PDA

View Full Version : C-3110 Admin Password reset...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
04-29-2020, 03:17 PM
I looked up everything I could on this site related to this question, but never seemed to find it... I can get into service mode no problem, but the usual 1-8 pw doesn't work for Admin function. I know you can go into STOP 0 CLEAR in the machines with a full display and a STOP button, but that doesn't apply here!
Any help appreciated!
OC

copyrooks
04-29-2020, 03:36 PM
How to change the administrator password if it is unknown?

Answer
Access service mode perform the following:
1. In the main menu scroll down to "Utility" and press "Select"
2. Press the following sequence to enter Service Mode (note the screen will change, but the complete sequence needs to be entered) Stop > 0 > 0 > Stop > 0 > 1
3. Enter the current password

The DEFAULT password is 9 2 7 2 9 2 7 2
Make sure to use the asterisk to change between numbers and letters, indicated at the bottom right hand corner of the screen

4. When the service mode screen appears enter the following sequence: Back > 2 > 2 > 2 > 0 > 0
5. Press "Select" on "Admin Password"
6. The password can be entered here.

Note: If the MFP clears out the password upon final confirmation of the password change, unplug the MFP for 30 seconds and repeat the above steps.

tsbservice
04-29-2020, 04:46 PM
Isn't it in Service manual?

Oystercopy
04-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Isn't it in Service manual?

no.. looked for it

Synthohol
04-29-2020, 05:18 PM
its in the service manual.

Oystercopy
04-29-2020, 06:26 PM
How to change the administrator password if it is unknown?

Answer
Access service mode perform the following:
1. In the main menu scroll down to "Utility" and press "Select"
2. Press the following sequence to enter Service Mode (note the screen will change, but the complete sequence needs to be entered) Stop > 0 > 0 > Stop > 0 > 1
3. Enter the current password

The DEFAULT password is 9 2 7 2 9 2 7 2
Make sure to use the asterisk to change between numbers and letters, indicated at the bottom right hand corner of the screen

4. When the service mode screen appears enter the following sequence: Back > 2 > 2 > 2 > 0 > 0
5. Press "Select" on "Admin Password"
6. The password can be entered here.

Note: If the MFP clears out the password upon final confirmation of the password change, unplug the MFP for 30 seconds and repeat the above steps.

That is the correct peocedure, which I was able to get from KM tech support as well....TY so much!

tsbservice
04-29-2020, 06:55 PM
its in the service manual.

Well I'm sure they both should work...copyrooks one is a good one that guy knows his stuff.
👍

Oystercopy
04-29-2020, 07:11 PM
I looked at the pdf that Syntholol sent and it didn't include the proper procedure for resetting the P/W, only how to login if you've GOT the P/W.
But the procedure with the "Back" key is the only one that'll get you into the Enhanced Security Mode to be able to change it, once someone has done away with the 1-8

Synthohol
04-29-2020, 10:18 PM
my apologies, i missed the part about not knowing the PW.
also after 3 failed attempts i think it locks you out and needs to be released IIRC

Oystercopy
04-29-2020, 10:45 PM
my apologies, i missed the part about not knowing the PW.
also after 3 failed attempts i think it locks you out and needs to be released IIRC

Not a problem dude... thanks for offering to help anyway!

Woxner
04-30-2020, 03:26 AM
when you press 1-8 did you remember to push the # key or star to make it enter numbers in stead of letters?

Custom Search