PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C454 Jam J3205

Custom Search

selwag
03-10-2020, 07:55 PM
Hello everyone.
I have a problem with the C454 + FS533
Jams occur behind the fuser, only when the inner finisher FS-533 is installed. When we disassemble the finisher it works great.
I found a newsletter regarding this error J3205, they recommend lowering the temperature on the fuser.
Maybe someone has already encountered such a problem?

barber782
03-10-2020, 09:20 PM
Iv always...

Updated firmware
Decreased the fuser temp by - 5
Lowered the fuser transport speed by 2
Removed the noise damper pads for the exit/duplex gate, located on the exit assembly and Upper door, as the gate can stick.
Fit modified part for the exit solenoid. As the gate doesn't always open/Close far enough. See attached photo.

On the odd occasion iv had to adjust reg loop adjustments, but not sure that will help you.

If it jams constantly an inch after fuser then the exit clutch might be suspect. You can usually tell if it's the clutch as you will find orange rust around the top of the duplex door hinge.

If I can think of anything else I will let you know.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200310/13017ae05cfe5af5211ead00546d799f.jpg

avecosat
03-13-2020, 01:19 PM
One solution is to stretch the solenoid spring a little.

jmaister
03-16-2020, 06:22 AM
Hello everyone.
Jams occur behind the fuser, only when the inner finisher FS-533 is installed. When we disassemble the finisher it works great.
I found a newsletter regarding this error J3205, they recommend lowering the temperature on the fuser.

You see that picture posted of the solenoid?

Another way is to put a 1-2mm shim in front of the solenoid, on the frame, it lowers the gate a tad at resting position. It seem the gate shuts just a tad slow, so the paper either Nick the gate or goes to the wrong place (as on finding paper behind exit)

blazebusiness
03-18-2020, 07:04 PM
Hello everyone.

Those internal finishers have a known issue of not timing correctly with the C454 MFP and causing jams.

If the 3205 jams are due to paper curl , Then just set fuser warmup mode to mode 3 and decrease temp by -10 degrees. Almost always fixes it. (attaching techpub for J3205 issue below)

But, If the jams they are having are due to improper timing between those crappy internal finishers and the C454 MFP - we usually just upgrade the customer to a FS-534 finisher.

Some tech's have had success lubricating the main body exit assembly bushings to deal with the timing issues on the C364's and C454's. The slower speed 4 series machines don't seem to suffer the same internal finisher timing issues.

Custom Search