PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Konica Minolta C360i

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

karel
04-20-2020, 08:19 AM
Hi,
I have Konica Minolta C360i. I try to upload the firmware (AA2J0Y0-F000-G00-7B-990) and I get MFP N.G. Do you have any ideas how to fix it

copier tech
04-20-2020, 08:23 AM
Hi,
I have Konica Minolta C360i. I try to upload the firmware (AA2J0Y0-F000-G00-7B-990) and I get MFP N.G. Do you have any ideas how to fix it

Does the machine come to ready or does it have a fault?

Try the latest version GC1-7B

karel
04-20-2020, 09:10 AM
The machine hangs on the Konica Minolta inscription. I tried the latest software but it didn't help either. I cannot enter the service mode

tsbservice
04-20-2020, 09:40 AM
Disconnect any installed options and select all but MFPB. If rest is updated successfully select only MFPB and try again update.

karel
04-20-2020, 10:11 AM
I've done this before and it didn't work

tsbservice
04-20-2020, 10:55 AM
MFPB or Storage board may be bad.

Synthohol
04-20-2020, 02:36 PM
do a data clear after backing up the address book (if any)
or
Solution
CAUSE: Corrupt MFP board or Storage board

SOLUTION: Perform the steps below.
1. Disconnect all peripherals (Finisher, Document Feeder, Fax option, etc.).
2. Load MFP Firmware only:
a. Copy folder FW0020 on the root of a recommended USB drive (refer to KBA00044472).
b. Ensure the machine is powered OFF and insert the USB drive in the front USB port.
c. Hold down the Stop button behind the little cover on the back of the Touch Panel while powering ON the machine.
b. Select MFP Controller ONLY and make sure all other firmware files are unselected.
d. Press the Start button to start loading the firmware.
e. Power OFF the machine when completed.
3. Reconnect all peripherals (Finisher, Document Feeder, Fax option, etc.)
4. Load all Firmware except MFP Controller:
a. Hold down the Stop button behind the little cover on the back of the Touch Panel while powering ON the machine.
b. Select all other firmware files and make sure MFP Controller is not selected
c. Press the Start button to start loading the firmware.
d. Power OFF the machine when completed.
5. Remove USB drive.
6. Power ON machine and test functionality.

karel
04-20-2020, 04:37 PM
I did as in the instructions above
When uploading, the counter reaches 70% and then N.G

tsbservice
04-20-2020, 04:46 PM
Can you run diagnostics? If yes what it gives?

karel
04-20-2020, 04:53 PM
The machine will not allow entering the service mode

tsbservice
04-20-2020, 05:03 PM
It can be done without need to enter CE mode, just turn on machine main switch while pressing the power key. After short beep release power key.

karel
04-20-2020, 05:28 PM
I will run diagnostics tomorrow.
Can formatting STRGB in another C360i help?

tsbservice
04-20-2020, 05:41 PM
I dunno. As usual they(KM) say boards cannot be swapped(Storage,CPU,Base) and usual blah-blah...

karel
04-20-2020, 06:31 PM
Sometimes it is worth following a different path than machine manufacturers advise
KM is often wrong, some models are one big mistake

Albonline
04-20-2020, 08:24 PM
I will run diagnostics tomorrow.
Can formatting STRGB in another C360i help?

Short answer is no , but it can be formatted in an external drive converter , and then follow machine recovery procedure.

Albonline
04-20-2020, 08:28 PM
just an fyi trading boards around in this series is fatal, to to the entire set.

tsbservice
04-20-2020, 08:33 PM
You can try to format Storage board from Admin menu if no access to service mode:

[Utility]

[Storage Management]

[Format]

karel
04-20-2020, 10:03 PM
tsbservice I can't do this

Dropbox - IMG_20200420_085400 (1).jpg - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/74lnhep4svivhfv/IMG_20200420_085400%20%281%29.jpg?dl=0)

I can do nothing more

Synthohol
04-20-2020, 10:28 PM
try a warm boot (T/R) and try and access service mode once (OK) is displayed.

