PDA

View Full Version : FS-4000 Drum Charge roller issues

Custom Search

HmkPrinterTech
10-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Hallmark is having a rash of charge roller failures on the 4000 printers. I cannot get to KMAConnect to see if this is a known issue, or if there is a way to clean the roller to prevent black horizontal lines on all the printouts.

Can someone please check and see if there is a known issue on these?

Thanks! Jeff.

blackcat4866
10-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I've got a couple dozen out in the field, and have not done anything to them. But maybe I'm just lucky.......

=^..^=

BrickPilot
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Yep
I'm getting heaps on FS-3900's and FS-2000's with this. Not too many FS-4000's sold here, but same thing.

On most I can clean the charge roller and problem is solved. Some get grit particles that if left damage this and/or the drum surface. Kyocera do have a tech note on this fault.

Are these in warm dry and especially dusty conditions?

kyoceradude
10-31-2008, 12:35 PM
We have several hundred in the field and have to clean the rollers, in some cases after about 25k. We atribute it to cheaper paper. We use mild soap and water to clean (of course you take it out to do it and make sure its dry before reinstalling).

HmkPrinterTech
10-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Yep
I'm getting heaps on FS-3900's and FS-2000's with this. Not too many FS-4000's sold here, but same thing.

On most I can clean the charge roller and problem is solved. Some get grit particles that if left damage this and/or the drum surface. Kyocera do have a tech note on this fault.

Are these in warm dry and especially dusty conditions?

Yes, most of these printers are in the Manufacturing plants where the cards are made. Very dusty conditions.

Is it possible that you could send me the pdf on the tech note? or anything else pertaing to this problem?

Also, you said you "clean" the charge roller. How/what do you clean it with?

Thanks for all your help. Jeff.

HmkPrinterTech
10-31-2008, 02:09 PM
We have several hundred in the field and have to clean the rollers, in some cases after about 25k. We atribute it to cheaper paper. We use mild soap and water to clean (of course you take it out to do it and make sure its dry before reinstalling).

Sweet! I was hoping I could somehow clean it instead of just replacing the charge rollers.

Mild soap and water? So I can go in the restroom onsite and use the handsoap to clean it?

BrickPilot
10-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes, most of these printers are in the Manufacturing plants where the cards are made. Very dusty conditions.

Is it possible that you could send me the pdf on the tech note? or anything else pertaing to this problem?

Also, you said you "clean" the charge roller. How/what do you clean it with?

The tech note I mentioned is probably less detailed than what has already been said (warm soapy water). This is fine in the workshop, but can be slow to dry and may even leave a film. In the field, for expediency I'll confess to using Spray n Wipe and clean cotton rag. It's very quick and doesn't seem to have had adverse effects I've noticed in the last couple of years of doing this. 6-10 charge units per hour and definitly don't use alcohol instead.

HmkPrinterTech
10-31-2008, 04:48 PM
The tech note I mentioned is probably less detailed than what has already been said (warm soapy water). This is fine in the workshop, but can be slow to dry and may even leave a film. In the field, for expediency I'll confess to using Spray n Wipe and clean cotton rag. It's very quick and doesn't seem to have had adverse effects I've noticed in the last couple of years of doing this. 6-10 charge units per hour and definitly don't use alcohol instead.

Wow! Spray n Wipe. I think I'll use ocean fresh. :)

Thanks agian! Jeff.

BrickPilot
10-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow! Spray n Wipe. I think I'll use ocean fresh. :)

Thanks agian! Jeff.

No wuckin forries:):):)

Custom Search