PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM Device Cleaning and Operation Best Practices - COVID-19

Custom Search

femaster
04-12-2020, 10:42 PM
With all the craziness in the world, Konica Minolta felt the need to offer a Best Practices sheet for MFP cleaning and alternative operation.

emujo2
04-13-2020, 08:10 PM
I'm unsure if you are criticizing KM's bulletin, or just reposting..KM kind of had to respond when asked how to use their products safely in this environment. It's the same with the handhelds..Customers don't want to touch them, nor do the techs want the customers handling the devices. And if they don't provide a recommendation, you can put money on calls for "control panel melting" due to someone using MethlyEthelKeytone (MEK) to "disinfect' the device. E

tsbservice
04-13-2020, 08:29 PM
Sorry KM I prefer more Xerox description:
How to Clean Xerox Printers and MFPs - Xerox (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/about/how-to-clean-printers)
Easy to understand and follow, and just seem overall better.

emujo2
04-13-2020, 08:37 PM
They say the same thing..the Xerox users just look happier LOL..E

tsbservice
04-13-2020, 09:07 PM
They say the same thing..the Xerox users just look happier LOL..E

Of course they will look identical.
I don't care actually if they are the same thing. To me and our customers Xerox ones are easy to understand and follow, if they look happier...job done :cool:

copier tech
04-14-2020, 08:22 AM
With all the craziness in the world, Konica Minolta felt the need to offer a Best Practices sheet for MFP cleaning and alternative operation.

Thanks for the info.

Ricoh sent out a similar bulletin.

We had a customer that drenched a control panel, it's now U/S.

Zeldaman
04-14-2020, 10:09 AM
Hi there!
The best way is to send such documents to ALL customers. We had one fool, who took half a bottle of isoprop-alc to clean the SOP of a MP 402. At the end he needed a new machine, ´cause the price of a new SOP is ca. 5 times higher then the price of the mfp. (it seems that RICOH needs much more money).:cool:
Greetings...

Zeldaman
04-14-2020, 10:13 AM
Hi there!
This popped up on the RICOH-website.
Greetings...

femaster
04-22-2020, 05:45 PM
I'm unsure if you are criticizing KM's bulletin, or just reposting..KM kind of had to respond when asked how to use their products safely in this environment. It's the same with the handhelds..Customers don't want to touch them, nor do the techs want the customers handling the devices. And if they don't provide a recommendation, you can put money on calls for "control panel melting" due to someone using MethlyEthelKeytone (MEK) to "disinfect' the device. E

No, not criticizing, just sharing for those techs that don't have access to to KM site.

Custom Search