PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous I want to help at Stop the alarm, Orange light : bizhub C754

Custom Search

mhmds102466
03-09-2020, 06:31 AM
I want to help at
Stop the alarm
::
The orange light always lights up with the message Replace Staple Cartridge

allan
03-09-2020, 07:17 AM
Install staples?
Or fool the sensor.

mhmds102466
03-09-2020, 10:18 AM
Install staples?
Or fool the sensor.

How do I do fool the sensor

allan
03-09-2020, 10:22 AM
Pure cunning and mad skill.

Believe its a switch..

Cut a piece of cold drink can and shove it in there. Make sure it can not reach the front otherwise it will jam the stapler.
Never done this before so you are experiment case no1.

What about unplugging the LED if its bothering them so much?

rrrohan
03-09-2020, 01:17 PM
Or trouble isolate the staple?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

allan
03-09-2020, 02:04 PM
Or trouble isolate the staple?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Believe it will still be red and tel you you can't use stapler?

Bix
03-09-2020, 03:05 PM
CE - System 1 - Problem unit isolation set - page 2 - Staple: SET

I believe this could solve the problem, what do you think of it?

femaster
03-09-2020, 11:33 PM
CE - System 1 - Problem unit isolation set - page 2 - Staple: SET

I believe this could solve the problem, what do you think of it?

You will still have the orange error light, except the message will change from replace staple cartridge to staple can not be used now.

femaster
03-10-2020, 12:08 AM
I want to help at
Stop the alarm
::
The orange light always lights up with the message Replace Staple Cartridge

At first, I agreed with allan completely. However, after looking at the theory of operation for the stapler, I realized that it isn't going to be as easy as fooling the empty sensor. There are actually two sensors in the stapler unit that would need to be fooled, and neither is going to be an easy task. Your best bet would be to just have them buy some staples.

If you want to proceed with your attempt, I've attached the section from the service manual that shows how the stapler empty sensing works. There is the empty sensor, and then there is the self priming sensor. Both of these would need to be "fooled" as they operate in unison. If the empty sensor is fooled, them the stapler is going to cycle multiple times every time a door is opened and closed, or the unit comes out of sleep, boots up, or at every job, because the copier will be trying to prime the stapler, which will never succeed because there are no staples to prime it with. While I don't know for certain, this may also lead to a SC-error.

Good luck if you attempt it!

copyman
03-10-2020, 12:30 AM
What finisher? Why not just repair or replace it instead of "rigging" it? All my wholesalers have many of these finishers they will give you for free or maybe $25. When they ship containers full of copiers to other countries they don't want the finishers so wholesalers end up scrapping them.

Replace the whole finisher or just the staple unit.

I have the FS-534 complete staple unit if you want. Will sell cheap. Also have the staple units for the SD-511 booklet option if needed.

tsbservice
03-10-2020, 01:59 PM
At first, I agreed with allan completely. However, after looking at the theory of operation for the stapler, I realized that it isn't going to be as easy as fooling the empty sensor. There are actually two sensors in the stapler unit that would need to be fooled, and neither is going to be an easy task. Your best bet would be to just have them buy some staples.

If you want to proceed with your attempt, I've attached the section from the service manual that shows how the stapler empty sensing works. There is the empty sensor, and then there is the self priming sensor. Both of these would need to be "fooled" as they operate in unison. If the empty sensor is fooled, them the stapler is going to cycle multiple times every time a door is opened and closed, or the unit comes out of sleep, boots up, or at every job, because the copier will be trying to prime the stapler, which will never succeed because there are no staples to prime it with. While I don't know for certain, this may also lead to a SC-error.

Good luck if you attempt it!

Good job femaster. After looking at pdf I think if one remove staple cartridge and 2 springs from sensor actuators(last picture) machine will think everything is OK with staple.

allan
03-10-2020, 03:09 PM
Ok scratch that idea.
Just get some staples.

Custom Search