PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C554e - Turned all Developing units black?/

Custom Search

Kenny
03-09-2020, 11:54 AM
Hi guys,

We currently have a machine at a customers which has turned all the colour developing units black?

We have the following P codes: P-28, P-6, P-7, P-8, P-21. Also the machine is experiencing C-4501 and C-4101 errors which we will be possibly replacing the FRB, PH unit and PRCB, all the connection to these parts seem fine. The machine is on the latest firmware.

Just wanted to see if any has experienced the developing unit issue?

Bix
03-09-2020, 12:03 PM
I believe he attempted to turn the printer into a black and white MFP only, by inserting black toner into all the toner bottles.
Now what is the situation? Are the toner bottles correct?

allan
03-09-2020, 12:30 PM
If all the dev units was healthy and then turned black the machine would run as normal with no p-codes.
I normally install all black dev tanks and then turn them to color. While all is black there are no p-codes.

Do half tone pattern cmyk and check for the voids.

Dumb thing to do there are better ways to do this.

copyman
03-09-2020, 12:36 PM
I have never seen or heard of anything like this. If you are saying you can remove a "color" dev unit and the powder is black than only way this can happen is if black toner was installed instead of color toner. Or they replaced "color" dev units with the less expensive black units but never ran 60+ 11x17 halftone test pages to change over to proper color. Even this seems odd because toners & dev units are chipped:confused:

allan
03-09-2020, 02:22 PM
Yes you need to change chips on the devtanks.
But here i believe its the original color dev tanks that are installed.
Its easy to change toner bottle tops out.

So the laser is poked?

Custom Search