PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 4050 email jam notification?

Custom Search

Toxic
03-11-2020, 11:45 AM
Have few of 4050 leased and set email notification but when i received jam notification it only shows "paper jam", time and ip.
This is not realy helpful without jam code.
Somebody know how to set up to receive specific jam code in email?

Synthohol
03-11-2020, 12:51 PM
use vcare.

tsbservice
03-11-2020, 03:32 PM
use vcare.
Vcare in Europe CSRC is paid service if you're not KM direct. I don't think that it deserves in therms of setup and fee especially for that small old model.

Toxic I also think for normal scenario email notifications are sufficient but honestly I don't think that this Lexmark's rebadges have anything more to add.
Atleast quick look at SM didn't show a clue.
Take care bud.

Toxic
03-11-2020, 04:44 PM
You are right tsbservice, i dont have need for more than basic reporting over email.
I also search SM for some dipsw but cant find it and does not seems logic that options does not exist but who knows what Lexmark thinking.
This way how it works it is almost useless to know there is some kind of jam and can not know what is exact code.

tsbservice
03-12-2020, 04:33 PM
I do setup our office C250i to send email notifications and upon making a jam( don't blame me usually I remove paper jams :. ) this is what I received:
Misfeed detected.
Nice work KM. Totally useless that way, have to agree.

Toxic
03-12-2020, 08:51 PM
Same thing like on 4050,just misfeed,no code?

tsbservice
03-12-2020, 09:05 PM
Same thing like on 4050,just misfeed,no code?
Yes, just message - Misfeed detected. No code.

Toxic
03-12-2020, 10:08 PM
I assume you try to change jam code display in service mode-system 2-jam code display-display ?

tsbservice
03-12-2020, 10:43 PM
I assume you try to change jam code display in service mode-system 2-jam code display-display ?

:cool:
Yes of course... I may be Bizhub line newbie.
But I do my courses...still lack of experience in KM.
Not lack of ever reading the Manuals though.

allan
03-19-2020, 04:41 PM

That would be switch 11 bit 7 on real KM machines. That would display the J-XXXX code on the screen.

Is that available on a 4050? Even then would it add that info on the email body?

Most reported jams are from the DF's when customers do silly things. Email jam reports are a bit much.

Toxic
03-19-2020, 05:07 PM
In my case MFP show jam code on machine display but not send report which code is.
Same thing with service call code,today i received just info to prepare for phonecall from customer :)

Printer Name: KONICA MINOLTA bizhub 4050 Serial Number: A6VF0210xxxx Error Message: "Service Call"

Time: 2020/03/19 11:53:22

allan
03-19-2020, 05:22 PM
Wonder if KM made there own A4 based machines if they would be any good.

These Lexmark machines with there ever failing IU's and crap KM OEM toner cost a lot to keep.

Then there is Kyo that just runs over the competition with there far superior A4 machines.

tsbservice
03-19-2020, 06:19 PM
That would be switch 11 bit 7 on real KM machines. That would display the J-XXXX code on the screen.

Is that available on a 4050? Even then would it add that info on the email body?

Most reported jams are from the DF's when customers do silly things. Email jam reports are a bit much.

On 4050 I believe it will always display jam code. On newer models like bizhub C224e ie it's under System 2 --> Jam code display --> Display/Do Not Display

Jumping Jack Flash
03-20-2020, 09:56 PM
In my case MFP show jam code on machine display but not send report which code is.
Same thing with service call code,today i received just info to prepare for phonecall from customer :)

KM BH4050 configured in CSRC as Email2 sends jam codes, so it should also send them in email notifications.
I know that you can set the number of consecutive jams after which the device will send notification of the jam,
so with the code should not have a problem.
The topic is interesting, I will try to check it carefully.

allan
03-21-2020, 12:00 AM
Its an easy firmware fix i guess.
Need to escalate the problem thru the right channels to see if they will fix this.

Jumping Jack Flash
03-21-2020, 02:19 PM
Its an easy firmware fix i guess.
Need to escalate the problem thru the right channels to see if they will fix this.
Hi
I found two devices with different firmware.
The machine in firmware version 4050_Ver10 sends erroneous
data, but everything works with copying, scanning and printing.
Many times it turned out that the firmware is to blame.

tsbservice
03-23-2020, 12:51 PM
I do setup our office C250i to send email notifications and upon making a jam( don't blame me usually I remove paper jams :. ) this is what I received:
Misfeed detected.
Nice work KM. Totally useless that way, have to agree.

I have to correct myself. Today machine C250i sends me email for paper jam PLUS jam code: Error : Misfeed detected. 11-02
As I made my tests before I opened front door during copying to stop paper inside. Obviously that way machine didn't actually write jam code(even in jam history in service mode).

Custom Search