PDA

View Full Version : Konica c364 black copy washed out

Custom Search

DOE
03-17-2020, 07:46 PM
Have a Konica c364 that when you make a black copie it is washed out looking can't read it. Color copies and single colors are fine except for black. I installed new black drum unit and clean slate glass under it with tool in door and it did not make any difference. I don't have a service manual for this copier so if I need to get in service mode can someone tell me how to get into it. When I get into utilities there are no check details to move on to the next step. Thanks in advance for any ideas Thank

WLIT
03-17-2020, 09:59 PM
Doe,

Check your developer to see if it is depleted or empty. This can happen if the transfer belt assembly is neglected and used too far past its rated life of about 300K. Replace the developer and/or transfer belt assembly if they are needed. Then you should run Auto Gradation which can be found under Utility>Admin>System>Expert Adjust>Auto Gradation. The default Admin password is 1234567812345678.

copyman
03-17-2020, 10:57 PM
It's actually more common for the overlife drum shorting out than transfer belt. As posted here many times, ANY overlife drum can cause ANY developer to dump. Start by replacing the K drum & developer unit and that will be all you need.

I personally have seen this at least 30 times with the "4" series models I service and it's always been the drum being overlife. This is the price paid by turning off the end of life messages. Still think it's worth turning off messages with the money saved getting extended life out of drums. Especially knowing the tricks by using the K drums & developer units for any color.

Also if you make a small contribution to keep this site going someone will send you the service manual, if not I will send it. You really don't need the serv manual for what you describe. Again the black dev dumped. Replace both black drum & dev units and they will self calibrate.

allan
03-18-2020, 12:43 AM
It's actually more common for the overlife drum shorting out than transfer belt. As posted here many times, ANY overlife drum can cause ANY developer to dump. Start by replacing the K drum & developer unit and that will be all you need.

I personally have seen this at least 30 times with the "4" series models I service and it's always been the drum being overlife. This is the price paid by turning off the end of life messages. Still think it's worth turning off messages with the money saved getting extended life out of drums. Especially knowing the tricks by using the K drums & developer units for any color.

Also if you make a small contribution to keep this site going someone will send you the service manual, if not I will send it. You really don't need the serv manual for what you describe. Again the black dev dumped. Replace both black drum & dev units and they will self calibrate.

If you keep a close eye on your machines letting them run over the yield is very much worth it.
Adding developer is when this happens is possible. Found that the grid corrodes on the start pulling the developer.
Or just empties the toner into the waste box.
This is much worst closer to the coast.

Profit margins are so slim that we need to resort to tricks.
The sole importer in ZA loads the markup in some cases up to 400% if you walk in to buy parts.
The importing company has branches and then also dealerships, hopeless for me to buy from the branches.
Having good relationships with the dealer helps a lot, but they are not supposed to supply freelance guys like me,
we buy machines from them so that helps.

Sure this is not the case in other countries.

Like you guys mentioned probably low on developer.

Custom Search