user settings (depends on what exactly is going on). I think you got a little lucky here. A lot of us here depend on our knowledge to secure our financial future and tend to be over-protective. Thankfully, not any jackass can figure all this stuff out on the fly.

In general this forum is for techs only (or those that display a modicum of competency) so keep that in mind. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Luckily, I am not "eating your bread" here. I suppose none of you would come to Finland to fix this machine anyway.:D As I mentioned earlier, my intention is not to compete with service technicians. I only wanted to know what might be wrong with it and get it up and running. I definitely have to ask qualified person to help me out with certain things. I didn't recognize that this is only for professionals. I am also an engineer in telecommunications so finding out the solutions to problems is in my blood. But thank you all for all help I received. And as mentioned, I also learned a lot.

Ilkka

Synthohol
03-08-2020, 03:30 PM
not to stir the mud but i cannot find any post or announcement or rule that says this forum is for techs only nor is there a competency requirement posted.
i thought we were all inclusive here but still poke fun at ID10ts and rip-off artists.
when i needed to fix my dishwasher i found a forum that seemed to have mostly professionals but i was welcome wholeheartedly.
i try to return the favor here. (unless you are asking how to reset a meter and i will rip you apart ;) )

Ilsu
03-09-2020, 08:29 AM
How far are you from the nearest city center?

From nearest city where is copier service: 48km, about 30 miles.

allan
03-09-2020, 08:48 AM
From nearest city where is copier service: 48km, about 30 miles.

That is around the corner that is about as far as my closest customer.

copier tech
03-09-2020, 10:05 AM
The black drum is the only consumable over life, this ran out in 2018 so i'd assume the machine has been in use for the last 18 months etc.

From the copy screen at the top do you have a explanation mark? if so press it, if its not there the life stop setting are disabled & you can print/copy.

You can see the print jobs in the queue & the blue activity light comes on, sound like you have user authentication or account track turned on?

Have a look in administrator settings>User Authentication/Account Track turn this OFF.

allan
03-09-2020, 10:12 AM

He got it running a while ago.

Synaux
03-09-2020, 10:42 AM
not to stir the mud but i cannot find any post or announcement or rule that says this forum is for techs only nor is there a competency requirement posted.
i thought we were all inclusive here but still poke fun at ID10ts and rip-off artists.
when i needed to fix my dishwasher i found a forum that seemed to have mostly professionals but i was welcome wholeheartedly.
i try to return the favor here. (unless you are asking how to reset a meter and i will rip you apart ;) )

Fuck it. Stir the mud. I was simply trying to explain some of the contention.

I started here knowing nearly nothing. An old timer turned me on to this forum and strongly encouraged I use his login (due to tech-prejudgement--and status), but I took it upon myself to learn as much as I could as an indy and create my own account. I feel I have helped at least a few people in my trek too. So if someone else wants to join the party, I welcome the addition. Hell, I will even buy some of the old ornerys' a beer if I need to...I think I've said enough...

Custom Search