copier tech
03-21-2020, 04:05 PM
A lot of posts about this.

See attached. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the DIP SW.

tsbservice
03-21-2020, 04:26 PM
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the DIP SW.

This DIP SW only applies to certain part numbers MFPBs, not all is my understanding.

ivovb
03-27-2020, 04:01 PM
Thank You for information, but... it is not absolutelly true. Ass usually KM does not provide the whole info...

I have already managed to exchange an MFP board from one machine to another. Allmost one year working fine. No issues.

Procedure is different when old MFPB is used instead of new. After exchanging the boards first step is to use beloved ressssset tool. And latest firmware after that. Thats it (if I remmeber well).

BR

copyman
03-27-2020, 05:45 PM
Thank You for information, but... it is not absolutelly true. Ass usually KM does not provide the whole info...

I have already managed to exchange an MFP board from one machine to another. Allmost one year working fine. No issues.

Procedure is different when old MFPB is used instead of new. After exchanging the boards first step is to use beloved ressssset tool. And latest firmware after that. Thats it (if I remmeber well).

BR

Of course they want to sell you a new board. You can swap one board at a time for troubleshooting purposes and I have also swap the MFP board and left in machine but always used the SSD from the original machine with bad board and had no issues.

The most important thing is not to swap both MFP, PRCB or even the SSD boards at same time. This is where it can get tricky

ivovb
03-27-2020, 06:23 PM
Of course they want to sell you a new board.

Exactly. I've just save it for a moment... ;-)

BR

tsbservice
03-27-2020, 06:53 PM

BR

What about machine counter. Did the counter follow donnor MFPB. In example - machine A dead(counter 1000), replace MFPB from machine B(counter 2000), machine A is now working but counter become 2000.

ivovb
03-27-2020, 10:21 PM
What about machine counter. Did the counter follow donnor MFPB. In example - machine A dead(counter 1000), replace MFPB from machine B(counter 2000), machine A is now working but counter become 2000.

SSD has leading part - so we get finally 1000.

BR

copyman
03-27-2020, 11:52 PM
I believe the total counters & serial numbers are kept several different places on K/M copiers, MFB, SSD,Control panel pwb and maybe one more place. Think Blackcat posted this as well.

Like I posted I've swapped MFP board successfully a few times, if I recall the counters did NOT carry over and still had the original counters including the life counters from machine that needed the MFP pwb.

Custom Search