PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-360, magenta streaks

Custom Search

Hansoon
03-19-2020, 05:30 PM
Machine makes occasionally magenta colored streaks. Doing this with copying and also printing. In a printjob of 3 pages one page might have such a streak always similar in apperance and at almost the same spot in the print. This happens quite occasionally but is still irritant and the customer demands a solution.

Based on the appearance of the streak my guts are telling me that is has something to do with the magenta drum charge. Feeding is long side first, what do you guys think?
See attachment

Hans

copyman
03-19-2020, 06:04 PM
Agree with you. Looks like the mag drum needs to be replaced. (or a cheaper K drum with color chip)

tsbservice
03-19-2020, 06:33 PM
Hans, easy peasy lemon squeezy. Swap M drum with C or Y drum and you will know :D

allan
03-19-2020, 06:49 PM
Will not rule out intermittent blade failure or crap on the mag roller.

That mark looks solid and a bit wide for a charge leak, charge leaks tend to be thinner and walk around just a bit in the are of the grid with the crap on it.

These units are easy to take apart and check. Righty loosy on the drum drive nut..

Over life?

Your customer can do the old switcheroo on the drums if you are not close or have not been on site yet.

tsbservice
03-19-2020, 07:01 PM
Offtopic

Your customer can do the old switcheroo on the drums if you are not close or have not been on site yet.

switcheroo, hi-hi :cool::D
Kinda beet me with my own hand, thumbs up!

allan
03-19-2020, 08:34 PM
Something odd about that mark. What side does the machine read the magenta patches far or near end.
Wondering if it lines up with an ID sensor.

Could be happening right after stabilization?
No can't be. Should then be consistent failure with grey color...

Toxic
03-19-2020, 10:40 PM
Looks like drum cleaning blade M failure to me.
Transfer belt blade problem may look similar but with some indefinite color.

blackcat4866
03-19-2020, 11:00 PM
Looks like drum cleaning blade M failure to me.
Transfer belt blade problem may look similar but with some indefinite color.

That's my vote. You might find some foreign matter, like a bit of label under the magenta drum blade. =^..^=

tsbservice
03-19-2020, 11:15 PM
Hans, easy peasy lemon squeezy. Swap M drum with C or Y drum and you will know :D

To quote myself, I'm not convinced it's M drum unit failed, just saying a quick test won't harm.
If it is drum unit, it will never be the same place of the paper. Also mark is solid and well shaped.
Kinda strange one folks, dont you think? I have to rethink it tomorrow.

Toxic
03-19-2020, 11:32 PM
Tsb,no need to justify yourself.
Nobody here can not be 100% sure about some personal statements ,we are here to express opinions about some problem based on experience and theory.
Sometimes same symptoms can be caused by several different things, etc...
Your advice is very good to swap drums and i would do that first.

copier addict
03-19-2020, 11:41 PM
Is this a colour print or grey scale? If grey scale, colour drums should not be engaged during print process unless it isn't set to black ready in soft switch 50 bit setting 00000001. Check the transfer belt.
If this is a colour print please disregard this.

copyman
03-20-2020, 01:04 AM
Tsb,no need to justify yourself.
Nobody here can not be 100% sure about some personal statements ,we are here to express opinions about some problem based on experience and theory.
Sometimes same symptoms can be caused by several different things, etc...
Your advice is very good to swap drums and i would do that first.

Agree only opinions can be offered. Way too much time spent on something very simple. It's a bad Mag drum any way you spin it. Depending on how intermittent it is like the other poster said swap with another color drum and if the color of mark changes you confirmed. Personally I would take a new K drum, swap with a color chip, replace the magenta and walk out the door.

Custom Search