PDA

View Full Version : CQ XC9235 quality issue

Custom Search

Vincent128
04-09-2020, 05:23 PM
Okay so...this machine a has done this issue before and it took a LSU unit replacement to fix.

I am not well versed in the Lexmarks - I have not yet been onsite due to lockdown/scheduleing - the images I have to show you are not good (cell phone / small rez)

But it never hurts to ask.

Last time this happened lexmark support kept insisting that it was the drum unit even though I had replaced it with another for testing - Lexmark overnight me a black and a single color drum (they still do not understand that it takes 3 color drum units) - this did not fix it of course - i was then told they would overnight a fuser because that must be it....anyway..before I get into giving them a call and because of the current lockdowns...

If there is any wisdom you guys can pass along to me, I would be great-full.
the original time this came up is here https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/lexmark/138439-xc9235-black-banding.html

copier tech
04-09-2020, 10:26 PM
Okay so...this machine a has done this issue before and it took a LSU unit replacement to fix.

I am not well versed in the Lexmarks - I have not yet been onsite due to lockdown/scheduleing - the images I have to show you are not good (cell phone / small rez)

But it never hurts to ask.

Last time this happened lexmark support kept insisting that it was the drum unit even though I had replaced it with another for testing - Lexmark overnight me a black and a single color drum (they still do not understand that it takes 3 color drum units) - this did not fix it of course - i was then told they would overnight a fuser because that must be it....anyway..before I get into giving them a call and because of the current lockdowns...

If there is any wisdom you guys can pass along to me, I would be great-full.
the original time this came up is here XC9235 black banding (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/lexmark/138439-xc9235-black-banding.html)

Fuser causing this issue, who from Lexmark told you this!?

What firmware version is the machine currently on?

Vincent128
04-13-2020, 01:46 PM
Fuser causing this issue, who from Lexmark told you this!?

What firmware version is the machine currently on?

The firmware version is unknown - I have not been onsite yet.
It was updated a year ago when this happened last time.

Southerner
04-20-2020, 04:43 PM
Hi bud,
Just wondering, have you managed to take a look at this machine and get to the bottom of the issue?
Reason I ask is because we're going to be fitting a number of Lexmark devices including this model and I've no prior experience on Lexmarks (only HP and Sharp).

How does the black dev unit look?

Vincent128
04-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Hi bud,
Just wondering, have you managed to take a look at this machine and get to the bottom of the issue?
Reason I ask is because we're going to be fitting a number of Lexmark devices including this model and I've no prior experience on Lexmarks (only HP and Sharp).

How does the black dev unit look?

Not yet - I have the ribbon cable and the relay board on order.
The drum/dev units have always looked fine and are zero percent the problem - you can swap them out to a different machine.

The machines run okay - we have 2 dozen of these on a dirty manufacturing plant (where this one is) and they seem to run okay. RADF's will get to jamming but is due to old school reflective patch sensor being dirty.
I would not recommend them on a 5 year - we are supposed to have all these on a 3 year replacement. The machines seem to be mostly a pull module out and toss in a new module - very little actual parts replacement. this makes them more expensive I would think.

tsbservice
04-20-2020, 04:55 PM
I have seen this type of lines on other brands. It was Laser/PH unit that fixed them all.

Vincent128
04-20-2020, 05:39 PM
I have seen this type of lines on other brands. It was Laser/PH unit that fixed them all.

That's what I think it is but my 26 years of experience means diddly some times
Also the boss wants me to somehow cheat and order the $1000+ LSU under a machine still under warranty...

Southerner
04-21-2020, 08:46 AM
Not yet - I have the ribbon cable and the relay board on order.
The drum/dev units have always looked fine and are zero percent the problem - you can swap them out to a different machine.