Albonline
04-21-2020, 12:37 PM
tsbservice I can't do this

Dropbox - IMG_20200420_085400 (1).jpg - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/74lnhep4svivhfv/IMG_20200420_085400%20%281%29.jpg?dl=0)

I can do nothing more

You need to clear that base board ,with a reset tool, the 789 file works on it.then try loading a fresh copy of firmware.

Bix
04-21-2020, 12:41 PM
I'm sure it's the STRB. A very common problem in these printers. Replace it and rewrite the firmware, it takes a few minutes. It has already happened to me in two C300i.

tsbservice
04-21-2020, 01:59 PM
Hey Bix, long time no see. Mate I'm so glad you still hanging around :)

Bix
04-21-2020, 03:29 PM
Hey tsbservice, yes you are right! it's nice to reread you, I had a fever, cough and I no longer had the sensation of taste. But now, I believe I am healed.

ivovb
04-21-2020, 03:49 PM
Sometimes it is worth following a different path than machine manufacturers advise
KM is often wrong, some models are one big mistake

Yes You are right and it is not only KM, but Toshiba, Brother, HP etc. I have several times of a wrong procedures concerning replacement electronic parts or solving a problem. Quite often expirience is better advisor.

BR

karel
04-21-2020, 05:29 PM
-Cannot perform diagnostics.

-warm boot does not help

You need to clear that base board ,with a reset tool, the 789 file works on it.then try loading a fresh copy of firmware.
-I did today(a789be.tar), unfortunately it didn't help either

I'm sure it's the STRB. A very common problem in these printers. Replace it and rewrite the firmware, it takes a few minutes. It has already happened to me in two C300i.
-I'm planning to buy STRGB

Greetings to all

Albonline
04-21-2020, 05:39 PM
-Cannot perform diagnostics.

-warm boot does not help

-I did today(a789be.tar), unfortunately it didn't help either

-I'm planning to buy STRGB

Greetings to all

get the nvme m.2 ssd enclosure. 30 usd$ on amazon. reformat the storage board , its just a standard m2 drive.

karel
04-21-2020, 05:51 PM
of course, I've already ordered the M2 adapter. If the repair fails I will buy a new STRGB

tsbservice
04-21-2020, 06:02 PM
As Controller Firmware resides on STRGB and most of the features on Controller run on device's hardware namely MFPB, corrupted STRGB may prevent device from operating normal.
I hope format would cure it. Let us know.

Jumping Jack Flash
04-22-2020, 09:19 AM
of course, I've already ordered the M2 adapter. If the repair fails I will buy a new STRGB

My advice, start with the basic things and
change the pendriv from which you upload FW to older 1-2GB.
Do not start the device if you have the message N.G. It always helped

karel
04-22-2020, 09:37 PM
My advice, start with the basic things and
change the pendriv from which you upload FW to older 1-2GB.
Do not start the device if you have the message N.G. It always helped

I have tested flash drives with smaller capacity, unfortunately still N.G

Jumping Jack Flash
04-22-2020, 10:40 PM
I have tested flash drives with smaller capacity, unfortunately still N.G

Hymm .. If you are sure the flash drive is working, try using the firmware AA2J0Y0-F000-GZZ-23.exe

karel
04-23-2020, 10:22 AM
Hymm .. If you are sure the flash drive is working, try using the firmware AA2J0Y0-F000-GZZ-23.exe

AA2J0Y0-F000-GZZ-23.exe did not help

Jumping Jack Flash
04-23-2020, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=karel;1452114]AA2J0Y0-F000-GZZ-23.exe did not help[/QUOTE

I'll think about the way how to send you

karel
04-23-2020, 05:14 PM

I uploaded it to the machine this morning (AA2J0Y0-F000-GZZ-23.exe)
My machine has adopted this software but it still doesn't work.

Phil B.
04-23-2020, 05:48 PM

try 'we transfer' up to 2gb for free

Jumping Jack Flash
04-23-2020, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Jumping Jack Flash;1452424]

I uploaded it to the machine this morning (AA2J0Y0-F000-GZZ-23.exe)
My machine has adopted this software but it still doesn't work.

