PDA

View Full Version : Konica C654e finisher not detected

Custom Search

blazebusiness
03-11-2020, 02:33 AM
Customer called with a jamming issue-----turns out the FS-534 finisher is not detected so the paper reaches the RU-513 horizontal transport unit and wads up. Connectors are all plugged in----and no bent pins. Has anyone seen power supply issues or finisher pcb failures causing issues like this? Suggestions appreciated.

copyman
03-11-2020, 03:01 AM
Yes I have seen FS-534 with bad main board. At least 3 times. Let me know if you need the board I prob have a good one.

I just wanted to be clear the exact symptoms you describe was reason for replacing the finisher main boards, the RU513 not turning on. No electronics in the RU, just sensors, motors & rollers. All the signals for the RU come from the FS-534 main board.

Synthohol
03-11-2020, 03:46 AM
swap the RU. just to be sure.
i got burned once replacing the FNS board, and the PRCB only to find it was the RU.
now its the first thing i swap and when it works i clean it up real nice so you cant tell its from a lease return.

raplma
03-11-2020, 09:10 AM
We had exactly this on our 554e and it was the FNS board.
As Synthohol said we first swapped the RU, same issue, then the FNS board, fixed it

tsbservice
03-11-2020, 09:56 AM
They(customers) may moved finisher away from machine for some reason. If they disconnect or especially connect finisher to machine without unplugging machine power cord that can blow out FNS board. Another possibility is if machine has ICP for finisher.

blazebusiness
03-11-2020, 01:40 PM
Thanks much for all the replies..........I'll head out there with another RU and FS-534 pcb. Will return and post what fixes it.

setfree40
01-23-2021, 07:26 PM
I know this thread is old, but I have a question about the RU-513. I know it is required to use a finisher, but I have a customer who was expecting a temorary C368 with an FS-534, but the FS-534 was damaged in transit. The main body is printing ok, but without the finisher, does the RU-513 in turn work without the finisher, cause I've seen no way to connect it by itself to the main body. Again, I know it will print without it, but will the RU-513 work with or without a finisher option?

allan
01-23-2021, 07:35 PM
I know this thread is old, but I have a question about the RU-513. I know it is required to use a finisher, but I have a customer who was expecting a temorary C368 with an FS-534, but the FS-534 was damaged in transit. The main body is printing ok, but without the finisher, does the RU-513 in turn work without the finisher, cause I've seen no way to connect it by itself to the main body. Again, I know it will print without it, but will the RU-513 work with or without a finisher option?

No, it was explained by copyman earlier in this thread. The control electronics for the RU is on the FNS PCB so there is no way to drive it without the finisher.
You can try and explain to the customer how to remove the 2 screws keeping it in place and to put the screws back into the brackets.

blackcat4866
01-23-2021, 07:59 PM
Yes, just temporarily remove the bridge and let the copies fall onto the engine cover. =^..^=

Custom Search