PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C3100p error

Custom Search

copicatt
04-29-2020, 07:08 PM
Be easy, I’m a canon tech mainly. Customer had this unit, 14 months old. Has an error 0310 code. Laser error. Book lists a couple causes, ph unit, mfp board? Could a dust bunny be an issue? Looking for tips before I head out. :( thanks all

tsbservice
04-29-2020, 07:22 PM
Start with reseating connectors.

Edgar Uk
04-29-2020, 10:10 PM
Check the rear of the fuser is pushed in & connected correctly. You can get this error if it isn’t.

srvctec
04-29-2020, 10:31 PM
Check the rear of the fuser is pushed in & connected correctly. You can get this error if it isn’t.

HUH?!

The fuser is basically at the top of the machine while the laser unit is clear at the bottom with lots of other stuff between the two. Unless they both get power through the same circuit, which I seriously doubt.

Edgar Uk
04-29-2020, 11:19 PM
I’ve seen the same error on this machine & the C25 quite a few times. It may be caused by the interlock of the r/h door chattering because the misfitted fuser isn’t allowing the right hand door to shut correctly. I haven’t looked deeply into it because relocating the fuser clears the code. Lets see what the tech finds when he gets there.

blackcat4866
04-29-2020, 11:48 PM
I’ve seen the same error on this machine & the C25 quite a few times. It may be caused by the interlock of the r/h door chattering because the misfitted fuser isn’t allowing the right hand door to shut correctly. I haven’t looked deeply into it because relocating the fuser clears the code. Lets see what the tech finds when he gets there.

Funny that you mention that ... I've seen that too on a C25! If the customer latches the front of the fuser, but not the back they'll get 0130 (laser shutter malfunction) and 0094 (second transfer drive failure). The way I figure it the doorswitch actuator opens the laser shutter. =^..^=

srvctec
04-30-2020, 03:22 PM

Funny that you mention that ... I've seen that too on a C25! If the customer latches the front of the fuser, but not the back they'll get 0130 (laser shutter malfunction) and 0094 (second transfer drive failure). The way I figure it the doorswitch actuator opens the laser shutter. =^..^=

I hope reseating the fuser does work and if it does, I will have learned something, which I love doing.

copicatt
04-30-2020, 05:49 PM
Here is what I did:
I first reseated the connectors on the boards in the back (MFP/PRCB). Didn't work. So i dove in and removed the PH (Laser Unit). Lord what a job. I reconnected the connectors at the laser unit and reassembled it all. It is now working!!! Didn't touch the fuser.

Thanks for the help!

Edgar Uk
04-30-2020, 06:40 PM
Great to hear you fixed it but out of curiosity why not check the fuser first as that would take less than 10 seconds and if it had been that then it would have saved taking a machine to pieces?

Custom Search