PDA

View Full Version : Konica c364e no servicer is registered contact your administrator

Custom Search

Alex1
03-30-2020, 12:54 AM
I have a Konica C364e I'm trying to remove this no servicer is registered contact your administrator. I installed a new HDD. Any ideas on how to wipe this message to begin use?

rrrohan
03-30-2020, 02:38 AM
no servicer? you mean movie data?

Synthohol
03-30-2020, 03:33 AM
i sent him a link to movie data.

Alex1
03-30-2020, 03:57 AM
no servicer? you mean movie data?

No not movie data. These have a key tag on the side of them and they are trying to connect to a external server

Alex1
03-30-2020, 03:59 AM
i sent him a link to movie data.

Thank you so much for the movie data but it's not a movie data I need. Tgses came out of a defense force and HDD have been removed and they have key tag pass connected via usb on the machine and I'm trying to remove it.

copyman
03-30-2020, 04:52 AM
Thank you so much for the movie data but it's not a movie data I need. Tgses came out of a defense force and HDD have been removed and they have key tag pass connected via usb on the machine and I'm trying to remove it.

Think he means it was in defence dept and had authenication cards. You should be able to turn off in admin mode "authenication off" or if not showing because of higer security than you will have to go into enhanced security mode and turn off. PM me if you don't know how to get into security mode. Don't want to post it in public.

rrrohan
03-30-2020, 07:10 AM
doesnt the A.D.F use security kits as well?

never had to deal with these as none of our customers can justify it but im told it complicates things like replacing Hard drives.

Alex1
03-30-2020, 07:48 AM
Think he means it was in defence dept and had authenication cards. You should be able to turn off in admin mode "authenication off" or if not showing because of higer security than you will have to go into enhanced security mode and turn off. PM me if you don't know how to get into security mode. Don't want to post it in public.

Yes correct was in the defense dept and has authenticated card reader. Anyhow I thought I checked the authentication mode and it was off. I'll check again. However I know how to get into CE mode but don't know where to go to remove authentication settings if I needed to.

rrrohan
03-30-2020, 07:53 AM
In service mode press stop 9

It will be called authentication device justake sure it on unset

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Alex1
03-30-2020, 08:48 AM

Everything looks off. Even just to go in to utility it asks for a administrator password which is the default and to go in to administrator settings again you need password as usual. 1 touch userbox registration us grayed out

Alex1
03-30-2020, 10:05 AM

Ok. I see what's happens under authentication setting like you said the tab has been removed so if I go to user authentication/ account track, then go into General settings there's usully a user authentication tab you can select and turn off however the tab has been removed. Is there anyway of bringing that tab back up?

emujo2
03-30-2020, 01:38 PM
If it came from a government location there is a a good chance it is still setup for CAC/PIV..This is designed so that once enabled it cannot be turned off or bypassed. This is accomplished through soft switch settings. You will need to set soft switch 12 and 41 back to their defaults, and with the C364e, you may need to remove any special f/w that supports CAC/PIV..later machines did not need special f/w. Then you need to unset the card reader is service mode and remove the LDD that supports it. E

copyman
03-30-2020, 01:39 PM
As my original post stated I figured you were talking about authencation mode. Had this same thing a while back and think it was a softswitch had to be changed.

Check switch # 12 and make all 0's

Alex1
03-30-2020, 01:44 PM
If it came from a government location there is a a good chance it is still setup for CAC/PIV..This is desisged so that once enabled it cannot be turned off or bypassed. This is accomplished through soft switch settings. You will need to set soft switch 12 and 41 back to their defaults, and with the C364e, you may need to remove any special f/w that supports CAC/PIV..later machines did not need special f/w. Then you need to unset the card reader is service mode and remove the LDD that supports it. E

Thank you for your reply. I have never set the soft switch on these. Can you please point on where it's located in CE mode?

emujo2
03-30-2020, 01:50 PM
I would hope that no one will give you the instructions for how to get into service mode..If you are a tech, you should already know, if you are an end user you can really screw your machine up, and if you are someone just trying to figure out how to bypass security requirements for your own needs, then I don't want to be the one that helps you..And since you ask about CE mode, then I'm assumng you are not a tech. E

tsbservice
03-30-2020, 02:13 PM
Thank you for your reply. I have never set the soft switch on these. Can you please point on where it's located in CE mode?
Are you implying that you work on this model without having Service manual? This is a bad, bad idea in any therms. It's all your questions right there in SM.
I assume you're tech. But without manuals and proper training you're not far from enduser here. There is manuals section here, if you need one may ask there.

copyman
03-30-2020, 02:19 PM
Are you implying that you work on this model without having Service manual? This is a bad, bad idea in any therms. It's all your questions right there in SM.
I assume you're tech. But without manuals and proper training you're not far from enduser here. There is manuals section here, if you need one may ask there.

I agree. This is where it ends for me. You have been given some great support here, including the password to get into security mode! You will need a service manual to proceed. Change software switches as suggested. Actually if you don't know what a softswitch is you shouldn't be working on copiers! Call a "qualified" technician!

Sorry if I offended you. Nothing else we can do here, even for a contributer!

I have a feeling I know what's coming next "does anyone have the service manual they can send to me"

Best of luck

Alex1
03-30-2020, 07:59 PM
I would hope that no one will give you the instructions for how to get into service mode..If you are a tech, you should already know, if you are an end user you can really screw your machine up, and if you are someone just trying to figure out how to bypass security requirements for your own needs, then I don't want to be the one that helps you..And since you ask about CE mode, then I'm assumng you are not a tech. E

I am a tech, this machine came out of a defense force with no HDD, I installed a new HDD done a physical and logical format and updated firmware. I am stuck in this position of the user authentication been removed on the display because of a soft switch I haven't done before. Surely you can't judge me on not being a tech because I call it CE mode. That's how many times I've seen CE mode logging in to service mode I got used to calling it CE mode.

