PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C4050i - Buying Advice

Custom Search

mkonkelz
05-02-2020, 03:22 PM
Hello everyone,

i am thinking about getting a new Bizhub C4050i soon and have some questions regarding this system:

- Do the Toner Cartridges, Image Units, Transfer Belt, etc. have a definite amount of pages (Pagecounter) after which the machine will stop working?
E.g. for an Image Unit specified with 50k pages the machine will stop after 50k and i have to replace the unit?

- How does the UK-P19 double feed detection work? Ultrasonic? Is it for the ADF (i assume) or the paper tray?

- Is there anything special i need to know about this system?

Thank you :)

Synthohol
05-02-2020, 04:08 PM
i sent you a PM.

Bix
05-04-2020, 10:41 AM
Hi, this printer is really good but I give you some advice:

1. Make sure the production is recent. There have been some tricks on some hardware components
2. The printer does not lock when supplies run out.
3. The sensor stops scanning if it detects more than one sheet passing through the scanner.

mkonkelz
05-04-2020, 03:25 PM
Hi, this printer is really good but I give you some advice:

1. Make sure the production is recent. There have been some tricks on some hardware components
2. The printer does not lock when supplies run out.
3. The sensor stops scanning if it detects more than one sheet passing through the scanner.

Thank you very much for the information.

What du you mean with recent production?
I want to buy a new Machine. What should be the date of production? Late 2019? 2020?

Do you know anything about ongoing product discounts here in Germany from KM for the C4050i
Anything planned for the near future or this year?
Maybe i`ll also need a C300i. Are there any promotions or discounts on this one?

Would be also interesting if there is a price list out there for the available options.

Bix
05-04-2020, 03:46 PM
Hi, I mean the month/year of manufacture.
In any case, I will leave you the contact details of Konica Minolta Germany which will assign you to the nearest dealer/retailer.

Telefon: 0511 / 7404 0 (tel:004951174040)
Fax: 0511 / 74 10 50
E-Mail: info@konicaminolta.de

You could consider an all inclusive rental solution. This way you can pay a fixed installment and get toner, assistance, etc. by Konica Minolta.

Bix
05-04-2020, 03:51 PM
In any case, if you have the economic availability, take a C250i/C300i. You can manage multiple paper sizes and maintenance is much easier

mkonkelz
05-04-2020, 04:06 PM
Hi, I mean the month/year of manufacture.
In any case, I will leave you the contact details of Konica Minolta Germany which will assign you to the nearest dealer/retailer.

Telefon: 0511 / 7404 0 (tel:004951174040)
Fax: 0511 / 74 10 50
E-Mail: info@konicaminolta.de

You could consider an all inclusive rental solution. This way you can pay a fixed installment and get toner, assistance, etc. by Konica Minolta.

Thank you.

I am more a "buy" person. So I`d like to buy the Machine (no leasing or rental).

Do you know if there are good discounts (in general) at the moment?

Also i am not sure about the C300i maybe with a good deal, but it won`t replace the C4050i because the space for this machine is limited and it will be only used for a small amount of print and scan jobs.

The C300i would be for another place where i have more space and a higher print volume, but also only A4.

Bix
05-04-2020, 04:23 PM
I recommend the C250i, it costs something less than the C300i. Yes, you have always printed on A4 but in the future you may decide to also print on A3.There were some discounts at the official launch last year but now with the emergency in progress you will hardly find advantageous discounts.

I recommend you a C250i because it also has a much easier maintenance than an A4 printer. Especially for the replacement of drums that does not require a technician to do it.

mkonkelz
05-06-2020, 10:51 AM
I was looking for Toner Cartridges for the C4050i and found that there are different ones out there...

e.g. TN-P79K or TN-P81K

and for IUs: IU-P35K and IU-P36K

Is there a difference? Can i use both of them in the 4050i?

I assume the 79 and 35 ones are for the 3350i and 4050i (MFP) and the 81 and 36 are for the 3300i and 4000i (Printers) but i thought that both Systems had the same consumables?

Bix
05-06-2020, 11:03 AM
I am not sure, however, often when they have different serial numbers but they are the same product because one product is new while the other comes from a recovery. It could also be a difference of place of origin

mkonkelz
05-07-2020, 06:27 PM
Okay, now i am one step further...

I am getting offers for C300i Machines and they are not that bad actually. So I`m thinking about getting a C300i.

From my old days as a technician i know that some manufacturers offer maintenance kits for imaging units and transfer belts, that i can equip my used imaging unit with a new drum, new strippers, new charging corona etc for much lower cost than changing out the complete unit.

Are there such kits for Konica Minolta in general and for this system (C300i/C360i) in special?
And if so, do you think the dealers are willing to sell me these kits?

I am planning in buying the system new without any installtion and do installation and maintenance my self.

Edit: And maybe someone from the moderators team can change my topic name to C4050i and C300i buying advice or something like that :D

Bix
05-08-2020, 07:47 AM
For now, Konica Minolta for some time only provides the single block. So you can't buy individual drum parts, transfer belts etc. unless you contact suppliers who do this.

But considering the time you would spend to rebuild your consumable, it is better to have the single block ready. The costs are not that high since they are now expected to last longer than the old series.

Custom Search