PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BizHub C659- issues with a certain custom document size

Custom Search

BCE75
04-01-2020, 07:30 PM
I am trying to print custom invitations from our BizHub copier and I keep having issues. I have designed the invitation in Adobe Illustrator. The size is 5.75 x 8.75. I am printing these on card stock and am using the bypass tray. In the past, whenever I have printed a custom size document, the copier will take the artboard size from Illustrator and set the document size to custom. The copier will display the required paper size on the screen. I load the bypass tray with the correct paper size and it prints fine. This time however, it is not cooperating. First, it shows that I need paper sized at 5.5 x 8.5. It also is not letting me choose the paper orientation. It will only pull the paper from the bypass by the long side. When the document exits the copier, the image is shifted off of the edge of the paper. I have tried so many attempts to get it to print correctly, but it just refuses.

We are using the latest postscript driver, although the PCL driver doesn't work either. The owner often requests invitations this size, so this has become quite the issue. She purchases the invitations that feature the image that she likes, then has me add the information to fit. If it was as easy as designing a different size, I could probably avoid this but that isn't the case.

I have tried reinstalling the copier, tried adding the custom document size to the copier, setting a different printer as default, saving as a pdf and printing... nothing I have done is working. I just tried a different custom size and it printed correctly with no trouble.

blackcat4866
04-01-2020, 08:36 PM
I've recently gone through something similar with 6 3/4 Envelopes. For me the problem came down to the application. My enduser was using Microsoft Word, which I find maddening in the way it continually auto-formats your document into a chaotic mess. I attempted with Microsoft Publisher, but got the same defect, the image was centered properly on the envelope, but incorrectly centered as if it was an 11" long piece of paper. All efforts to define a Custom paper size were fruitless. The machine I was printing to (a Lexmark rebadge) kept requesting 8 1/2" x 11" Plain, regardless of what selections were made in the document or the driver.

What did work was to save my document as a PDF before printing. In the process you can specifically define the custom print size. Then the machine displayed Universal Paper Size Type Envelope, and printed properly.

Let me know if this helps:

tsbservice
04-01-2020, 09:48 PM
BC, pardon my ignorance I don't usually deals with Lexmarks(unless they're KM rebadged) but i was under general impression that any type of any manufacturer Universal driver s*cks. Atleast compared with Win PS/PCL drivers version. Well, I could be wrong big time on this one.

blackcat4866
04-01-2020, 10:50 PM
The "Universal" that I was referring to was universal paper size, which is to say "undefined" (greater than 76.2mm x 127mm and less than 216mm x 356mm).

As Universal Print drivers go Lexmark & Toshiba use exclusively the universal driver. Apparently there isn't the sort of encrypting that happens in Konica Minolta or Kyocera drivers. =^..^=

tsbservice
04-01-2020, 11:02 PM
The "Universal" that I was referring to was universal paper size, which is to say "undefined" (greater than 76.2mm x 127mm and less than 216mm x 356mm).

As Universal Print drivers go Lexmark & Toshiba use exclusively the universal driver. Apparently there isn't the sort of encrypting that happens in Konica Minolta or Kyocera drivers. =^..^=

Ahh now I understand. Thanks.

srvctec
04-02-2020, 10:05 PM
*snip* i was under general impression that any type of any manufacturer Universal driver s*cks. Atleast compared with Win PS/PCL drivers version. Well, I could be wrong big time on this one.

I used to HATE the KM Universal drivers but over the last couple years, they actually work and look just like the PCL dedicated drivers as long as you choose the proper machine when setting it up under printer properties and the configure tab.

Sorry for derailing your thread BCE75, just wanted to point out that the Universal KM drivers don't suck any more.

Synaux
04-03-2020, 07:00 PM
I am trying to print custom invitations from our BizHub copier and I keep having issues. I have designed the invitation in Adobe Illustrator. The size is 5.75 x 8.75. I am printing these on card stock and am using the bypass tray. In the past, whenever I have printed a custom size document, the copier will take the artboard size from Illustrator and set the document size to custom. The copier will display the required paper size on the screen. I load the bypass tray with the correct paper size and it prints fine. This time however, it is not cooperating. First, it shows that I need paper sized at 5.5 x 8.5. It also is not letting me choose the paper orientation. It will only pull the paper from the bypass by the long side. When the document exits the copier, the image is shifted off of the edge of the paper. I have tried so many attempts to get it to print correctly, but it just refuses.

We are using the latest postscript driver, although the PCL driver doesn't work either. The owner often requests invitations this size, so this has become quite the issue. She purchases the invitations that feature the image that she likes, then has me add the information to fit. If it was as easy as designing a different size, I could probably avoid this but that isn't the case.

I have tried reinstalling the copier, tried adding the custom document size to the copier, setting a different printer as default, saving as a pdf and printing... nothing I have done is working. I just tried a different custom size and it printed correctly with no trouble.

I assume you are an End User? Try saving as a PDF (or save as your favorite bitmap, etc) then print from anything other than Illustrator.

This honestly feels like you are missing something in the settings. "It also is not letting me choose the paper orientation." What exactly is not letting you change the orientation?

Next, setup the bypass with the proper custom size and thickness, then try making a copy of something with the proper size. Let us know what you get from there.

Custom Search