PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c224

Custom Search

eli
05-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Hello. Can anyone please send me firmware or what is needed to completely wipe and restore a c224 machine? I know that firmware is not available online and that i should get a tech. However, this is at a remote location, so that is not an option. I have a few issues with the machine, like changing admin password, etc. If i could get firmware for c454e as well, taht would be great. Thanks in advance.

allan
05-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Change admin password in service mode if that is the only real issue.

There are very little reason to ever clear the entire machine unless board changes were made or the machine was locked on purpose and someone else is trying to unlock it.

For resale there are procedures to be done that does not involve firmware.

eli
05-01-2020, 10:32 PM
Change admin password in service mode if that is the only real issue.

There are very little reason to ever clear the entire machine unless board changes were made or the machine was locked on purpose and some one else is trying to unlock it.

For resale there are procedures to be done that does not involve firmware.

There are many other issues actually. Faxes are sent as emails. Many settings are missing. The fax module is in place.

How can i completely reset it to factory settings?

allan
05-01-2020, 10:38 PM
Service mode > System1 > initialization

The instructions to set/unset forwarding a fax to an email address and to set it to print would be under admin settings.

eli
05-01-2020, 10:41 PM
Service mode > System1 > initialization

Ok, will do. This will basically delete ALL data and settings from the machine, correct?

tsbservice
05-01-2020, 10:41 PM
There are many other issues actually. Faxes are sent as emails. Many settings are missing. The fax module is in place.

How can i completely reset it to factory settings?

Use the power...just kidding. Get the service manual.

eli
05-01-2020, 10:53 PM
Ok, will do. This will basically delete ALL data and settings from the machine, correct?

Use the power...just kidding. Get the service manual.

Ok read the manual, i get it. Last question, what can possibly go wrong?

allan
05-01-2020, 11:02 PM
Ok read the manual, i get it. Last question, what can possibly go wrong?

Fix your admin password issue first.
You will loose the network configuration settings, and could possibly need to set the HDD again.
Other than that not much.

Phil B.
05-01-2020, 11:17 PM
You will loose the network configuration settings, and could possibly need to set the HDD again.
Other than that not much.+2 on this

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

copier tech
05-01-2020, 11:37 PM
Hello. Can anyone please send me firmware or what is needed to completely wipe and restore a c224 machine? I know that firmware is not available online and that i should get a tech. However, this is at a remote location, so that is not an option. I have a few issues with the machine, like changing admin password, etc. If i could get firmware for c454e as well, taht would be great. Thanks in advance.

Happy to help drop us an email

www.copierfirmware.co.uk (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk/)

eli
05-03-2020, 12:40 AM
Other than that not much.

Admin pass is set to default which is ok but setting is missing in http.

How do I set the HDD? Through service menu?

eli
05-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Decided not to clear data. Will start a new thread regarding a fax issue.

Custom Search