PDA

View Full Version : Testing Kyocera Clutches

Custom Search

compsos
11-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi
I suspect a problem with either the feed or registration clutches. The printer folds the paper going into the register rollers (ie) feeding too fast from the pickup for the register rollers. Does anyone know how to confirm the status of these units? Either mounted in the printer or external.
Thanks

11-01-2008, 10:58 AM
What model are we talking about?

Consistent or intermittent?

What jam code are you getting?

Copier
11-01-2008, 11:00 AM
What model?

compsos
11-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Sorry about that.
It is a FS-1900 same parts as a FS-3800

termacadon
11-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Consistent or intermittent?

What jam code are you getting?

compsos
11-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Paper Jam in Transfer Unit
The paper is folded over between the pickup roller feed and the registration rollers. We have already fitted a new Paper Feeder (FE-60). Which only made the issue worse. It is like the registration rollers are starting late or not fast enough or the pickup rollers "over" feed the registration rollers. If a test page does get through then it has been folded and rolled flat, otherwise the leading edge may only just pas the transfer roller but not reach the fuser.
TIA

Mark B
11-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Clean the reg. clutch. It should only turn one way.

compsos
11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks Mark
Already have cleaned it with only very slight improvement. Also tested the coil etc. It seems to be OK as a clutch in the hand. Any particular test to prove it is faulty?

compsos
11-25-2008, 09:27 PM
We installed a new clutch and all worked. But with both a new and the original in hand was not able to detect a difference in operation. What actually goes wrong in the clutch? Is there a test procedure for them?

imaginGuru
11-26-2008, 02:27 AM
the Z-folding in feeding (and before registration) is most of the times the clutches' fault.

It is not a mechanical issue, that's why you don't "feel" any difference
when you have them out. the problem is more of electro-magnetic nature and consists that the friction plate stays energized (magnetized) even though the DC signal to them (voltage) has stopped, and passes the (extra) mechanical load(rotation) to its shaft (when its supposed to be de-energized), and therefore over-pushing the sheet onto the registration mechanism and Z-folding the paper+messing the whole thing.
Why?, I don't know, but remember that the friction plates of a electromagnetic clutch are made of iron cast remember they get oxidized, and over time+wear they get magnetized.

In analog toshibas the problem was similar but the cause was that the clutches got gummy inside and happened all what I explained above.

blackcat4866
11-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Solenoids can magnetize also. I've heard that solenoid cores can be de-magnetized by hammering on the plunger or dropping the plunger on concrete. On the whole my experiments have been a miserable failure. You can usually get short term improvements, then in a week you're back for the same problem.

I imagine the same goes for electromagnetic clutches. =^..^=

taskalfaman
02-02-2010, 07:03 PM
old issue.
solution: change bypass clutch and problem is solved permanently
C Y

Custom Search