PDA

View Full Version : 5053ci/DF7100

Custom Search

craigster
04-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Wondering if anyone has seen this issue on these internal units.
When the customer staples it goes through the process you here it staple but it does not. When you pull the unit out you see the staples all over inside between it and the punch unit. The only error code is on it is C8800.
Which I realize is the connector from DF to machine and I see there is a bulletin that address that problem. Paper come out straight when exiting.

Luther
04-02-2020, 05:12 PM
one of the mylars is out of position, the paper isnt going far enough into the finisher to be stapled...but it does try thats why you are finding staples inside the finisher, look into the finisher where the paper is coming out and you will see it

sparkycivic
04-02-2020, 10:46 PM
check to see that the front/rear cursors are completely seated and working. These are just inside where the paper exits the finisher, you need to lift the gate to see inside.
The front cursor is used to shift the paper stack rearwards slightly at the moment before stapling so as to align the corner of the stack to where the staple unit is waiting(fully rear). otherwise the stapler operates into thin air and creates a pile of useless metal inside the finisher.

craigster
04-03-2020, 04:32 PM
Update, it was the mylar causing the issue for the staple issue. As far as the c8800 issue tbe bulletin had a new cheesy bracket for the connector!!
LOL! I used shims instead and fixed that issue also. Thanks for the great help!!

Custom Search