PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c364 request advice on color registration

Custom Search

tmw
03-12-2020, 02:43 PM
Hi, I don't know anything special about these, I hope you would know.
Was called on a machine, customer said "double image on top of each other". Before I got there I thought it might be fuser or transfer belt. When I got there I found the cyan developer near empty & toner on the corona which I figure what caused that. My test sheet showed the colors out of register so I understood what they meant now. At first, since cyan was missing I thought magenta was misaligned. But an internal quality test page showed actually black was out of line by a half millimeter.

I found the procedure to align the colors but didn't know if it was working right. The test sheet itself didn't seem misregistered. I also noticed it only allows to shift the colors. Do I have to shift all the colors to match black ? Or might there be something else going on ?

If they go with getting the new cyan drum & dev. & I go back there and I can't get around the problem, I'm going to be annoyed.

Thanks for any info you might have.

kingarthur
03-12-2020, 03:05 PM
You always align the colours with the black, which is why you can't adjust the black, make sure the sensors under the transfer belt are clean, then carry out "initialize & image stabilization", then carry out the gradation

mo0651
03-12-2020, 03:51 PM
STOP!!! How old are any of the PM parts? Drums, IU's, transferbelt used or new?. I would not mess with electronic adjustment until these are Known.:cool:

tsbservice
03-12-2020, 03:58 PM
Agree, search forum there are many threads about this issue. You may end changing costly parts over and over. Be prepared.
I will quote a fellow tech from another thread:

Replace ALL over life parts and even belt if it has blurry lines towards edges and also replace the plugged toner filter. BUT, while there, the most important thing is to vacuum out all the toner ports on the rear of the inside of the machine where the developer units meet up with.

copyman
03-12-2020, 04:46 PM
Cyan dev dumped. Don't even waste your time trying adjustments. Replace the Cyan dev unit & drum and you will be fine. Might have to do Graduation adj but that is it.

Like the other poster said there is many posts about this issue. Main reason they dump is "ANY" overlife drum can cause "ANY" other developer unit to dump!

*USE GENUINE DRUMS, DEVELOPER & TONER ONLY ON THESE MODELS! If you cheat on this it will bite you in the ass and cost a lot more than if you just used OEM in first place!

kingarthur
03-12-2020, 05:37 PM
Cyan dev dumped. Don't even waste your time trying adjustments. Replace the Cyan dev unit & drum and you will be fine. Might have to do Graduation adj but that is it.

Like the other poster said there is many posts about this issue. Main reason they dump is "ANY" overlife drum can cause "ANY" other developer unit to dump!

*USE GENUINE DRUMS, DEVELOPER & TONER ONLY ON THESE MODELS! If you cheat on this it will bite you in the ass and cost a lot more than if youjust used OEM in first place!

totally agree, replace the any overlife parts....didn't see the bit about the cyan dev....that's what happens when i read things too quickly :D

Custom Search