PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220, does not recognize new black toner, pale black copy

Custom Search

Nico.FRA
03-09-2020, 01:41 PM
After the machine gives me the error message "change the toner", a new original toner installed, the toner level indicator always goes low. the PC interface gives 4% while the toner is new. test with another new toner, always the same. In addition, the black print is very pale but it has been working like this for 1 month! By changing the development unit k, the level indicator remains identical, very low, but the copy is instantly perfect again ..... but 500 copies later, again, very pale black copy. Anyone have any idea of ​​the problem? Error Code P-9!

The other actions which have not changed anything .... changing the motherboard, checking the clutch k that works.....inverted k and yellow toner (with change of the chip) it doesn't change anything .....
inverted k and yellow toner (with change of the chip) it doesn't change anything ....inverted k and yellow toner (with change of the chip) it doesn't change anything ....

allan
03-09-2020, 02:03 PM
Have stripped and cleaned the hopper?

Nico.FRA
03-09-2020, 04:41 PM
"It's done, but I'm afraid it could come from the HV unit card"

It's done, but I'm afraid it could come from the HV unit cardIt's done, but I'm afraid it could come from the HV unit card

GIUBOSS
03-09-2020, 10:24 PM
have you carried out all the checks for the P-9 fault (Black) including the transfer unit? Have you replaced the developer k unit as per PM?

copyman
03-10-2020, 12:33 AM
Might of missed it read your post real fast. Did you check to see if K developer dumped? Did you try a new K dev unit?

Genuine toner?

allan
03-10-2020, 12:40 AM
If its a HV issue then the TCR value should stay steady even with low print density.
The fact that you installed a new dev tank and 500 prints later the prints was light would posibly be a toner supply issue.
No C2557 error? What is the TCR value?

Honestly i almost never replace HV units ever. Last one was on a B363 and before than none for years.
On that machine the contact and spring making contact can get some corrosion but easy to clean.

blackcat4866
03-10-2020, 12:53 AM

Usually it's the bushings of the toner hopper seizing up. There are new style bushings that are supposed to fix this ... but in my experience most of the time if you clean the hopper bushings thoroughly, it never comes back. =^..^=

Nico.FRA
03-10-2020, 10:22 AM
Usually it's the bushings of the toner hopper seizing up. There are new style bushings that are supposed to fix this ... but in my experience most of the time if you clean the hopper bushings thoroughly, it never comes back. =^..^=
"by dismantling the Assy sub hopper, am i right?"

Nico.FRA
03-10-2020, 11:01 AM
If its a HV issue then the TCR value should stay steady even with low print density.
The fact that you installed a new dev tank and 500 prints later the prints was light would posibly be a toner supply issue.
No C2557 error? What is the TCR value?

Honestly i almost never replace HV units ever. Last one was on a B363 and before than none for years.
On that machine the contact and spring making contact can get some corrosion but easy to clean.
"OK"

allan
03-10-2020, 11:01 AM
Yes.

Did you replace the dev tank with a new or used devtank?

What is the black TCR value????

Nico.FRA
03-10-2020, 11:28 AM
Yes.

Did you replace the dev tank with a new or used devtank?

What is the black TCR value????
" Replace a new Dev. K unit, genuine one from konika. TCR level : 4%....but with a full one, also genuine!"

Nico.FRA
03-10-2020, 11:32 AM
have you carried out all the checks for the P-9 fault (Black) including the transfer unit? Have you replaced the developer k unit as per PM?
"Transfer Unit is ok, What does PM mean?"

Nico.FRA
03-10-2020, 11:36 AM
Might of missed it read your post real fast. Did you check to see if K developer dumped? Did you try a new K dev unit?

Genuine toner?
"I did not try again with another new development unit, the toner is a genuine one"

blackcat4866
03-10-2020, 11:11 PM
"by dismantling the Assy sub hopper, am i right?"

Yes, correct.

copyman
03-11-2020, 12:17 AM
"Transfer Unit is ok, What does PM mean?"

This is what gets me mad. How can you offer help to someone that doesn't know what a "PM" is.