You still have to upload any FW.
I propose AA2J0Y0-F000-G00-23.exe

karel
04-24-2020, 06:48 PM
Hi,
I bought a new STRGB (KBG3AZMS256G)
Does anyone know what the STRGB replacement procedure looks like?
Is it enough if I upload AA2J0Y0-F000-G00-7B-990?

I will only add that rewriting data from damaged STRGB is not possible.

Please advise.
Thanks

Albonline
04-24-2020, 07:41 PM
Hi,
I bought a new STRGB (KBG3AZMS256G)
Does anyone know what the STRGB replacement procedure looks like?
Is it enough if I upload AA2J0Y0-F000-G00-7B-990?

I will only add that rewriting data from damaged STRGB is not possible.

Please advise.
Thanks
quick overview of recovery

Copier recovery procedure:

With original storage board installed, perform a board reset using the 7,8,9 reset tool. After “Initialization Complete” message turn off machine and unplug AC power cord from source.
Remove CPU board from Base board; remove original storage board from CPU board. Leave boards out for 10 Minutes.
Insert replacement “wiped” storage board or perform a wipe of the original storage board; install back into CPU board. Put CPU board back into base board.
Plug in to AC power. Insert Firmware stick. Boot to Firmware and install. Allow reboot on successful install. Reboot may take up to 15 minutes.

At this point the procedure changes slightly depending on model line. This has been tested only on C360i model line and C3350i model line.

In the case of the C360i model line:

Machine will boot to internal error and reboot again to internal error. 3rd boot will display code C-D073. This is due to the default storage type being set to an invalid state (“MicroSD” rather than “Storage” Board). The machine may experience strange behavior due to this condition. It is best to go strait into service mode, system2, storage type and set to “storage” before doing ANYTHING else. Machine will prompt a restart.
Restart will boot to “Enter Serial Number”. Go to service mode, System 1, Serial number. Enter printer and scanner serial numbers. Numbers must be correct for license repair in later step of procedure to be successful.
While in service mode set time/date, marketing area, and Install movie data. Set DipSW 10 to 02. Exit service mode then restart machine.
Machine License management repair. Service mode- Billing mode- License Management- repair- LMS button (only if connected to a network). There are no messages like on older machines indicating a License error for the machine. Also, the repair button is not there if no error detected. Machine will auto-reboot on successful repair. If failed, check serial number entered in previous steps and try again. (MAY take two or three attempts). If a CPU board from another machine has been used it is not possible to repair machine license. Web browser/ I-options/Marketplace cannot be used. DO NOT use a used CPU board!!
If BHsecure MUST be installed then do not turn on web browser until after BHsecure installation. This is out of “abundance of caution” only. There has been issues with this during setup of certain “8” series machines. There is no proof as of this writing that the web browser actually affects BHsecure on this model line.
With machine AC cord UNPLUGGED. Reconnect and set all accessories. Test all machine functions thoroughly (Copy, scan, Fax, Print/Network connectivity/finishing …etc).

tsbservice
04-24-2020, 07:46 PM
From the manual...
Actions after replacement of the board

Turn ON the main power switch.
Check the firmware version of the SSD Controller.
If the firmware version of the SSD Controller is not the latest, upgrade the firmware.
Turn OFF and ON the main power switch.
[Recover Data] appears on the panel, touch [Recover Data] to start the recovery of data.
Turn OFF and ON the main power switch.
If there is any data retrieved with backup utility, conduct the recovery of data.

Good luck

karel
04-24-2020, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the instructions. I'll try to fix it on Monday. I'll let you know

karel
04-29-2020, 05:20 PM
quick overview of recovery

Copier recovery procedure:

With original storage board installed, perform a board reset using the 7,8,9 reset tool. After “Initialization Complete” message turn off machine and unplug AC power cord from source.
Remove CPU board from Base board; remove original storage board from CPU board. Leave boards out for 10 Minutes.
Insert replacement “wiped” storage board or perform a wipe of the original storage board; install back into CPU board. Put CPU board back into base board.
Plug in to AC power. Insert Firmware stick. Boot to Firmware and install. Allow reboot on successful install. Reboot may take up to 15 minutes.

At this point the procedure changes slightly depending on model line. This has been tested only on C360i model line and C3350i model line.

