PDA

View Full Version : Using Reset Tool

Custom Search

copyman
03-21-2020, 04:36 PM
Another common question asked here a lot lately. See attached. Hope this helps.

* THIS PROCEDURE SHOULD ONLY BE DONE BY A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN THAT HAS THE RESET TOOL FIRMWARE! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

tsbservice
03-21-2020, 10:04 PM
Oh man, honestly that is not going to end well with most of endusers, even some scums.
I think that sharing info like this in open space(not techs only!) is not good long-term.
Get these back for the time when projected new-techs-only access site is up and running.
I will be more than happy to help with such fellow techs.
WARNING: Use the tool as a last resort ONLY! This procedure must not be performed
unless authorized by a DSM or Contact Support Center adviser. If troubleshooting is not
done correctly, it may result in the loss of MFP information and setting data.

copyman
03-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Oh man, honestly that is not going to end well with most of endusers, even some scums.
I think that sharing info like this in open space(not techs only!) is not good long-term.
Get these back for the time when projected new-techs-only access site is up and running.
I will be more than happy to help with such fellow techs.
WARNING: Use the tool as a last resort ONLY! This procedure must not be performed
unless authorized by a DSM or Contact Support Center adviser. If troubleshooting is not
done correctly, it may result in the loss of MFP information and setting data.

Your missing something, they still need the most important part, the firmware tool which personally I would only send to another tech. I've voiced my opinion many times about NOT sharing firmware with end users. This was intended for those who ask for the reset tool but don't have the instructions. More harm could be done that way. Even though at bottom of the PDF attached it may show link to the F/W tool but it won't open. You have to be a dealer to get it! Come on man I'm smarter than that! Give me some credit.

* I hope the disclaimer I added to original post meets your approval

tsbservice
03-21-2020, 10:35 PM
Yes, that is better.
If I was in your shoes and want to share these TB with fellow techs I would create a zip file containing them and post here only the titles of tech bulletins. Then upon request from established members or known techs or if you wish even contributors(being techs or not) send the link to the file.

copyman
03-21-2020, 10:52 PM
Yes, that is better.
If I was in your shoes and want to share these TB with fellow techs I would create a zip file containing them and post here only the titles of tech bulletins. Then upon request from established members or known techs or if you wish even contributors(being techs or not) send the link to the file.

I see your point. The new website under construction will have it in the FTP section (gives my nephew and college classmates who are building it something more to do since they are confined to their homes and bored, lol) The FTP will have a separate password for a select few. Same way it was at Techsconnected.

It's going to be similar to the techsconnected footprint. Just imagine all the top techs in the world helping each other without the nonsense! Also one mention of politics and get a warning, 2nd time the boot! This CTN forum can turn into politics only!

By the way you are one of the tech's I had in mind to be a Mod. As well as a few others here if they want it.

Stay tuned!!!

Custom Search