PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub i series tip

Custom Search

tsbservice
03-31-2020, 10:23 AM
All folks here know how stupid is to fool yourself.
Nonetheless it happened to me 2 times in last months to try to enter CE mode on bizhub C250i and cannot.
The reason was that in all my stupidity I was left PSWC logged in Administrator mode.
Draw a lesson and save some minutes next time you cannot enter in CE password screen, check for PSWC session logged in Admin mode. If so logout and try again.

blackcat4866
03-31-2020, 02:44 PM
I've done it plenty of times myself. =^..^=

emujo2
03-31-2020, 05:48 PM
Another thing I hate about the 8 sereis and newer..If you are in PSWC admin the users can still walk up and use the machine..Nothing like spending several min configuring the device only to find out that "unable to process due to active job". Not bad if it's a couple of pages, but I have had users run 50 page faxes through..Now your stuck for 40 min..E

srvctec
03-31-2020, 07:21 PM
Another thing I hate about the 8 sereis and newer..If you are in PSWC admin the users can still walk up and use the machine..Nothing like spending several min configuring the device only to find out that "unable to process due to active job". Not bad if it's a couple of pages, but I have had users run 50 page faxes through..Now your stuck for 40 min..E

This is exactly why the very first thing I do on a service call is to disconnect the fax and network cables. The only time I won't do that is if I'm only servicing the ADF. They can still print and receive faxes while I'm working on that without causing an issue.

tsbservice
03-31-2020, 07:44 PM
This is exactly why the very first thing I do on a service call is to disconnect the fax and network cables. The only time I won't do that is if I'm only servicing the ADF. They can still print and receive faxes while I'm working on that without causing an issue.

Good point 👍

Custom Search