Sorry I have to draw the line at some point. Not going to waste my time speaking in technical terms if someone doesn't even know something like this. Makes me think they are end user.

I will help end users to a certain point but I'm here to help my fellow tech brothers!

allan
03-11-2020, 04:30 AM
Ok so you got the TCR level and @4% its indicates that you have low toner.
Inside the sub hopper there is a magnet that switches a reed switch on the outside of the sub hopper,
that magnet can collect developer and the aluminum plate there gets stuck.

Strip and clean the sub hopper!

PM... you are going need to figure that out.

Means more than one thing here.

Nico.FRA
03-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Yes, correct.
"I carried out a complete cleaning, completely emptied the hopper, reassembled and proceeded to a manual complement via the service mode. After completing the addition, I again removed the K dev Unit, turned the gears of the hopper manually, the developer circulates correctly .... nothing changed!

For information, I went to the level History 1 parameters, IDC 1 = + / - 2.97, IDC2 = + / - 2.80, where the instructions in the service manual give a rating of 4.3volts for a normal value. The rest of the information corresponds to the normal values ​​given by the service manual"

Nico.FRA
03-11-2020, 10:55 AM
This is what gets me mad. How can you offer help to someone that doesn't know what a "PM" is.

Sorry I have to draw the line at some point. Not going to waste my time speaking in technical terms if someone doesn't even know something like this. Makes me think they are end user.

I will help end users to a certain point but I'm here to help my fellow tech brothers!

"Sorry to bother you, you can forget my thread. Take a look at where I come from, you will also understand why, some terms may seem complicated to understand for me. But you're right, I'm just a bad end user who deserves no help. Just a detail, before finding this very interesting forum, I brought two professional technicians that I paid each € 150, the advice they gave me (change the development unit for the first and change the card mother for the second) did not help me much, apart from losing 300 € + the parts I bought and changed myself. Now, I haven't read anywhere that end users weren't allowed on the formum, sorry, I'm just an architect, but I want to understand things and get very interested in them, I also like to put hands in, refusing to throw away equipment that is broken down and rot the planet a little more for a story that is most certainly repairable, provided you want to repair it. the two technicians advising me, given "the great age of the machine", to part with it to take new equipment. Just incomprehensible.

If I don't have my place on the forum, I would leave. What does the moderator think?
Thank you for your help to all who were kind enough to devote a little of their time, "for the planet!"

copyman
03-11-2020, 01:51 PM
First: The moderator thinks you should contribute a small donation to this site.

Second: We don't care where you are from. When I help someone I don't first look where they are from, I do look to see if they have contributed to this forum.

Like I posted I will help anyone but if someone doesn't know what a PM is that is where I draw the line. "PM" is a universal shortcut for "Preventive Maintenance". Been around since I been in this business 40+ years !!!!!

No one here is trying to scare people away, end users or technicians. This is no private club, or it would be passworded site. Just like to know who we are dealing with.

Actually hope you stay, become a contributer with a small donation, but more important a contributer with your knowledge. With the hopes you may even help me someday!

Best of luck to you.

Nico.FRA
03-11-2020, 03:08 PM
First: The moderator thinks you should contribute a small donation to this site.

Second: We don't care where you are from. When I help someone I don't first look where they are from, I do look to see if they have contributed to this forum.

Like I posted I will help anyone but if someone doesn't know what a PM is that is where I draw the line. "PM" is a universal shortcut for "Preventive Maintenance". Been around since I been in this business 40+ years !!!!!

No one here is trying to scare people away, end users or technicians. This is no private club, or it would be passworded site. Just like to know who we are dealing with.

Actually hope you stay, become a contributer with a small donation, but more important a contributer with your knowledge. With the hopes you may even help me someday!

Best of luck to you.
"Thank you for this friendly addition, I will do my best to honor my presence here!"

allan
03-11-2020, 03:47 PM
The IDS values are ok around 2.8 the two values there should not differ from each other to much.
IDS Image density sensor checks reflection on the transfer belt to determine density and also to align the different color so that the overlay of color are registered.
Don't think any of that is part of the problem you have.

