PDA

View Full Version : c300i screen freezed

Custom Search

Genotrom
03-13-2020, 04:35 PM
Hello, how are you? Here in france we are having a big problem with coronavirus but for now we are fighting.
I have a problem with a bizhub C300i. i installed it a month ago and it had G00-45 firmware. The first time it was turned on, the printer was loading and the screen went blank. Strange, but it can happen. After several minutes, I turned it off and on again. It finally started and I installed the G00-75 for safety.after a month, it is now giving trouble. It took a long time to wake up this morning but after a while it started working. This afternoon it started to crash again. It remains in the loading process.

Even after unplugging and hanging up the power plug.
I have seen that there is a new firmware, surely I will try to update it but I would like to listen to your advice.
That first problematic ignition makes me think about a more serious problem

copyrooks
03-13-2020, 05:26 PM
Do you have bizhub secure installed? There is a software update to fix the startup issues where it would take up to 9 minutes to boot up even after sleep mode. G00-79 firmware was released to fix that long boot up time. There is also another update that come out less than a month after g00-79 which is g00-7b that fixes another issue with freezing. Give em a shot, my experience with the updates is that there is still random slowness and freezing so I wouldn't say it's completely gone but i guess eventually Konica will find a fix. I'm not a fan of these i series but that's my opinion and i hear lots of techs in other areas feel the same.

jwai
03-13-2020, 06:40 PM
Yup, the long start up time is the weak point.

gere1
03-13-2020, 07:30 PM
as copyrooks says the g00-7b is supposed to fix these problems
and 2 or 3 more serious things
they have to be for konica to send us an email to update goo-7b

Synthohol
03-13-2020, 10:10 PM
you need to disable marketplace.

Genotrom
03-16-2020, 01:05 PM
hello people, I tried to start the printer but without success. Continue to get stuck at 30% during boot. i have also tried to rewrite the firmware but something goes wrong with the MFP Controller. It gives me back: NG. He manages to update the scanner and the rest. So now I don't know whether to start replacing the SSDB or CPUB.

copyrooks
03-16-2020, 01:19 PM
hello people, I tried to start the printer but without success. Continue to get stuck at 30% during boot. i have also tried to rewrite the firmware but something goes wrong with the MFP Controller. It gives me back: NG. He manages to update the scanner and the rest. So now I don't know whether to start replacing the SSDB or CPUB.

I had that exact issue on a c250i, konica gave me a tar reset file that didn't resolve the issue. Ended up replacing the memory board and that resolved the issue.

Synthohol
03-16-2020, 01:19 PM
you can try this, wont hurt to try.

If firmware fails on the MFP controller section perform the following steps

1. Power down machine and unplug from the wall
2. Remove the CPU and Storage board from the base board and let it sit outside of the machine for 10 minutes
3. Reinstall CPU and Storage board
4. Load latest base firmware , but instead of holding the top button in the back of the operation panel hold down the bottom button. This will take you to the screen calibration which will need to be completed and the firmware screen will appear after it is completed.
5. Load MFP controller firmware only.

tsbservice
03-16-2020, 01:51 PM
First thing to start with is doing boot diagnosis as per SM. From there you can pinpoint possible source/s of failure.

Genotrom
03-16-2020, 04:33 PM
actually i forgot to do a self diagnosis. In the past on a c360i I have already replaced SSDB. Apparently some models have defective SSDBs. The code is the same but in the Part List you can see a change. I will try to change it and I will let you know.

tsbservice
03-16-2020, 05:29 PM
actually i forgot to do a self diagnosis. In the past on a c360i I have already replaced SSDB. Apparently some models have defective SSDBs. The code is the same but in the Part List you can see a change. I will try to change it and I will let you know.

Technically here KM call it Storage board (STRGB).
Stuck loading at about 25% means mostly problem with CPU board(LPDDR4).

Genotrom
03-16-2020, 10:56 PM
That's right, STRGB is the most correct name! thank you for your support.

Can I know where you managed to find this information?

Stuck loading at about 25% means mostly problem with CPU board(LPDDR4).

tsbservice
03-17-2020, 08:52 AM
Did you do boot diagnosis? What are results?

Bix
03-17-2020, 10:27 AM
hi, try self diagnostic before

Genotrom
03-17-2020, 10:33 AM
hi, I thank you for your advice. i haven't done the self diagnostic yet because I'm waiting for the order from the CPUB and STRB to arrive. the customer is in an area infected with Coronavirus, so I can't be in that area for a long time. im preparing with all possible solutions to get the printer back, in this way I prepare myself for any unexpected. Here in france we are very worried about coronavirus

Bix
03-17-2020, 11:02 AM
Here in germany too it goes badly. Our government say 70% of Germans will be infected. I hope they are wrong.
I had a C250i with some random freezing and I replaced the STRGB. But at least in my case it lit up. In your case not even that. Maybe a self diagostic can help but if it doesn't make you do it, it's difficult to figure out what to replace first.

Genotrom
03-17-2020, 05:11 PM
problem solved. I replaced the Storage Board and I put the G00-7B firmware on. I have lost everything but now the printer has restarted! If this happens to someone, remember to bring the OCR, PDFA and Movie files as well because they may ask you for it after the replacement.
thanks everyone for the support.

jwai
03-17-2020, 05:47 PM
problem solved. I replaced the Storage Board and I put the G00-7B firmware on. I have lost everything but now the printer has restarted! If this happens to someone, remember to bring the OCR, PDFA and Movie files as well because they may ask you for it after the replacement.
thanks everyone for the support.

It sounds a good news!
The concept is similar to previous models that replace hard disk drive.

Genotrom
03-17-2020, 05:51 PM
I believe that the first iSeries have some bad SSDs. In fact in the part list they warn of a change but the code remains the same.

Custom Search