PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C300i - excessive toner consumption

Custom Search

DiVallelunga_Makhymo
05-06-2020, 08:05 AM
hi, we have a Konica Minolta C300i under repair, the MFP has less than 30,000 pages and has already changed 6 black toners, 2 for each color and as many toner boxes. Do you have any idea why this excessive toner consumption?
P.s I updated the sign to version G00-79.

Thanks.:D

tsbservice
05-06-2020, 08:42 AM
Never seen nor hear this.
Drums erase led strips working? CQ problems?
Obviously for some reason toner is going in WTB abnormally fast.
Bad high voltage pcb also come in mind.
Good luck and please definitely post outcome here.

Bix
05-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Hi, I advise you to view the voltage values within the Service Mode.

emujo2
05-06-2020, 01:23 PM
you should be getting 28 k per bottle..based on 8x11 1 sided, 6% fill. Enable the coverage counter detail and run for some time period ..Check to see if your toner coverage is in excess of 30 -35%..E

Haaland
12-15-2020, 08:09 AM
Any solution on this one? customer of mine is reporting the same problem.

Bix
12-15-2020, 08:24 AM

Hi, have you updated the firmware to G00-B6?
At what level is the TCR?
What have you already analyzed / replaced?

Haaland
12-15-2020, 08:57 AM
Just arrived, firmware is 7B, and will be updated now.
TCR is between 4.7 and 4.8 at color and 6.03 at black.
Manual is saying between 4 and 7% should be okay for black
Table No. is also at spec.

Bix
12-15-2020, 09:06 AM
There is something wrong with the TCR. It should be about 6%. If I'm not wrong, you can add toner in the service mode. In the technical course I was suggested to do an image stability initialization and to perform calibration until TCR rises to 6%.

Haaland
12-15-2020, 09:14 AM
I forgot to mention, unlike DiVallelunga_Makhymo, this machine is only having problem with black toner, so im not so worried about the colors.
but i will try do a image stability initialization, just in case.

copier tech
12-15-2020, 10:09 AM

There have been a few bulletins for this model, your issue may relate to the one below. Basically they've added a new toner agitation feature.

tsbservice
12-15-2020, 04:10 PM
There have been a few bulletins for this model, your issue may relate to the one below. Basically they've added a new toner agitation feature.

This isn't for C300i series. Anyway Haaland didn't mention machine model so we can only guess.

tsbservice
12-15-2020, 04:32 PM
Just arrived, firmware is 7B, and will be updated now.
TCR is between 4.7 and 4.8 at color and 6.03 at black.
Manual is saying between 4 and 7% should be okay for black
Table No. is also at spec.

What model? Those color TCRs are too low for C300i series.
Should be:
5.5% (black) 4.0%-7.0%
6.5% (magenta) 5.0%-8.0%
7.0% (cyan/yellow) 5.5%-8.5%

The only TCR value within specs is black.
​Any anomalies on test prints?

Haaland
12-15-2020, 06:54 PM
No issue with print quality, and yes, its a C300i-sieres, or a C250i to be specific.
What i did earlier today was to take out the HV-board and check all the connections, and also clean them with alcohol, as well as the connectors between the machine and drums.
I know there has been some issues similar on the C3350i and most of the time on that model it was enough to clean connectors.
Customer is informed and will contact me if they need a new toner after short time, too bad they just replaced the black toner, so it might take a while.
My plan B i to replace the HV-board.
I will also compare the TCR with another machine tomorrow morning, i have a feeling that this is HV-related and not TCR, but i cant know for sure.

EDIT:
Machine is also connected to CSRC, today the counter was at 6600 copies, i will probably check the counter in csrc after a while and then visit them and check the toner, if the toner is only half full after 1000 copies, i know the issue is not solved.

tsbservice
12-15-2020, 07:23 PM
No issue with print quality, and yes, its a C300i-sieres, or a C250i to be specific.
What i did earlier today was to take out the HV-board and check all the connections, and also clean them with alcohol, as well as the connectors between the machine and drums.
I know there has been some issues similar on the C3350i and most of the time on that model it was enough to clean connectors.
Customer is informed and will contact me if they need a new toner after short time, too bad they just replaced the black toner, so it might take a while.
My plan B i to replace the HV-board.
I will also compare the TCR with another machine tomorrow morning, i have a feeling that this is HV-related and not TCR, but i cant know for sure.

