PDA

View Full Version : C224e - very bad print quality - Magenta is missing

Custom Search

Knut32
05-06-2020, 03:18 PM
Hello,

in appendix 2 pictures. As you can see the quality is very bad. In my opinion magenta is missing.

The drums and toner have already been changed.
The counter is about 200K prints.

The image units are at 90%. Still I think it's the image unit. What do you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo,

im Anhang 2 Bilder. Wie ihr sehen könnt ist die Qualität sehr schlecht. Meiner Meinung nach fehlt Magenta.

Die Trommeln und Toner wurden bereits gewechselt.
Der Zähler liegt bei knapp 200K Ausdrucken.

Die Bildeinheiten liegen bei 90%. Trotdem glaube ich es liegt an der Bildeinheit. Was meint ihr?

qbert69
05-06-2020, 03:25 PM
If no magenta toner is being put on the drum, then I guess you need to check your magenta developer unit?![emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Bix
05-06-2020, 03:33 PM
Hi, as we have already written to you, you need to provide more details about your problem:
- Total counter.
- Maintenance carried out.

In your case you have replaced the toners and drums (why the toner?)
Take a look at the Magenta development unit and check the status of the transfer belt.

Keep us updated

See you soon
bix

byronf
05-06-2020, 03:52 PM
Hello,

in appendix 2 pictures. As you can see the quality is very bad. In my opinion magenta is missing.

The image units are at 90%. Still I think it's the image unit. What do you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo,

im Anhang 2 Bilder. Wie ihr sehen könnt ist die Qualität sehr schlecht. Meiner Meinung nach fehlt Magenta.

Die Bildeinheiten liegen bei 90%. Trotdem glaube ich es liegt an der Bildeinheit. Was meint ihr?

Hi,

After assessing the demo page I see the screw affect on the magenta. This confirms that you Mangenta developer has depleted.
You will have to change it and troubleshoot. This is normally caused by soiling charger grids, however you did mention that the drums are changed.

Once you have changed the developer unit.
Service Mode - image process adjust - stabilize and run stabilize only, stop the machine in the middle of stabilize by opening the front door. Pull out the drums and inspect for developer and let us know.

mga
05-06-2020, 06:02 PM
Hello,

Hallo,

This will new magenta development unit. This happens when engineers don't replace pcu's and dev units when due they rechip.

copyman
05-06-2020, 07:41 PM
Like others said the developer had dumped. A lot of posts on this forum about this issue. This happens from overlife drums shorting out. Could be other overlife consumables but usually the drum. Change both the mag drum & developer at same time. keep in mind as I've posted many times "ANY drum can cause ANY developer to crash & dump". So look for other over life drums and replace as needed.

emujo2
05-06-2020, 08:07 PM
This will new magenta development unit. This happens when engineers don't replace pcu's and dev units when due they rechip.

No sir, if this was true, every single device that went past its rated life would do the same thing, in many cases the developer itself (or the control features of the MFP) are at fault...There are some cases that are caused by poor maintenance, but this is the exception versus the underlying cause. In so many of these machines the consumables run well past their stated life spans, many get 150% and higher. When these eventually fail we replace them. We do not re chip anything and we still get failures on some at less than 10% life. It is pretty expensive to replace these consumables just because they have hit some number. How many times have you let your fridge water filter go way past the blinking warning message???

copyman
05-07-2020, 01:02 AM
No sir, if this was true, every single device that went past its rated life would do the same thing, in many cases the developer itself (or the control features of the MFP) are at fault...There are some cases that are caused by poor maintenance, but this is the exception versus the underlying cause. In so many of these machines the consumables run well past their stated life spans, many get 150% and higher. When these eventually fail we replace them. We do not re chip anything and we still get failures on some at less than 10% life. It is pretty expensive to replace these consumables just because they have hit some number. How many times have you let your fridge water filter go way past the blinking warning message???

Agree well worth running drums past life. If it dumps once no big deal, you are still way ahead of the game with not buying drums. Easy to just replace drums as soon as called for when working for the OEM or a dealer but us small companies have to find ways to make a profit!
Personally I don't chip a used drum, I just turn off messages and let it run until machine gets lines and then replace only that color drum. I use aftermarket drums I rebuild with new grid & sawtooth. "If" it dumps and can't bring developer unit back I replace with new less expensive OEM black dev unit for any color. There is a procedure I posted on this forum how to convert black DV to color. No way in hell I'm spending $600 for a color DV unit!

