PDA

View Full Version : C224 - Fuser error by printing many pages

Custom Search

Knut32
05-06-2020, 08:52 AM
Hello,

I have a C224 here. If you print many pages, a paper jam occurs. On the display I get the error message:
"Caution, fuser unit is extremely hot."

So I assume there's a problem with the unit.
Does it need to be replaced? Or is it enough to lower the fuser temperature in the service menu by 5 degrees?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo,

ich habe hier einen C224. Wenn man viele Seiten druckt kommt es zu einem Papierstau. Auf dem Display erhalte ich die Fehlermeldung:
"Vorsicht, Fixiereinheit ist extrem heiß."

Ich gehe also davon aus das es ein Problem mit der Einheit gibt.
Muss diese ersetzt werden? Oder reicht es wenn ich im Servicemenu die Fusertemperatur um 5 Grad senke?

Bix
05-06-2020, 10:04 AM
Hi, what is the counter of this MFP?
What maintenance has been carried out?

tsbservice
05-06-2020, 10:06 AM
This is just warning message for customers to pay attention when remove paper from hot fuser.

Regarding paper jams. Switch to another paper tray. If it works you will need to change tray 1 rollers and one ways.
Good idea to post some pictures but in the future please remember to mention:
1. Machine total counter
2. Consumable parts life - via Utility button
3. In your case trays rollers life can be found in service mode life counts.
4. Actual jam code(when talking about paper jams), in your case it's 11-02

P.S.
I'm sure another techs here would come with another good ideas, just start with simplest :)

GIUBOSS
05-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Hello,

I have a C224 here. If you print many pages, a paper jam occurs. On the display I get the error message:

Does it need to be replaced? Or is it enough to lower the fuser temperature in the service menu by 5 degrees?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo,

ich habe hier einen C224. Wenn man viele Seiten druckt kommt es zu einem Papierstau. Auf dem Display erhalte ich die Fehlermeldung:

Muss diese ersetzt werden? Oder reicht es wenn ich im Servicemenu die Fusertemperatur um 5 Grad senke?

Replace the 3 paper rollers, in the first photo you can see that they are old.

Knut32
05-06-2020, 03:07 PM
Replace the 3 paper rollers, in the first photo you can see that they are old.

Do you mean the two gray rollers at the bottom and the one under the white rollers?

Bix
05-06-2020, 03:40 PM
Can I know if you are a technician or an end customer? So we try to help you based on your knowledge. I advise you to contact a German technician.
If the printer has been standing still for some time, the paper may have become damp or the rollers are no longer efficient.

In the bizhub c224 there should be 3 red rollers all the same if you have never changed them or 1 gray rollers + 2 red ones. You then see them on the right, removing the trayers(there is a stopper to be removed on the left side to extract the trayers). If worn, replace them or try cleaning them with isopropyl alcohol.

It is often necessary to clean the gray rollers that you find shortly after the trayer comes out, by opening the right door of the printer.

byronf
05-06-2020, 04:02 PM
Can I know if you are a technician or an end customer? So we try to help you based on your knowledge. I advise you to contact a German technician.
If the printer has been standing still for some time, the paper may have become damp or the rollers are no longer efficient..

In the bizhub c224 there should be 3 red rollers all the same if you have never changed them or 1 gray rollers + 2 red ones. You then see them on the right, removing the trayers(there is a stopper to be removed on the left side to extract the trayers). If worn, replace them or try cleaning them with isopropyl alcohol.

It is often necessary to clean the gray rollers that you find shortly after the trayer comes out, by opening the right door of the printer.

Hi Bix 100% correct..
. Jam code 11-02 tray 1 is the issue and not the fuser.
"Fuser extremely hot" is not an error but serves as a precaution to the client or user where a jam occurs to proceed with caution.
Trouble shoot jam code as per Bix.

mga
05-06-2020, 05:56 PM
Hello,

Hallo,

These are the rollers you need very common fault easy to change but all service work should be carried out by trained service engineers good luck.
A00J563600 Roller x2
A5C1562200 x1 pick up roller

Knut32
05-07-2020, 07:34 AM
I am an end customer and thank you very much for your help. So i will replace the rollers. :D

femaster
05-09-2020, 08:23 PM
I am an end customer and thank you very much for your help. So i will replace the rollers. :D

You should also use something like a scotch bright pad to scuff up the metal shaft of the first 2 tires (side where both tires are right next to each other). You will remove small white clips, then you can slide the tires off. Once you remove the tires (usually a grey and a red one), each mates up with a black piece containing something called a one-way bearing. The shaft under this gets really smooth and eventually the bearing can no longer grip the shaft properly, and this will also result in paper jams like you are having. In the attached image, I have circled, in yellow, the tires that need to be replaced (I've never had to replace to the grey ribbed tire, even on machine over a million pages). I've circled the one-way bearings in green. Slide them off and just scuff the metal shaft up under these. Should be something semi-abrasive, but not excessively. Don't use sandpaper of similar, you don't want to gouge the shaft up, just abrade it slightly so the bearing can grip it.

Knut32
05-11-2020, 12:07 PM
You should also use something like a scotch bright pad to scuff up the metal shaft of the first 2 tires (side where both tires are right next to each other). You will remove small white clips, then you can slide the tires off. Once you remove the tires (usually a grey and a red one), each mates up with a black piece containing something called a one-way bearing. The shaft under this gets really smooth and eventually the bearing can no longer grip the shaft properly, and this will also result in paper jams like you are having. In the attached image, I have circled, in yellow, the tires that need to be replaced (I've never had to replace to the grey ribbed tire, even on machine over a million pages). I've circled the one-way bearings in green. Slide them off and just scuff the metal shaft up under these. Should be something semi-abrasive, but not excessively. Don't use sandpaper of similar, you don't want to gouge the shaft up, just abrade it slightly so the bearing can grip it.

Thank you very much for the help and the great explanation. ;)

Custom Search