PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub 4050

Custom Search

bcopier2815
05-06-2020, 07:12 PM
I am a Kyocera Tech, but have a Konica Bizhub 4050 in one of my accounts. It has locked up the screen. I have tried reboot, unhooked from network, disconnected HDD, removed drum and toner, but no help. Any Ideas? I have added a pic of the display.
Thanks

emujo2
05-06-2020, 09:03 PM
This can also be caused by a corrupt print job sitting in the print queue..Leave the machine powered up and the network cable installed. Hopefully this is a printer on a server and not 50 individual users, but open the print queue and delete any jobs that may be sitting and waiting..E

copier tech
05-06-2020, 09:07 PM
I am a Kyocera Tech, but have a Konica Bizhub 4050 in one of my accounts. It has locked up the screen. I have tried reboot, unhooked from network, disconnected HDD, removed drum and toner, but no help. Any Ideas? I have added a pic of the display.
Thanks

Try re flashing the firmware looks like its stuck on a corrupt boot up.

Bix
05-07-2020, 03:22 PM
This freeze is very abnormal because there are overlapping frames.
I have had several bizhub 4050 with a defective screen, but usually the touch did not work.

Try to dismantle and reattach the monitor. The procedure is very simple:1. Open the black cover on the left side.
2. Lift display.
3. Release dsiplay from clip.
4. Remove the white cover and unscrew the cable.

Also try to rewrite the firmware and let us know the outcome.

CompyTech
05-08-2020, 03:17 PM
This freeze is very abnormal because there are overlapping frames.
I have had several bizhub 4050 with a defective screen, but usually the touch did not work.

Try to dismantle and reattach the monitor. The procedure is very simple:1. Open the black cover on the left side.
2. Lift display.
3. Release dsiplay from clip.
4. Remove the white cover and unscrew the cable.

Also try to rewrite the firmware and let us know the outcome.

I agree, could be the screen. Had one stop responding to touch, also had one that would never get past "initializing" displayed on screen. Unfortunately for this model you need the screen to update firmware. Had to replace the main board.

bcopier2815
05-08-2020, 07:54 PM
I agree, could be the screen. Had one stop responding to touch, also had one that would never get past "initializing" displayed on screen. Unfortunately for this model you need the screen to update firmware. Had to replace the main board.

I have the manual and firmware, but cannot get into service mode without a working screen so no firmware upgrade unless I am missing a magic way to do it. On the Kyocera's you just put in USB and turn on. I'll try screen next week.

bcopier2815
05-11-2020, 04:48 PM
Left machine on over the weekend and came up with 4091(000.00) code so display is good, sounds like board is bricked

srvctec
05-11-2020, 05:32 PM
Left machine on over the weekend and came up with 4091(000.00) code so display is good, sounds like board is bricked

Or according to the SM could be something as simple as bad power at the wall outlet.

Custom Search