PDA

View Full Version : 4402P imaging unit not detected

Custom Search

Bix
03-11-2020, 12:03 PM
hi, I have a bizhub 4402P which indicates "image unit not inserted or not detected". The customer has already tried changing the imaging unit with a nearby bizhub 4402P but the error continues. In addition, the imaging unit works on other models.

Being this client far away, what could have happened?
thank you in advice

tsbservice
03-11-2020, 12:45 PM
From what I'm reading from manual you can have bended(or contaminated) contacts for IU. Last step is to reseat the smart chip contact cable on the controller board.

Bix
03-11-2020, 06:11 PM
I found the cable for the soft imaging unit. Once I hung up well, the printer gave me toner cartridge error. I removed and reinserted the image/toner unit, the printer started working again

Strange that the problem only appeared now. has been installed for several months.
However, for now, problem solved.

Thank you!

WLIT
03-19-2020, 04:52 PM
I have had good luck with slightly bending the contacts in the mfp that mate up with the imaging unit contacts. If you examine the ones in the mfp with a flashlight you may see one or more of the 4 contacts are not aligned with the rest. You can use a small flat blade screwdriver and slightly pry each contact to the right so that they form a straight line top to bottom. This will usually give a better connection to the IU and allow it to keep going until a print quality issue would warrant replacement.

Custom Search