PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 350 odd access issue to change soft switch

Custom Search

Sam Tofu
03-06-2020, 07:52 PM
Initially just a change Drum'Image unit warning. However, when entered Utility/Counter THEN on right side with meter/Check detail it was sort of faded out and non responsive. Poking around here found all the old posts re 350 drum etc. Drum being OK and DV being jet black and solid, I was simply going to check and if necessary change soft switch settings.
Going back today to see if could get into tech mode, the C2557 had now come on.

SO ? is is there something I may be doing trying to get into screen to enter the normal Stop 00 .....
If can reset and even if have to change drum and DV (Which are totally good) customer is willing. But if additional electronic issues then the machine is destined fro recycle.

Any ideas re why screen on right of Ultility /counter won't respond other than board issue GREATLY aprreciated
TIA ;)

femaster
03-07-2020, 06:15 AM
You've got a lot of info in your post that seems to jump around, but I'd like to concentrate on the "right side being non-responsive" part. If you are referring to the touch screen being non-responsive, then this is a common problem with these models. The conductive adhesive gives out over time and the touch panel (not the screen) has to be replaced. Sometimes part of the panel works, sometimes it acts like the touch calibration is off, other times it is completely dead and doesn't respond to touch at all.

allan
03-07-2020, 06:28 AM
Try an aftermarket chip on the black IU.
Hopefully it resets the TCR value.
Could just sort it for bit longer.

Sam Tofu
03-08-2020, 07:01 PM
Thanks Femaster. Yes, that seems to be case re touch screen. Will see if customer willing to invest in additional repair cost for replacing touch screen.

copyman
03-08-2020, 10:17 PM
You can get aftermarket touch glass for around $50 USD.

This model don't use chips. Depending on age of drum & developer you may have to replace to get rid of the 2557 code. Or at least change developer & run F8

Custom Search