In the case of the C360i model line:

Machine will boot to internal error and reboot again to internal error. 3rd boot will display code C-D073. This is due to the default storage type being set to an invalid state (“MicroSD” rather than “Storage” Board). The machine may experience strange behavior due to this condition. It is best to go strait into service mode, system2, storage type and set to “storage” before doing ANYTHING else. Machine will prompt a restart.
Restart will boot to “Enter Serial Number”. Go to service mode, System 1, Serial number. Enter printer and scanner serial numbers. Numbers must be correct for license repair in later step of procedure to be successful.
While in service mode set time/date, marketing area, and Install movie data. Set DipSW 10 to 02. Exit service mode then restart machine.
Machine License management repair. Service mode- Billing mode- License Management- repair- LMS button (only if connected to a network). There are no messages like on older machines indicating a License error for the machine. Also, the repair button is not there if no error detected. Machine will auto-reboot on successful repair. If failed, check serial number entered in previous steps and try again. (MAY take two or three attempts). If a CPU board from another machine has been used it is not possible to repair machine license. Web browser/ I-options/Marketplace cannot be used. DO NOT use a used CPU board!!
If BHsecure MUST be installed then do not turn on web browser until after BHsecure installation. This is out of “abundance of caution” only. There has been issues with this during setup of certain “8” series machines. There is no proof as of this writing that the web browser actually affects BHsecure on this model line.
With machine AC cord UNPLUGGED. Reconnect and set all accessories. Test all machine functions thoroughly (Copy, scan, Fax, Print/Network connectivity/finishing …etc).

I did according to this instruction.
The machine works!
Thank you all for your help.

Greetings

EarthKmTech
04-30-2020, 10:19 PM
Note,

I had this issue on a new machine - the initialized cpu board was required to fix but it is also possible with a secret procedure to initialize the partition table of the ssd. A new ssd was not required. Contact technical support if required - it's not allowed to be shared.

Bix
05-05-2020, 02:38 PM
They also suggested that I replace the CPUB. But it has always been the STRB. Damn, I almost miss the old HDDs. hahaha

Albonline
05-05-2020, 03:13 PM
They also suggested that I replace the CPUB. But it has always been the STRB. Damn, I almost miss the old HDDs. hahaha

it is a solid state hdd

Bix
05-05-2020, 03:20 PM
I think it's better to call it an SSD.
HDD is made up of discs.
SSD is solid state memory. Theoretically it is very likely that an HDD will break compared to an SSD. But long-term SSD someone says lasts less than an HDD.

Albonline
05-05-2020, 03:50 PM
depends on randomizing the read write areas, IE don't keep using the same memory addresses over and over. the m2 series ssd's incorporate randomizing technology.

copier tech
09-12-2021, 01:29 PM
Note,

I had this issue on a new machine - the initialized cpu board was required to fix but it is also possible with a secret procedure to initialize the partition table of the ssd. A new ssd was not required. Contact technical support if required - it's not allowed to be shared.

Would you mind sending this via PM please?

tsbservice
09-12-2021, 02:05 PM

Sadly EarthKmTech isn't active member anymore. I hope the best for him he was/is one of the best techs I ever heard of.

femaster
09-15-2021, 03:47 AM
Note,

One of our techs had to do this about a month ago. He doesn't remember how to get to the point where you can do it any longer, but even if he did remember, it wouldn't help anyway. He stated that the procedure to actually execute the re-partitioning of the SSD is similar to that of recovering from a license error. The copier will provide you with a long code that you must then relay to tech support over the phone and they in turn will then provide you with a corresponding code to enter into the copier to actually execute the partitioning.

copier tech
09-15-2021, 07:50 AM
One of our techs had to do this about a month ago. He doesn't remember how to get to the point where you can do it any longer, but even if he did remember, it wouldn't help anyway. He stated that the procedure to actually execute the re-partitioning of the SSD is similar to that of recovering from a license error. The copier will provide you with a long code that you must then relay to tech support over the phone and they in turn will then provide you with a corresponding code to enter into the copier to actually execute the partitioning.

Ah OK thanks. Don't know why KM make if so difficult to recover some issues. if I'm working on a machine after hours & need to call them I have to return the following morning, painful.

Custom Search