PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine KM808 customer copied money

Custom Search

Thayer
04-29-2020, 12:51 AM
Yeah me
Customer copied money on not 1 but 2 different machines!

How screwed am I or customer.?

FYI it was a school...

patrickjlc
04-29-2020, 01:41 AM
Yeah me
Customer copied money on not 1 but 2 different machines!

How screwed am I or customer.?

FYI it was a school... Machine is yours or schools? In either case screwed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thayer
04-29-2020, 02:07 AM
Schools! They tried on both machines.

Synthohol
04-29-2020, 02:24 AM
unless you go through Konica and the secret service you have two parts machines.

Synthohol
04-29-2020, 03:23 AM
since its a school, they may be able to claim the damage as vandalism.
see what their insurance covers, you may just sell 2 new machines if you cant go the legit path.

qbert69
04-29-2020, 07:08 AM
Pardon my ignorance for asking, but does the copying of money on KM machines disable them??? I have known people to copy items such as checks, titles & various certificates with holographic foil or micro print on other brands of Mfp's, in other words the mfp will black/blank the image or expose the micro print prominently!!!

Thoughts Welcome!!!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Leyahné
04-29-2020, 09:11 AM
Depends on the amount of money they copied, after +- 10 copies the machine locks up and gives a security code error. Customer is screwed. There is a big sticker that explain this to customers on the scanner.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

qbert69
04-29-2020, 12:35 PM
Depends on the amount of money they copied, after +- 10 copies the machine locks up and gives a security code error. Customer is screwed. There is a big sticker that explain this to customers on the scanner.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TapatalkMakes Sense!!! I wonder if this "error" can be cleared with the KM Mainboard reset tool or if the error propagates throughout the system & gets stored on other boards which store data?! Either way, there is some SERIOUS expense involved and most definitely a teachable moment for the customer!!![emoji15]

tsbservice
04-29-2020, 02:29 PM
The sticker is small for most dumb a** customers.
However learned something new. Thanks Thayer.

blackcat4866
04-29-2020, 11:59 PM
Just a followup: While we were trying to figure out something to do, the customer called us back. Apparently pressing "Reset" several times cleared the error condition on both machines. Apparently it wasn't the +/- 10 times to brick the machine.

We haven't stood in front of the machine, but I'll be interested in knowing the code. =^..^=

Phil B.
04-30-2020, 01:18 AM
Pardon my ignorance for asking, but does the copying of money on KM machines disable them??? I have known people to copy items such as checks, titles & various certificates with holographic foil or micro print on other brands of Mfp's, in other words the mfp will black/blank the image or expose the micro print prominently!!!

Thoughts Welcome!!! Thanks!

security reasons.. on COLOR machines mainly.

checks - titles - certs (NOT BONDS) can be copied in MONO mode only on most units and then they should increase/decrease size of replication (ratio)

Albonline
04-30-2020, 07:31 PM
Just a followup: While we were trying to figure out something to do, the customer called us back. Apparently pressing "Reset" several times cleared the error condition on both machines. Apparently it wasn't the +/- 10 times to brick the machine.

We haven't stood in front of the machine, but I'll be interested in knowing the code. =^..^=

probably cd601 if it was currency

mascan42
05-01-2020, 06:58 PM
I'm surprised that's even an issue on a B&W copier. I thought only the color machines had that feature.

CompyTech
05-04-2020, 02:21 PM
I'm surprised that's even an issue on a B&W copier. I thought only the color machines had that feature.

The machine does have a color scanner though. Have seen a similar issue before where the customer was scanning checks to email and the mfp would error code. Only by making a copy of the check and scanning the printout to file would work. Machine was b&w.

Bix
05-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Some military barracks need to print banknotes seized from criminals.

To remedy the problem, I suggested that he take the photograph with the phone and then print.

Custom Search