EDIT:
Machine is also connected to CSRC, today the counter was at 6600 copies, i will probably check the counter in csrc after a while and then visit them and check the toner, if the toner is only half full after 1000 copies, i know the issue is not solved.

Have them to save "empty" toners. Are they really empty or machine has another problem and just false report toner empty and tricks customers to change over and over full cartridges.
Print MML list and upload here. What about WTB? This quantity toner cannot disappear just like that. It must be in WTB or in 'empty' cartridges.

Haaland
12-15-2020, 07:33 PM
I did export the MML to usb before i left, i can check when i get back to the office tomorrow.
Most of the time toner is ordered by the machine it self via csrc, i can also check how many toner and WTB that we have sent them.

rolls.bo
12-15-2020, 08:35 PM
Hi everyone, I recommend updating the FW, here in Italy the E9 version is available, certainly not bad

Haaland
12-18-2020, 01:28 PM
Sorry for the late answer, the MML is at the link here: MML.rar - Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GmC81PfvAeCuab-IBA379_Lah8ElZWuf/view?usp=sharing)
I checked our demo machine (C300i) and TCR is at 7.0 to 7.2 on colors, and 6.36 at black, so now im starting to think TCR over HV-board...

I checked for the E9 firmware, but its not out in Norway yet, might be able to get the firmware, but probably not with Norwegian language.
Would you mind sending the release note? always curious what's new =)

Haaland
12-18-2020, 01:42 PM
I didn't find E9 firmware, but i found G00-D0, released two days ago.

tsbservice
12-18-2020, 03:18 PM
From reading your MML it appears machine had several errors leading to CPU and BASE boards. Moreover your machine has made incredible amount of stabilizations and they do eat toner. Our machine with double counter of your has Stabilization,Processing time,,57 and yours Stabilization,Processing time,,5614.
Maybe faulty temp/humidity sensor false readings lead machine to perform stabilizations over and over. Check readings from service mode.

allan
12-18-2020, 06:40 PM
Did you get your info for toners used from the management list?
On the list you will find new article detection for the toners.

Is this a contract machine with toners included?
High coverage prints?

Toner does not need to go thru the machine to vanish.

rolls.bo
12-19-2020, 05:15 PM
search BT2012139EN I don't have the English version but in Italian.
The document talks about the problem with the temperature sensor that can give various problems, maybe it can concern you

allan
12-19-2020, 05:22 PM
search BT2012139EN I don't have the English version but in Italian.
The document talks about the problem with the temperature sensor that can give various problems, maybe it can concern you

Do you mean the environmental sensor?
Wonder what the prints must look like or rather feel like staked with that much toner.
Or the waste box must be filling up at a pace.

rolls.bo
12-19-2020, 05:39 PM
yes the temperature sensor .............. if in:
Service Mode / State confirmation / Temp / Humidity / Atmospheric pressure.
the temperature is zero replace the temperature sensor

tsbservice
12-19-2020, 05:49 PM
Do you mean the environmental sensor?
Wonder what the prints must look like or rather feel like staked with that much toner.
Or the waste box must be filling up at a pace.

My guess based on MML lists was that his machine was doing so many image stabilizations which in turn slowly but constantly empty toners right into WTB. My first action on such a machine would be checking it. At 6k counter waste toner should weigh very little not a brick.

rolls.bo
12-19-2020, 05:57 PM
you're right I think like you.
in the c3350i series, with early firmware there was this problem of high toner waste, but here I believe there is an electronic or sensor problem not working properly.

blackcat4866
12-19-2020, 06:01 PM
From reading your MML it appears machine had several errors leading to CPU and BASE boards. Moreover your machine has made incredible amount of stabilizations and they do eat toner. Our machine with double counter of your has Stabilization,Processing time,,57 and yours Stabilization,Processing time,,5614.
Maybe faulty temp/humidity sensor false readings lead machine to perform stabilizations over and over. Check readings from service mode.

I've seen this sort of thing on other brands when the MFP is placed near an exterior door. Each time the door opens the temperature drops (winter temperatures), machine stabilizes.

CP-1015
12-21-2020, 02:46 PM
Do you have much C2552/4/6/8? Defektiv Developer chip.

Custom Search