PDA

View Full Version : C360 Document Feeder Folding Corner

Custom Search

pick
04-07-2020, 03:30 PM
The document feeder on my c360 folds the corner of the page only when running 2 sided copies. Has anybody seen this before, and what was your solution? Thanks in advance.

patrickjlc
04-07-2020, 03:49 PM
Check the paper path for something obstructing it, maybe a staple or piece of paper is there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

copier tech
04-07-2020, 04:35 PM
The document feeder on my c360 folds the corner of the page only when running 2 sided copies. Has anybody seen this before, and what was your solution? Thanks in advance.

Most likely obstruction in the path, torn piece of paper, staple etc.

Also check the mylar guides they get deformed.

Synthohol
04-07-2020, 04:40 PM
i usually take a manila folder and push it through the paper path to try and have some tactile feedback to see where the obstruction is. most of the time it knocks the staple/paperclip right out and in the case of a flipped mylar it flips it back and if there is a notch/burr on a mylar you may be able to feel it through the folder or at least hear the scritch/click.
good luck, i was so happy when KM moved to one pass adf.

tsbservice
04-07-2020, 05:39 PM
i usually take a manila folder and push it through the paper path to try and have some tactile feedback to see where the obstruction is. most of the time it knocks the staple/paperclip right out and in the case of a flipped mylar it flips it back and if there is a notch/burr on a mylar you may be able to feel it through the folder or at least hear the scritch/click.

He he my little A4 Brother printers use one pass DFs, for most KonMin we sold our customers pick cheep option, I have yet to see optional dual-scan DF on our 4, 8 and i series 25-35 cpm machines.
Agree on your trick, works best to feel or push the scrap customers put through DF.

allan
04-07-2020, 06:10 PM

I even spay some WD40 on it and spin the rollers against it...
Know its the lazy way to clean a roller you cant quite get to.

Check for torn bent or worn mylars.
Been removing lost of "extra" guides from KM doc feeders of the years.

mga
04-08-2020, 06:40 PM

Lift up all flaps could be damaged mylar guide good luck keep us posted

Custom Search