PDA

View Full Version : Biz C3350

Custom Search

copyman
03-13-2020, 05:04 PM
First time I sold one of these small units and customer called and said there is spot of dirt on underside of glass. Didn't see anything in serv manual for removing glass, only the whole top scanner. Is there a way to take just the glass out without removing the complete scanner. Hope scan unit don't have to come off because if you've been doing this as long as I have you know to avoid causing more problems when taking major units apart!

Hopefully someone knows this machine well and can give me the procedure or any short cuts to get to underside of glass.

Thanks in advance!

copyrooks
03-13-2020, 05:28 PM
With this model you're gonna have to replace the scanner belt quite a few times so eventually you'll get use to the process of taking off the doc feeder, and removing just the top part of the scanner unit. From there you can clean the glass from underneath.

copyman
03-13-2020, 09:57 PM
With this model you're gonna have to replace the scanner belt quite a few times so eventually you'll get use to the process of taking off the doc feeder, and removing just the top part of the scanner unit. From there you can clean the glass from underneath.

Thanks for the info. It didn't look too bad to remove was just trying to avoid if at all possible.

Doubt I will be selling anymore of these. I don't get involved with the small units. This was a favor for a good customer.

adecanmin
03-13-2020, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info. It didn't look too bad to remove was just trying to avoid if at all possible.

Doubt I will be selling anymore of these. I don't get involved with the small units. This was a favor for a good customer.

I'm putting a bunch of these in the field. As long as they don't run a ton of prints on them. They work pretty well. The first time i did the scanner belt. I found it a bit tricky, now I can almost do with my eyes closed. Good if I want to avoid the corona virus.

copier tech
03-13-2020, 10:19 PM
I'm putting a bunch of these in the field. As long as they don't run a ton of prints on them. They work pretty well. The first time i did the scanner belt. I found it a bit tricky, now I can almost do with my eyes closed. Good if I want to avoid the corona virus.

Avoid the C3350 go fo the C3351 series a later modified model a lot better CE mode etc.

adecanmin
03-13-2020, 10:23 PM
Good Advise. I've been selling the 3850fs. Probably another year I'll jump to the 3851fs. Is this a Muratec machine?

femaster
03-14-2020, 12:37 AM
Good Advise. I've been selling the 3850fs. Probably another year I'll jump to the 3851fs. Is this a Muratec machine?

Curious if you've had any finisher issues with the ones you've sold? Personally, I'd avoid ANY of the fs models.

The company I work for has 3 of these out in the field, and the built-in finisher has been nothing but a problem in all of them. Constantly setting service codes (don't remember what they are off the top of my head as thankfully haven't personally had to deal with these machines), and from what I hear the finishers are a bear to get out of the machine to service.

One of the machines was such a problem, that Konica actually sent us a replacement finisher at no charge. I'm pretty sure it was a refurbished unit, but even the replacement has since started to have problems. Of the 3 we have out there, we've just gone in and disabled the finisher on 2 of them, and have just told the customer they are going to have to reach inside the area to grab their prints and copies. They are one of the biggest piece of junk I've seen from Konica.

adecanmin
03-14-2020, 01:41 AM
Curious if you've had any finisher issues with the ones you've sold? Personally, I'd avoid ANY of the fs models.

The company I work for has 3 of these out in the field, and the built-in finisher has been nothing but a problem in all of them. Constantly setting service codes (don't remember what they are off the top of my head as thankfully haven't personally had to deal with these machines), and from what I hear the finishers are a bear to get out of the machine to service.

One of the machines was such a problem, that Konica actually sent us a replacement finisher at no charge. I'm pretty sure it was a refurbished unit, but even the replacement has since started to have problems. Of the 3 we have out there, we've just gone in and disabled the finisher on 2 of them, and have just told the customer they are going to have to reach inside the area to grab their prints and copies. They are one of the biggest piece of junk I've seen from Konica.

We have been lucky so far. The finisher comes out pretty easy. take out fuser. There are two screws that are removed. Remove side cover. Two screws there. Take off tray where copies go, remove harness. Slide unit to the left to remove.It is harder to install. I have had three issues so far. One is the rail squeak. Another would not staple correctly. I had to replace that one. The last was jamming in finisher. Checked finisher connections and that took care of the issue. Without question it is not one of Konica's better machines but color quality is good and I can sell them cheaply. I can always up sell the customer with a better machine if they get aggravated with that model. So far I have not had to do that.

femaster
03-14-2020, 02:27 AM
We have been lucky so far. The finisher comes out pretty easy. take out fuser. There are two screws that are removed. Remove side cover. Two screws there. Take off tray where copies go, remove harness. Slide unit to the left to remove.It is harder to install. I have had three issues so far. One is the rail squeak. Another would not staple correctly. I had to replace that one. The last was jamming in finisher. Checked finisher connections and that took care of the issue. Without question it is not one of Konica's better machines but color quality is good and I can sell them cheaply. I can always up sell the customer with a better machine if they get aggravated with that model. So far I have not had to do that.

Thanks for your insight. Maybe it was the installation potion of the repair that the other tech was referring to. All I know is that he had told me that it was terrible to deal with. I'm VERY glad that I have not had to deal with any of them yet, and frankly, I hope it stays that way.

adecanmin
03-14-2020, 02:41 AM
I guess our perspective is different. We have been working on wonderful (sarcastic) old Minoltas before they merged. Such as the EP510, EP530,EP310, EP300, EP320, EP450z, EP650z, EP5000, EP4050, Di 350, DI 351, Di470, cf2002, Bizhub 350, Bizhub c250,c300 c353. The C360 was a good machine. As well as those that followed. So for us the c3850fs is not so bad.http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.png

femaster
03-14-2020, 03:15 AM
Yeah, definitely a bit different perspective. I've never seen a straight Minolta unit personally, those are before my time. I have lots of experience with the Bizhub 200/250/350, Bizhub c203/c253/c353, and the C220/C280/C360 from your list, as well as just about everything in between, large and small models alike. I have a fair bit of experience with the bizhub 70XX and 72XX, etc. machines as well, but that is about as far back as I go. I have worked on a Konica 2125 a few times, but that is basically a one-off machine of that age.

allan
03-14-2020, 03:19 AM
I guess our perspective is different. We have been working on wonderful (sarcastic) old Minoltas before they merged. Such as the EP510, EP530,EP310, EP300, EP320, EP450z, EP650z, EP5000, EP4050, Di 350, DI 351, Di470, cf2002, Bizhub 350, Bizhub c250,c300 c353. The C360 was a good machine. As well as those that followed. So for us the c3850fs is not so bad.http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.png

Like them from the first time i unboxed one.
Tiniest full dual tandem engine. Don't care for the scanner to much.
At least they changed the exposure to LED from the C35.

copyman
03-14-2020, 04:40 AM
Thanks guys for hijacking my thread. Lol

allan
03-14-2020, 05:02 AM
My bad sorry.

adecanmin
03-14-2020, 05:11 AM
sorry

copyman
03-14-2020, 05:21 AM
sorry

Hey guys. was just kidding. some good info being shared. no worries that kind of stuff don't bother me. I got the answer to my original question. All good!

Custom Search