If you print half-tones form service mode are the colors nice and dark and only the black that has gone light?

TCR values are normal around 6.5% Toner to Carrier Ratio. 6.5% toner in the developer.
4% here is to low.

Does it run with out giving you error codes? Looking for error C-2557.

You can relieve your problem by printing in composite black.
That means even B/W prints must be set to print in full color.
Then in the printer properties you need to go to <Quality> <Quality adjustment> and then <Other> switch the option for pure black to off.

Think that's it sure the guys here will correct me.

Need to get that info from you to help. Tweaking the setting can help but can also do damage.

So the two question i have. Are the other colors ok?
And do you get an error code from time to time?

tsbservice
03-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Agree with allan TCR should be 6.5 +-1.5
Add manual toner into dev unit. If it improves CQ for some prints you will know that problem is with toner not being added.
Mark K toner bottle to see if it's actually rotates. Check PCRB for blown ICPs. Get another working FREYB and swap your in case Front side relay board is defective.

Nico.FRA
03-11-2020, 04:36 PM
The IDS values are ok around 2.8 the two values there should not differ from each other to much.
IDS Image density sensor checks reflection on the transfer belt to determine density and also to align the different color so that the overlay of color are registered.
Don't think any of that is part of the problem you have.

If you print half-tones form service mode are the colors nice and dark and only the black that has gone light?

TCR values are normal around 6.5% Toner to Carrier Ratio. 6.5% toner in the developer.
4% here is to low.

Does it run with out giving you error codes? Looking for error C-2557.

You can relieve your problem by printing in composite black.
That means even B/W prints must be set to print in full color.
Then in the printer properties you need to go to <Quality> <Quality adjustment> and then <Other> switch the option for pure black to off.

Think that's it sure the guys here will correct me.

Need to get that info from you to help. Tweaking the setting can help but can also do damage.

So the two question i have. Are the other colors ok?
And do you get an error code from time to time?
"To answer the two questions, yes, the problem is only on black, and no, no other error message than my original P-9 which is still there! For the settings that you advise me .... i did it, not so bad as emergency solution! ;-)

Nico.FRA
03-11-2020, 04:52 PM
Agree with allan TCR should be 6.5 +-1.5
Add manual toner into dev unit. If it improves CQ for some prints you will know that problem is with toner not being added.
Mark K toner bottle to see if it's actually rotates. Check PCRB for blown ICPs. Get another working FREYB and swap your in case Front side relay board is defective.
"Hello, I have already manually added powder to the development unit, nothing has changed. For the rest, we will try that!"

tsbservice
03-11-2020, 05:16 PM
"Hello, I have already manually added powder to the development unit, nothing has changed. For the rest, we will try that!"
That's strange. At 4% K TCR your black density will be low but after manually adding toner black should improve for some time.
Did you try to swap K drum with another one?
Can you post a picture of your black printout?
Hmmm... your IDC readings should be around 4.3V indeed they seem too low at 2.9V, what is ITB condition and life count?

Nico.FRA
03-11-2020, 05:35 PM
That's strange. At 4% K TCR your black density will be low but after manually adding toner black should improve for some time.
Hmmm... your IDC readings should be around 4.3V indeed they seem too low at 2.9V, what is ITB condition and life count?
"Yes, I have already swapped the drum y with the K, changing the chip, no better! TCR k level was wrong, it's now with 6.31%, in attachment the scan of the last graduating test"45232

allan
03-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Got the feeling there are tweaks applied somewhere.
Under service mode <image process adjustment>

Max image density should be 0
Image background adjust should be 0
All transfer voltage setting must be on Auto
Monochrome density should be 0
All TCR offsets should be on 0

Do manual toner add
Do gradation adjustment when you are done.

allan
03-11-2020, 06:15 PM

Most machines i have checked the IDS values are 2.9v for me that is normal.
But could be worth removing the transfer belt and to clean the 2 image density sensors.

Ok P-9 in this condition i think would be normal as the IDS is reporting low density.

