PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C3350i with C40A6 erors

Custom Search

blackcat4866
03-21-2020, 01:09 AM
The manual reads CPU PWB to Base B PWB communication errors. The C40A6 errors started after a service visit to install a PF-P21 extra tray, and setting up V-Care.

I unplugged the extra tray, but that doesn't help. On plain paper it errors out ~ on every 8th copy. On vinyl labels it errors out almost every time. The media type setting doesn't make a difference.

And yes, I know vinyl labels are not an approved media, but I'm through fighting that battle. They've destroyed fusers on the previous C3110's and will continue to do so on the C3350i's.

If firmware doesn't help, I plan to shut off V-Care temporarily.

Has anyone seen these errors? Am I on the right track? =^..^=

allan
03-21-2020, 01:26 AM
Don't know this PF-P21 does it have its own logic?
Does it still show the tray after you unplug it?

Get firmware first.

blackcat4866
03-21-2020, 01:35 AM
Nope. The PF-P21 has only a connector board.

The tray does not show on the screen when it's unplugged.

It's currently at G00-45. I downloaded G00-7B for Monday. I seem to remember reading somewhere here that G00-45 was notably buggy. =^..^=

Synthohol
03-21-2020, 03:45 AM
disable marketplace before updating the FW.

allan
03-21-2020, 07:18 AM
If firmware does not change the situation, have a tug on the board connectors.
Could be coincidental.

Think there could have been some short on the PF?

tsbservice
03-21-2020, 09:38 AM
1. Update to 7B, it's highly recommended from KM(just mention what Synt said about marketplace shit).
2. I suspect vcare glitch with or without FW 45. In case 7B won't resolve code remove vcare, exactly like you planned 👍

blackcat4866
03-22-2020, 01:31 AM
1. Update to 7B, it's highly recommended from KM(just mention what Synt said about marketplace shit).
2. I suspect vcare glitch with or without FW 45. In case 7B won't resolve code remove vcare, exactly like you planned 👍

That's the plan. I'll update this thread Monday. =^..^=

blackcat4866
03-24-2020, 01:07 AM
If any improvement, very slight:

These are the items I did today:
removed Marketplace.
updated firmware from G00-45 to G00-7B, and set DIPSW 25 to 10.
disabled V-Care.
reseated CPUB on the BaseB, and reseated all connectors on the BaseB.

There were no obvious flaws in the connections, pinched wires, etc.
I noticed that the machine uses a solid state drive on the CPUB, possible cause??

Were I to throw parts at it, I think that I would start with the CPUB. But since we're slow, I'll have the trained guy make the call to KM, to see what they think.
=^..^=

tsbservice
03-24-2020, 10:24 AM
Again agree with you on CPUB. Meantime I will do full self-diag, do storage logical format, maybe Clear All Data.

Also may check F15E ICP on base board.

blackcat4866
04-06-2020, 11:55 PM
Apparently KM hotline also agrees with the CPUB. This call has found it's way back to me with the board. We'll see what happens. =^..^=

Albonline
04-07-2020, 01:47 PM
Apparently KM hotline also agrees with the CPUB. This call has found it's way back to me with the board. We'll see what happens. =^..^=

make certain that cpub board is not a used one. it will kill your base board if it is.

blackcat4866
04-08-2020, 12:16 AM
make certain that cpub board is not a used one. it will kill your base board if it is.

Good to know, thanks. =^..^=

blackcat4866
04-27-2020, 11:59 PM
Update:
Finally got the CPUB. The manual warns about swapping in used parts or changing both CPUB and Storage Board at the same time. It installed like the manual suggested, but no change. It defaulted back to "Internal error auto cancel" to ON (#2 & #3). When I turned it back OFF I see the C-40A6 error. After 10 attempts I got only the first page of the counter report.

I noticed that the Memory Type default in the manual is microSD ... so I changed from Storage to microSD just for kicks, but it immediately errors out C-D073.

Also I ran the memory tests. All were successful except "memory_PRT". Most times it did nothing. After a couple of re-boots it came up OK, OK. I interpret this to mean that the BaseB cannot always access the print memory ... perhaps the source of the errors.

So I've ordered the BaseB. That's where we're at so far. =^..^=

Oystercopy
04-28-2020, 11:02 PM
Although not directly related to this error, I went out to my only C-3350i today for a different problem, but the machine was not recognizing the (installed) Tray 2 option... It too is at level -45 F/W so I'm wondering how buggy it really is...I'm going to go back and upgrade it, but I hope I don't have to do a complete re-Initialization, which will erase a lot of the customer settings. You know, the thing that comes to mind most about this, is how much the sales rep (from Konica or Muratec, whichever it was) was SO HAPPY that these new machines were MADE BY Konica Minolta, and not from whatever 3rd party company that made the C-3350/350 series for them... sheesh... I love how the salespeople can just BELIEVE what they're told, even though they have no clue what its like on the front lines/in the field the way a tech is! Nor anything about the technology behind the machine, whatsoever! Just about every time (over the course of 40 years) that I've been told by a salesperson that this new machine is "fantastic" and it turned to be a pig/lemon, I wish I had a dime... I'd be RICH....
OC

blackcat4866
05-16-2020, 02:42 PM
I finally got an opportunity to follow up on this machine. The BaseB did not solve the issue.

I don't understand what else it could be. The error is a communication error between the CPUB and the BaseB. The CPUB nests right on top of the BaseB, so there is no harness, no additional connectors that haven't been replaced.

I gave some brief thought to the storage memory, but it passes all the memory tests and the Full Diagnostics.

I'm passing this one back to the salesman. With only 3000 total prints we should be able to RA this buggy POS. =^..^=

tsbservice
05-17-2020, 07:45 PM
Feel sorry to hear that BC. Anyway Thanks for the ending of thread.

El Papa
04-20-2022, 05:21 PM
Hi All

Can I jump in on this one. We had same issue today with a Error - C40A6 and fault was caused by a short on the RFID chip of the black toner cartridge. Worth also checking contact pins to see if bent and causing short bringing down 3.3v line.

tsbservice
04-20-2022, 05:46 PM
Hi All

Can I jump in on this one. We had same issue today with a Error - C40A6 and fault was caused by a short on the RFID chip of the black toner cartridge. Worth also checking contact pins to see if bent and causing short bringing down 3.3v line.

Excellent finding. Did you have to replace any board?

El Papa
04-20-2022, 08:14 PM
No board replacement. 👍

tsbservice
04-20-2022, 08:36 PM
No board replacement. 👍

You got lucky then :)

blackcat4866
04-20-2022, 08:45 PM
Congratulations on your success! =^..^=

Custom Search