The machines run okay - we have 2 dozen of these on a dirty manufacturing plant (where this one is) and they seem to run okay. RADF's will get to jamming but is due to old school reflective patch sensor being dirty.
I would not recommend them on a 5 year - we are supposed to have all these on a 3 year replacement. The machines seem to be mostly a pull module out and toss in a new module - very little actual parts replacement. this makes them more expensive I would think.

Thanks for the reply and good luck sorting the issue out, hope you get to the bottom of it.
Our fleet will be going into hospitals/health centre's etc
Do the parts seem to last life as a general rule (drums/dev/fuser/trans belt), we still have a load of very old HP fleet (CM6040/4540 etc) so the lexmarks will surely fair better lol

Vincent128
04-21-2020, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the reply and good luck sorting the issue out, hope you get to the bottom of it.
Our fleet will be going into hospitals/health centre's etc
Do the parts seem to last life as a general rule (drums/dev/fuser/trans belt), we still have a load of very old HP fleet (CM6040/4540 etc) so the lexmarks will surely fair better lol

They do but the machine will shut down when life for wearable has been reached.

color drums are 60K @ like $90 x3
Black is 90K @ like $275 which is dumb
300K is transfer @ like $310
Life expectancy of the unit is only 700K or so in the documentation i have but I think they would go further.
color toners $125 and Black $50 both 30K
The black drum being oddly more expensive can toss the numbers sideways I am thinking.

Most of the failures I have had are drum units, feed rollers (but you get a ton extra in the belt kit), RADF sensors needing cleaned...nothing difficult.

we all hate the control panel interface and the confusing web interface.

Southerner
04-21-2020, 03:19 PM
They do but the machine will shut down when life for wearable has been reached.

color drums are 60K @ like $90 x3
Black is 90K @ like $275 which is dumb
300K is transfer @ like $310
Life expectancy of the unit is only 700K or so in the documentation i have but I think they would go further.
color toners $125 and Black $50 both 30K
The black drum being oddly more expensive can toss the numbers sideways I am thinking.

Most of the failures I have had are drum units, feed rollers (but you get a ton extra in the belt kit), RADF sensors needing cleaned...nothing difficult.

we all hate the control panel interface and the confusing web interface.

Ah OK fair enough, when doing the course remember the instructor saying I was lucky with this gen as the old one's were a nightmare if replacing control panel,
Massive reason for switching to the Lexmarks was we will be getting parts (consumables etc) at a very good rate as oppose to HP, when especially the fuser would never go distance of
life (maybe 60-80% life) for the 6040's.

As I say best of luck with the issue you've currently got

Vincent128
04-28-2020, 08:27 PM
Well...the issue has not returned 2 weeks after I put in a new relay PCB and the image ribbon cable ...but it also was working when i got there so who knows.

I found nothing that looked amiss on the cable and the relay PCB is just a connector on both ends, no active electronics.
Everything looked like it was in place and tight on the connectors.

Chalk one up to the weird shit-o-meter.

My guess is that something electrical is causing the machine to freak out, even though it's on a NextGen PCS digital surge protector (I forgot my data cable to read what it's been up to); the machine is smack in the middle of a manufacturing plant.

Vincent128
05-26-2020, 02:39 PM
Joy!
The issue has returned.

I threw a control board at it - no luck - also the instructions on how to restore that suck - also do not do it the way the manual and the restore read.me says...Don't do it via USB and do it from the web interface and don't include firmware in the restore files..also don't call tech support unless you have hours to kill talking to people that have never seen a copier and have not been taught to enunciate and are using a sting and a tin can as a phone.

Have another laser unit coming.
I did find that the smart surge protector's power plug was smashed against the wall and paper boxes and while I got with Maintenance to move the power to a plug behind a cubical so they can't do that anymore; i am unsure if that would have been the cause. The first LSU it ate, I checked the power plug out of habit - On the other hand this is in a box office in the middle of a manufacturing plant so power is still VERY much a suspect.

Could it be that these machines are weak to poopy electricity ?
The LSU is like $1200 out of warranty and Hytec does not carry Lexmark.

Custom Search