Nico.FRA
03-11-2020, 06:42 PM
Most machines i have checked the IDS values are 2.9v for me that is normal.
But could be worth removing the transfer belt and to clean the 2 image density sensors.

Ok P-9 in this condition i think would be normal as the IDS is reporting low density.
"Unfortunately already done ( clean the 2 image density sensors) and nothing different.

allan
03-11-2020, 06:52 PM
Got the feeling there are tweaks applied somewhere.
Under service mode <image process adjustment>

Max image density should be 0
Image background adjust should be 0
All transfer voltage setting must be on Auto
Monochrome density should be 0
All TCR offsets should be on 0

Do manual toner add
Do gradation adjustment when you are done.

Found anything adjusted there?

Nico.FRA
03-12-2020, 08:19 AM
Found anything adjusted there?
"Everything is exactly as you mentioned"

allan
03-12-2020, 02:45 PM
Ok then tweak it to see if that helps.

Set the TCR K offset to +3 then do toner add followed by gradation adjustment.

For the fun of it reinstall the devtank could be a bad developer bias contact but with a low TCR value i doubt it.

Nico.FRA
03-12-2020, 04:39 PM
Ok then tweak it to see if that helps.

Set the TCR K offset to +3 then do toner add followed by gradation adjustment.

For the fun of it reinstall the devtank could be a bad developer bias contact but with a low TCR value i doubt it.
"Oh oh, [TCR Toner supply] is missing from the menu!!!?, see attached file45242 "

allan
03-12-2020, 05:42 PM
My bad, then don't think its available to adjust on the C220.

So you say you have removed the developer tank and added some toner by hand in there.
Never more than a teaspoon at a time?

Guess you are frustrated by now. Wonder if the dev tanks the techs replaced was new or used?

Nico.FRA
03-12-2020, 06:35 PM
My bad, then don't think its available to adjust on the C220.

So you say you have removed the developer tank and added some toner by hand in there.
Never more than a teaspoon at a time?

Guess you are frustrated by now. Wonder if the dev tanks the techs replaced was new or used?
"Yes for the quantity, it was ok, for the thank, all new in the box.....but I believe that I am going crazy with this copier, I am now battling with one more problem ..... I launch a print from my computer, the printer reacts by blowing, the blue light flashes ..... but that lasts a very long time, nothing in the queue of spots, nothing anywhere, just it blows and nothing happens! In the other direction, the scan is ok from the C200 to the computer but from the computer to the copier, nothing even by launching a test page. Printer deleted then reinstalled, always the same! Crying, I'm wasting so mutch time!"

allan
03-12-2020, 07:26 PM
Ok so you have 2 copiers a C200 and a C220?
You need to get a trained tech out there to sort you out.
Seem like things are going from bad to worse.

So something changed and then the printing stopped. Can you identify that?

Demo and other internal print made from the machine ok?
What if you print from a USB thumb drive?
In the job log on the machine do you see "deleted due to error"?

copyman
03-13-2020, 03:23 AM

Finally! After all the time and energy wasted on this thread (mostly allan's time). Should of seen the light once the poster asked what a PM was. This poster had no right to continue to waste time here and should of called a "qualified" tech right from the beginning. And after all the help people offered here do you think the poster would of at least donated $5 or $10. Guess he didn't think it was worth it. And after all this he will still have to call a tech and pay a lot of $$$$$. Like my dad use to say, "there's no free lunch"!

Nico.FRA
03-13-2020, 09:06 AM

"Thank you so much Allan for all your advice, I will leave the site. Unfortunately, the technicians I am brushing up on do not give me the solution and I actually had a lot more interest from you than from the people I paid to do it here in Montpellier. As Copyman asks me, I will therefore disappear. for information, the Minolta technician who came by yesterday did not help me out but sent me a proposal to buy the machine for € 400 and then offered me the sale of another machine for € 4,350 ..... not judging the interesting troubleshooting. It's to vomit!I apologize for the time you have lost for me and the considerable energy in the service of a stranger. Yours sincerely. Cordially. Nicolas."

