PDA

View Full Version : copystar 406ci firmware

Custom Search

dalewb74
03-31-2020, 03:10 PM
i have always been told copystar was just kyocera with a different logo on the box. i was a kyocera tech back in the day. we recently purchased the dealership where i used to work. my question is will the kyocera 406ci firmware work the same for the copystar 406ci? i have never really had hands on with the copystar. and i know you always need the correct firmware for the model machine you are working on. and i know how to install the firmware. i logged into my kyocera account as tech. and did a google search for the copystar 406ci firmware. which brought up a page for copystar that looks identical to the kyocera page for product downloads. but on the copystar page i am not seeing firmware listed anywhere. am i maybe just overlooking it? if the kyocera 406ci firmware is the same as the copystar 406ci then i can download the kyocera version. i just don't want to install the incorrect firmware. thanks for your input.

GIUBOSS
03-31-2020, 03:57 PM
with the firmware there should be no problems, they are fine for example also on Utax, only the toners must be brand specific

blackcat4866
03-31-2020, 05:18 PM
The firmware will work fine. The brand is defined under Destination. If you don't change it, it will remain a Copystar, Kyocera, Utax, Gestetner, Monroe, or whatever other brands Kyoceras appear as. =^..^=

dalewb74
03-31-2020, 09:13 PM
that's exactly what i thought. just wanted clarification. i did install the kyocera firmware onto the copystar with no issues. thanks everyone for the input.

Custom Search