PDA

View Full Version : "4" series developer loss

Custom Search

copyman
03-19-2020, 04:24 AM
I know this has been discussed here many times. Seems to be one of the most common issues lately. Hope the attached docs help explain to anyone searching the fourm for this issue.

blazebusiness
03-19-2020, 05:00 PM
I know this has been discussed here many times. Seems to be one of the most common issues lately. Hope the attached docs help explain to anyone searching the fourm for this issue.

Thanks , Good info...in my experience people are trying to make those drums go twice or more of their life to save $$$$....we have been able to avoid most of those issues just by replacing the drum units on time and keeping the inside of the unit clean.

And the 4 series K drums will work in the CMY slots-------and cost next to nothing.

allan
03-19-2020, 05:16 PM
Also agree if its affordable to replace the units. Nice to do on cash calls.

Different animal on contract.

When taking drums over life, take them out make sure the grids are clean and rechip them, that would reset aging compensation.

Thanks for the info. Found the developer getting impacted with toner on low color coverage interesting.
Difficult one to figure out once that happened. Cure make sure color priority in switched on to use toner on the patches.
And funny one ask customer to increase color coverage!

ezzysi
03-19-2020, 05:29 PM
Just returned from a failed Cyan Dev unit on a C284 (We've had loads fail, all but one on the Cyan colour)

Thought I'd have a look on here and bingo, loads of great info to work on.

On a side note, We now fit black Dev units in the colour slot also (approx £45 as opposed to £375 :mad:). Just need to swap connector panel over on the underside of unit and run some Cyan sky shots to pump toner through. Hopefully this helps someone.

Custom Search