Zesti
03-13-2020, 09:19 AM
Checked this tread just now and was feeling sorry for Nico....
It's a pitty...
Nico a last try...
Clean your laser windows with the cleaning stick inside of the front door....
Try replacing the ITB... IMAGE TRANSFER BELT if you have 2 machines........
I'm assuming your TCR level is above 6% which quite fine....
Where did you get the new unit...from KonicaMinolta or from Alibaba????????

copyman
03-13-2020, 01:35 PM
"Thank you so much Allan for all your advice, I will leave the site. Unfortunately, the technicians I am brushing up on do not give me the solution and I actually had a lot more interest from you than from the people I paid to do it here in Montpellier. As Copyman asks me, I will therefore disappear. for information, the Minolta technician who came by yesterday did not help me out but sent me a proposal to buy the machine for € 400 and then offered me the sale of another machine for € 4,350 ..... not judging the interesting troubleshooting. It's to vomit!I apologize for the time you have lost for me and the considerable energy in the service of a stranger. Yours sincerely. Cordially. Nicolas."

NO one asked you to leave. I'm not the admin and don't have the authority to ask anyone to leave. I'm not being cruel. If you were near me I would come and out and try and fix it for FREE! That's the type of person I am. Just that you are at a point you need to have a "qualified" tech take care of your issues. Sounds like you called a big company that always tries to upgrade the customer once they see you have an older model. They are like sharks!
You need to find an "independent" tech / small company that is like most on this forum and takes pride in "repairing" machines not to sell you right away. I understand there are cimcumstances where someone might be in a remote area and that's where it can be a challenge. Perhaps put an ad in local paper for an independent tech needed or even post to see if Tech on this forum might be in your area/country? Hopefully you can get these issues resolved and can come back here for successful help with a different issue in the future. At that point it would be nice to see you are a contributer but will still get help here regardless.

Once again sorry if I came off the wrong way but it comes to a point that just can't be resolved online.

Best of luck!

avecosat
03-13-2020, 01:57 PM
Nico is not a technician and maybe he does not understand that these machines sometimes the problems are very complex and you need professional experience to understand other professionals who are trying to help you.

Nico.FRA
03-13-2020, 03:11 PM
NO one asked you to leave. I'm not the admin and don't have the authority to ask anyone to leave. I'm not being cruel. If you were near me I would come and out and try and fix it for FREE! That's the type of person I am. Just that you are at a point you need to have a "qualified" tech take care of your issues. Sounds like you called a big company that always tries to upgrade the customer once they see you have an older model. They are like sharks!
You need to find an "independent" tech / small company that is like most on this forum and takes pride in "repairing" machines not to sell you right away. I understand there are cimcumstances where someone might be in a remote area and that's where it can be a challenge. Perhaps put an ad in local paper for an independent tech needed or even post to see if Tech on this forum might be in your area/country? Hopefully you can get these issues resolved and can come back here for successful help with a different issue in the future. At that point it would be nice to see you are a contributer but will still get help here regardless.

Once again sorry if I came off the wrong way but it comes to a point that just can't be resolved online.

Best of luck!
"Thank u very mutch for this post, unfortunately, of "small" technician I did not find in the sector and all the others arrive at the same conclusion: to change material ...... it is thus, with regret, because I need it for my work and that I cannot wait very long to seek and still seek, that I will make this change. one more copier that will certainly fill the container leaving for an underdeveloped country where he may be able to find a second life .... maybe not! I would so much have liked to share the solution that worked, but it is so. Thanks again to everyone!
Nicolas

Nico.FRA
03-13-2020, 03:51 PM
It's a pitty...
Nico a last try...
" The unit was new and genuine, a real Konika one. I have just one copier and wont have the possibility to try to change the transfer belt to see if it's the problem, thank's for your intervention"

allan
03-15-2020, 06:24 AM

Do this on my own free time so i don't mind helping guys who try, believe in the right to repair these machines.
Don't give up yet. Its a pity you can't find a decent tech around there. There are good secondhand finds out there.
Trick there is to find a machine that just came from contract and the PM condition is good.
Then only would it be a good buy.

