PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 808, J32-05 only on duplex

Custom Search

blackcat4866
05-09-2020, 02:32 AM
First time I've seen this:

Simplex prints fine. When duplexing the first three first-sides pass fine, but the first second-side snags in the inverter gate.

I'll skip the misadventures that led me to the right place. With the upper part of the right door removed (but the fans have to be plugged in or you get "An internal error has occurred ...") you can watch the operation of the inverter gate.

When the third first-side is passing the gate about halfway along the inverter gate should shift, to direct the first second-side to the exit. The inverter gate was lazy and shifted after the first second-side passed back into the duplex path for another image.

The return spring for the shift solenoid is kind-of unique ... it's not often that I can't find a suitable spring from my miscellany, but if you unhook the loop and hook two coils further in, the gate moves much more spritely. Just thought I'd share. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
05-09-2020, 05:25 AM
Some early 958 series machines had the flap adjusted incorrectly at the factory 5mm too low causing frequent duplex jams, most prevalent with damp paper.

You can compare the new assembly to the one from the machine to see the difference.

The stop position is adjustable and I've done it a few times with success. The first 958 i did it to is onto 2 million prints now and the first 758 is around the same. 808's were not sold in my region.

Custom Search