Alex1
03-30-2020, 08:03 PM
I agree. This is where it ends for me. You have been given some great support here, including the password to get into security mode! You will need a service manual to proceed. Change software switches as suggested. Actually if you don't know what a softswitch is you shouldn't be working on copiers! Call a "qualified" technician!

Sorry if I offended you. Nothing else we can do here, even for a contributer!

I have a feeling I know what's coming next "does anyone have the service manual they can send to me"

Best of luck

Thank you for your help and yes I do have a service manual. I will go through that to look up the soft switch. I was just trying to save my self some time on this. Thanks again I appreciate it.

emujo2
03-30-2020, 08:20 PM
If it's CAC/PIV, then we did save you some time..Without really trying to offend you, are you a re seller of wholesale machines? Were these AS IS, or did you ask if they were all operational..And BTW since you said CE, most of us just naturally went to "non trained tech, can't get past CE password" Be the same as if I called my dealer and said please send me the instructions for rebuilding my transmission..(although you could probably find the info on Google). E

Alex1
03-30-2020, 09:45 PM
If it's CAC/PIV, then we did save you some time..Without really trying to offend you, are you a re seller of wholesale machines? Were these AS IS, or did you ask if they were all operational..And BTW since you said CE, most of us just naturally went to "non trained tech, can't get past CE password" Be the same as if I called my dealer and said please send me the instructions for rebuilding my transmission..(although you could probably find the info on Google). E

No I got called out to a customer that has this machine on site as they purchased it from the defense force and this is what issues I have come across. The user authentication being one of them and now the OCR Dictionary and the PDF / A Font problem too. I'm just trying to get the customer up and running.

copyman
03-30-2020, 11:31 PM
Thank you for your help and yes I do have a service manual. I will go through that to look up the soft switch. I was just trying to save my self some time on this. Thanks again I appreciate it.

Wait let me get this right you want to save time but it's ok for us to waste our time trying to explain the soft switch procedure. How it usually works is a tech spends hours, trying everything possible, studying the service manual, searching bulletins, knowledge base (if dealer access) google, etc, then if still issue they post here explaining everything they did. It works much easier if done this way instead of going at it backwards. Does this make sense?

By the way, Did you initialize the machine in "CE" mode? that should clear all the settings OCR, etc

And as mentioned earlier changing the soft switches will allow the tab to appear so you can disable authenication mode.

On another note, it's ok to click thanks at bottom of replies for the great advice you received here.

Alex1
03-30-2020, 11:50 PM
Wait let me get this right you want to save time but it's ok for us to waste our time trying to explain the soft switch procedure. How it usually works is a tech spends hours, trying everything possible, studying the service manual, searching bulletins, knowledge base (if dealer access) google, etc, then if still issue they post here explaining everything they did. It works much easier if done this way instead of going at it backwards. Does this make sense?

By the way, Did you initialize the machine in "CE" mode? that should clear all the settings OCR, etc

And as mentioned earlier changing the soft switches will allow the tab to appear so you can disable authenication mode.

On another note, it's ok to click thanks at bottom of replies for the great advice you received here.

No I don't expect anyone to waste hours let alone minutes however if it's something they are aware of because they have countered this problem before then it will be nice to help it's not a must. That's my nature I like to help others when ever I can.

Yes I did initialize the machine in (CE- Service) mode I cleared all data and reinstalled movie data. As soon as you go back into service mode and install hdd the errors of OCR and PDF/A come back up.

As for the likes I usually keep everything at the end to do, sorry it's the last thing on my mind when I'm in site trying to resolve this issue.

copyman
03-31-2020, 12:08 AM
No I don't expect anyone to waste hours let alone minutes however if it's something they are aware of because they have countered this problem before then it will be nice to help it's not a must. That's my nature I like to help others when ever I can.

Yes I did initialize the machine in (CE- Service) mode I cleared all data and reinstalled movie data. As soon as you go back into service mode and install hdd the errors of OCR and PDF/A come back up.

As for the likes I usually keep everything at the end to do, sorry it's the last thing on my mind when I'm in site trying to resolve this issue.

Sorry you don't see my point. If you read "most" of my posts you will see my nature is to help people on this forum. But it comes to a point that's all that can be done.

Just a suggestion, you could post if the soft switches fixed the original problem? Then start a new thread with the OCR / PDF message you are getting.

This will definitely be my last post. No sense even reading anymore because it feels like nothing is getting accomplished!

Alex1
03-31-2020, 12:18 AM
Sorry you don't see my point. If you read "most" of my posts you will see my nature is to help people on this forum. But it comes to a point that's all that can be done.

Just a suggestion, you could post if the soft switches fixed the original problem? Then start a new thread with the OCR / PDF message you are getting.

This will definitely be my last post. No sense even reading anymore because it feels like nothing is getting accomplished!

Yes the soft switch has been fixed thank you for your help. The machine seems to be in full operation the only thing left is the OCR and PDF issue.

Whether you do continue to read or not thanks for your help.

emujo2
03-31-2020, 02:11 PM
You should only be getting these messages if the PDF seachable LK or similar was installed. The data that these LK use is on the HDD. if you format or replace the HDD then you must re upload the OCR dictionary or font data. You can also use the KM LMS system to remove these features if they are not required. I don't understand how anyone that is not a specific dealer would by equipment they are not licensed to work on..There is just so much going on in these things today..and yours is a little older.. CAC/PIV, LK kits, HDD pulled. Hope you have learned a lesson. E

Custom Search