But continue to repair the machines you have.
Probably a simple problem one of use can repair in less than 30min.

Curious about the total count on the machine?

allan
03-15-2020, 06:30 AM
It's a pitty...
Nico a last try...

That slipped my mind.
Sometimes the simple things that gets overlooked.
Could be a soiled laser glass.

Otherwise a bad bias voltage connection to the dev tank.

Nico.FRA
03-16-2020, 09:34 AM
Do this on my own free time so i don't mind helping guys who try, believe in the right to repair these machines.
Don't give up yet. Its a pity you can't find a decent tech around there. There are good secondhand finds out there.
Trick there is to find a machine that just came from contract and the PM condition is good.
Then only would it be a good buy.

But continue to repair the machines you have.
Probably a simple problem one of use can repair in less than 30min.

Curious about the total count on the machine?
"Thank you for still being there, the counter displays 46,859 copies ... but in reality even less, we were surprised to see that at the time when we were under contract with Konika, the counter took several times 500 copies of mysterious way (...)"
Thank you for still being there, the counter displays 46,859 copies ... but in reality even less, we were surprised to see that at the time when we were under contract with Konika, the counter took several times 500 copies of mysterious way (...)"Thank you for still being there, the counter displays 46,859 copies ... but in reality even less, we were surprised to see that at the time when we were under contract with Konika, the counter took several times 500 copies of mysterious way (...)

Nico.FRA
03-16-2020, 09:36 AM
That slipped my mind.
Sometimes the simple things that gets overlooked.
Could be a soiled laser glass.

Otherwise a bad bias voltage connection to the dev tank.
"For a bad connection of bias voltage to the development tank, how do you know?"
"For a bad connection of bias voltage to the development tank, how do you know?

allan
03-16-2020, 12:42 PM
Light copies would be an effect of a bad bias connection.
Even bad primary transfer could be possible adjust that under image process adjustment to see if there is any change there.
Difficult to determine because of the machine layout and the nature of the voltage.

At less than 60K prints the machine should be in good fair condition counting in its age.

Not a fan of faulty high voltage power supplies because i never encounter them, but possible.
But you could strip the machine to check the condition of the spring contacts to check for corrosion.
This is where thinks gets more risky removing and reinstalling electronic prints.

Afraid that i could take you down the wrong rabbit hole here.

Print and post a demo page from the machine panel and post that.

Did you inspect the laser glass and cleaned that?
So your TCR value stays around 6.5% now?

Nico.FRA
03-16-2020, 03:06 PM
Light copies would be an effect of a bad bias connection.
Even bad primary transfer could be possible adjust that under image process adjustment to see if there is any change there.
Difficult to determine because of the machine layout and the nature of the voltage.

At less than 60K prints the machine should be in good fair condition counting in its age.

Not a fan of faulty high voltage power supplies because i never encounter them, but possible.
But you could strip the machine to check the condition of the spring contacts to check for corrosion.
This is where thinks gets more risky removing and reinstalling electronic prints.

Afraid that i could take you down the wrong rabbit hole here.

Print and post a demo page from the machine panel and post that.

Did you inspect the laser glass and cleaned that?
So your TCR value stays around 6.5% now?
"I had already checked the HV card, the springs were normal (no oxidation). By "Laser glass" you mean the PH unit Window, right? I will see that. The TCR level is currently at 6.57. Here is the photo Shared album - Nicolas Perrier - Google Photos (https://photos.app.goo.gl/GnxYvi3LeJoupC699) (the scan has a network problem) of the page testvia the service interface. For information, I also made the dev unit k contacts with a contact cleaning spray (relay card and contactors of the company)"

allan
03-16-2020, 03:55 PM
Would be a complete overlook if you find the PH glass window dirty...
So you have changed out the drum...
Only other thing would be the transfer belt and transfer belt contacts.
Then i am out of advice.

Looks like you have done everything you can so far. Looks like you need to stick to this model now seeing that you know more about it than some techs out there.

Custom Search