PDA

View Full Version : 958 ADF lid not closing securely

Custom Search

rrrohan
03-25-2020, 05:30 AM
Anyone have the 958/C658 ADF not holding the Left panel assy door closed enough?

it works find if you push down on it so the gears mesh better.

The shaft the lids hook holds onto is part of the frame so ive had to bend it down more so when the hook latches on it its meshing the gears more firmly together.

is there a bulletin for this that i missed?

allan
03-25-2020, 06:19 AM
Anyone have the 958/C658 ADF not holding the Left panel assy door closed enough?

it works find if you push down on it so the gears mesh better.

The shaft the lids hook holds onto is part of the frame so ive had to bend it down more so when the hook latches on it its meshing the gears more firmly together.

is there a bulletin for this that i missed?

Had the same problem, did he same thing.

blackcat4866
03-25-2020, 03:14 PM
Have you ever seen an e Studio 287cs? It's an Okidata rebadged as a Toshiba.

Same deal with the DF (E779). You can hear the gears that drive the pickup in the cover disengaging. On the Oki there are a couple of different approaches:

-There's a new style inner cover that has a 50/50 chance of solving your issue.
-I usually oval out the holes where the inner cover attaches to the outer, then shift the inner cover over, for better gear engagement. 100% success with that.
-Most endusers that have this model figure out that if you put a ream or two of paper on top of the DF cover it feeds.

Now I'll be interested to look at the 958 DF. =^..^=

rrrohan
03-25-2020, 03:48 PM
-Most endusers that have this model figure out that if you put a ream or two of paper on top of the DF cover it feeds

i want your savvy customers.

mine change toner instead of drums lol

EarthKmTech
03-26-2020, 11:28 AM
common problem and your fix IS the fix.

If people pull up on the door while moving the machine or trying to open it without unlocking this is the result.

saw this and videoed it on one of the first 958's sold in the state

rrrohan
03-26-2020, 04:21 PM
Yeah I remember, just thought they would of released a modified hook or something by now.

They can't do much to the pin as it's welded on but changing the hooks seems like the best option.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Custom Search