PDA

View Full Version : My bizhub c224e copier does not start.

Custom Search

r6po
04-07-2020, 08:50 PM
My bizhub c224e copier does not start.
When I light the main button, the screen lights up, there are 2 bars, I hear a beep, the start button lights up then it restarts
In addition, in recent weeks it has been impossible to access the copier via the web interface.
Can you help me identify the fault?
SSD? Firmware ??
Thanks for your help.

Synthohol
04-07-2020, 09:25 PM
try reseating the ram and SSD.
if no change try disconnecting the HDD, even if it goes into error it still shows signs of possible life.
try firmware.

GIUBOSS
04-07-2020, 09:42 PM
My bizhub c224e copier does not start.
When I light the main button, the screen lights up, there are 2 bars, I hear a beep, the start button lights up then it restarts
In addition, in recent weeks it has been impossible to access the copier via the web interface.
Can you help me identify the fault?
SSD? Firmware ??
Thanks for your help.
if you are not a qualified technician, it is not recommended to operate as such in order not to make the situation worse

copyman
04-07-2020, 09:57 PM
Sounds like SSD. If all else fails try reset firmware. A lot has been posted on this forum about this issue

Ari007
04-08-2020, 04:31 AM
Press & hold "reset" and turn the power button on. See if the reset page is coming or not?

r6po
04-08-2020, 06:59 AM
try reseating the ram and SSD.
if no change try disconnecting the HDD, even if it goes into error it still shows signs of possible life.
try firmware.
OK I'll take a look.
Thank you

r6po
04-08-2020, 07:00 AM
Press & hold "reset" and turn the power button on. See if the reset page is coming or not?
It's the same thing :/
no reset page...

r6po
04-08-2020, 07:01 AM
if you are not a qualified technician, it is not recommended to operate as such in order not to make the situation worse
Thanks for the advice :)

r6po
04-08-2020, 08:04 AM
I removed the memory module.
I have the impression that the copier is starting, I hear the noise of the mechanism. But I have nothing left on the screen.
I had 2 old 512MB DDR2 (jecrois) bars, I put them same reaction.
When I put back the initial bar, I find the problem before with the screen and its 2 bars.
Do you think it's the 2 GB strip.
What is the minimum memory requirement to operate a C224e?

GIUBOSS
04-08-2020, 10:08 AM
I have the impression that the copier is starting, I hear the noise of the mechanism. But I have nothing left on the screen.
When I put back the initial bar, I find the problem before with the screen and its 2 bars.
V865300066 MEMORY MODULES 2GB . You tried to clean the contacts of the memory module by rubbing the contacts.

Albonline
04-08-2020, 02:19 PM

try removing dual scan driver board.

ivovb
04-08-2020, 04:51 PM
I'm 99.99 % sure it is SSD! Anyway in order to make it 99.99999999 % can You tell current firmware version?

BR

mga
04-08-2020, 06:36 PM

I think you should stop you could give yourself more problems call a credited service engineer good luck

Albonline
04-08-2020, 07:09 PM
I'm 99.99 % sure it is SSD! Anyway in order to make it 99.99999999 % can You tell current firmware version?

BR

most ssd failures would just freeze, not restart. you have something keeping the mfp from starting. eg dead accessory or other load. this case sounds like a shorted load. hdd or daughter board.

ivovb
04-09-2020, 11:24 AM
most ssd failures would just freeze, not restart. you have something keeping the mfp from starting. eg dead accessory or other load. this case sounds like a shorted load. hdd or daughter board.

Not mine statistic...

BR

Synthohol
04-09-2020, 04:49 PM
ive had ssd failures that just make it to 2 pillars and reboot.

ivovb
04-09-2020, 05:35 PM
ive had ssd failures that just make it to 2 pillars and reboot.

That's my point. All of my cases are as described in first post leads to SSD exchange, firmware update and problem removal.

BR

copier tech
04-09-2020, 06:03 PM
That's my point. All of my cases are as described in first post leads to SSD exchange, firmware update and problem removal.

BR

I saw this issue today, power on machine will display one/shark fins & reboot on loop.

I’ve ordered an SDD.

Phil B.
04-09-2020, 06:23 PM
I saw this issue today, power on machine will display one/shark fins & reboot on loop.

I’ve ordered an SDD.

please keep us updated on how your situation turns out.

copier tech
04-09-2020, 06:43 PM
please keep us updated on how your situation turns out.

Will do. Not sure how long will take to get the part or if my client will be working.

Reed
04-10-2020, 05:05 PM
seen this before bad SSD

Copier repairman
04-15-2020, 04:51 PM
Stopping on two pillars is definitely not an SSD issue.
I have to doubt the other side

blackcat4866
04-15-2020, 11:26 PM

Usually bad page memory results in a black screen, no display at all. And usually when you change the memory you find some secondary cause. Now you can view the actual code. =^..^=

gere1
04-17-2020, 11:38 AM
if I remember correctly with 2 bars it can be recovered with a reset tool
do the reset tool turn on putting firmware
eye some have recovered well and others have lost the counters
with 4 bars I think if it is ssd

EarthKmTech
04-18-2020, 01:33 AM
I had a machine recently where I was confident it was a dead SSD doing the sharkfins crash.

IT wasn't the SSD or even the ram, tried both, it was the mfp board itself.

These machines like to keep you on your toes even when you think you know everything they like to surprise you.

Also as part of the china virus pandemic recently, we have been sent out for busy work to machines not visited for years - don't go updating FW on machines that have sat peacefully doing their job since 2014. I now have virtual boat anchors to bring back to life which people have done so on.

r6po
04-22-2020, 12:34 PM
if I remember correctly with 2 bars it can be recovered with a reset tool
do the reset tool turn on putting firmware
eye some have recovered well and others have lost the counters
with 4 bars I think if it is ssd
Thank you

r6po
04-22-2020, 12:43 PM
I had a machine recently where I was confident it was a dead SSD doing the sharkfins crash.

IT wasn't the SSD or even the ram, tried both, it was the mfp board itself.

These machines like to keep you on your toes even when you think you know everything they like to surprise you.

Also as part of the china virus pandemic recently, we have been sent out for busy work to machines not visited for years - don't go updating FW on machines that have sat peacefully doing their job since 2014. I now have virtual boat anchors to bring back to life which people have done so on.

Thanks for the advice .
It's testing Ram and DD, and it's ok.
How can I be sure it is the card?

Where can I find an FW for C224E, please?
Since January, impossible to connect to Web Connection.
SSL problem: /

Custom Search