Knut32
05-07-2020, 07:41 AM
Thanks for your help.
So as I thought, the processing unit needs to be replaced ;)

emujo2
05-07-2020, 01:35 PM
I remember and loved the days when you could replace a drum, or a corona, or a x-fer belt, or a lower fuser roller..The new modular philosophy is very expensive, and techs seem to not really think about how much they are spending when they drop that 3rd developer unit in 6K copies. No one wants to take the time to find out why this is happening, just pop a new unit in. E

copyman
05-07-2020, 06:05 PM
I remember and loved the days when you could replace a drum, or a corona, or a x-fer belt, or a lower fuser roller..The new modular philosophy is very expensive, and techs seem to not really think about how much they are spending when they drop that 3rd developer unit in 6K copies. No one wants to take the time to find out why this is happening, just pop a new unit in. E

The thing I really miss is not being able to rebuild fusers or replace the UFR "onsite"

I'm ok with the drums & developer units being seperate, way better than a whole image unit (C253, etc). And to the point especially since you can't run consumables past their life. If you don't want to be too greedy and make note to replace the overlife drums at a certain point the dev units will never crash and will get 1 mil+ out of them. Of course as long as OEM toners are being used.

Bottom line is, no matter what the type or cost of consumables are, every OEM follows the same formula, 1 cent for B&W and 6 cent for Color, 8.5x11 inch paper with 6 % coverage. Not sure why the OEM's have used this nonsense formula since beginning of copiers! It's not realistic.

jwai
05-07-2020, 06:22 PM
replace PWB-HV, and take toner supply on service mode.
( may need to replace M developing unit too )

Phil B.
05-07-2020, 06:51 PM

this is not just in copier tech world. The WHOLE world has resolved itself to a " throw away " society. Along with that is the " non-thinking " when it comes to find out WHY there is a particular problem. Cars - PC's - Copiers - Medical ( most medicines are poison ) - Education... you name it ..you will find it.

Sad to see quite a few folks can't even change their oil/belts/tires on their cars. :(

tsbservice
05-07-2020, 06:59 PM
The thing I really miss is not being able to rebuild fusers or replace the UFR "onsite"

I'm ok with the drums & developer units being seperate, way better than a whole image unit (C253, etc). And to the point especially since you can't run consumables past their life. If you don't want to be too greedy and make note to replace the overlife drums at a certain point the dev units will never crash and will get 1 mil+ out of them. Of course as long as OEM toners are being used.

Bottom line is, no matter what the type or cost of consumables are, every OEM follows the same formula, 1 cent for B&W and 6 cent for Color, 8.5x11 inch paper with 6 % coverage. Not sure why the OEM's have used this nonsense formula since beginning of copiers! It's not realistic.

Not missing that a beat. Doing dirty developer units maintenance with leaking seals and worn mixer shafts - no Thanks. Constantly rebuilding Fusers - no Thanks. Maybe will like rebuild some drum units, another messy job but not sure. As long as KM whole units are reaching their quoted big life they are perfect for me.
Plus doing only PM parts left many other service parts unchanged ie. fuser bearings, developer unit bushings, stipped gears and many others. I don't even mention the time tech lost when replacing numerous PM parts. That said one can always do additional big saves by rebuild whole unit with cheep Chinese parts on his own.

emujo2
05-07-2020, 08:54 PM
I'm right there with you as long as the units reach their life span, but in too many cases we get a fuser that's supposed to last 1.5 m go 300K, developers that should go 600K dump after 10K copies. I would very much like to add fresh developer after I determine what went wrong, or just to test. We had one that the techs went through 3 brand new dev units because everytime they thought they had it (cleaned ducts, replaced HVT and terminals) it would suck the dev down in 100 copies, then they replaced the front board and hopper, again 100 copies, sucked down the dev. I would just like to replace a bad UFR or add dev..E

jpablo_mza
05-14-2020, 07:44 AM
Hello, I am very interested in the comments about converting the dv units from black to color. But I can't find the thread, would you like to tell me about the process? Thank you very much

Custom Search