PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C253 RAM Replacement

Custom Search

donanton007
05-11-2020, 04:53 PM
Hi, I'm not a Tech.

I own a konica minolta c253 which recently have an issue with RAM , does any RAM which has same size and bus speed would sort the problem or are there any specific RAMs specially made for Photocopy Mechines like Konica?

What I have done so far,

1. Changed swop ram cards, where mechine starts as normal but keep freezing or print black particles while printing.

2. Since DDR 1 ram cards are hard to find these days, I found 2 256mb DDR1 cards from laptops and insert them to slot 1 and 2 . Mechine starts but screen wont come up. Blank screen.

What I've notice,

RAM slot 0 must need a RAM card to be installed all the time.

emujo2
05-11-2020, 05:05 PM
The RAM chips are not KM only..As long as you have the same specs you can use them..I would hate to try and find 256K chips any more though..E

donanton007
05-11-2020, 05:23 PM
The RAM chips are not KM only..As long as you have the same specs you can use them..I would hate to try and find 256K chips any more though..E

So I can use Laptop RAMs which meet the required specifications?

Will it work if I install a 1GB RAM insted of 512MB ? Slot 0 with 512MB and Slot 1 with 1GB. Will it work ?

copier tech
05-11-2020, 06:50 PM
Hi, I'm not a Tech.

I own a konica minolta c253 which recently have an issue with RAM , does any RAM which has same size and bus speed would sort the problem or are there any specific RAMs specially made for Photocopy Mechines like Konica?

What I have done so far,

1. Changed swop ram cards, where mechine starts as normal but keep freezing or print black particles while printing.

2. Since DDR 1 ram cards are hard to find these days, I found 2 256mb DDR1 cards from laptops and insert them to slot 1 and 2 . Mechine starts but screen wont come up. Blank screen.

What I've notice,

RAM slot 0 must need a RAM card to be installed all the time.

You say you are not a a tech. So why do you feel you have faulty RAM in the copier?

Say you fit the original RAM back in the machine & turn it on what happens?

donanton007
05-12-2020, 02:58 AM
You say you are not a a tech. So why do you feel you have faulty RAM in the copier?

Say you fit the original RAM back in the machine & turn it on what happens?

All I want to know, will the mechine works if you replace the rams with same bus speed laptop ddr1 ram? Will I be able to replace the faulty 512mb ram with 1gb ram? Will mechine read it as 512ram ? If so that's fine, coz it's hard to find 512rams.

copyman
05-12-2020, 03:48 AM
You can probably use any RAM with same specs but I've never had any luck with that on other models. I've worked on 100's of that model and maybe once did I have to replace RAM. The reason the other poster ask about what type of problem you are having is usually it's NOT the RAM. It's more likely the NVRAM, MFP, or something as simple as firmware.

copier tech
05-12-2020, 07:24 AM
All I want to know, will the mechine works if you replace the rams with same bus speed laptop ddr1 ram? Will I be able to replace the faulty 512mb ram with 1gb ram? Will mechine read it as 512ram ? If so that's fine, coz it's hard to find 512rams.

Yes you can if you use the same type. Its the same ram
you get in a PC. You can also use any HDD size.

Jumping Jack Flash
05-12-2020, 08:06 AM

Correct memory should be so-dimm SDR (SDRAM) 256mb 2XR8.
Another one will not work in this copier, so don't try with DDR.
All you need is one memory in slot 0.
The only question is why you change your memory.
Start with an funkcjonal memory SDRAM, and if it doesn't work call for support, let firmware upload.

donanton007
07-26-2020, 05:40 PM
I've tried with computer ram but didn't workout. finally i managed to find a copier ram with same bus speed it works fine now the copier works as it used to be.

make sure its is 333Mhz 512MB bus speed, it won't work for 400Mhz 512MB which comes with c353.

copyman
07-26-2020, 06:18 PM
I've tried with computer ram but didn't workout. finally i managed to find a copier ram with same bus speed it works fine now the copier works as it used to be.

make sure its is 333Mhz 512MB bus speed, it won't work for 400Mhz 512MB which comes with c353.

This is why several techs said you could use "exact" spec RAM. So bottom line is you were not using exact spec.

Not sure you will get much help here next time unless you make a small donation. Especially NON-techs should donate. The information they get here could save them a lot of money not having to call a tech!

Just saying.....

Synthohol
07-26-2020, 09:18 PM
Not sure you will get much help here next time unless you make a small donation. Especially NON-techs should donate
while i agree in some way for the longevity of this site, we dont want new members to feel extorted, rather its best they "bribe" our good will to get top tier help.

copyman
07-27-2020, 02:10 AM
while i agree in some way for the longevity of this site, we dont want new members to feel extorted, rather its best they "bribe" our good will to get top tier help.

I see your point but I only look at other technicians as members, not end users.

Heck it's no different than asking for a donation for a manual or firmware which is done here quite frequently. That could be looked at as selling / bribing copyrighted material.

truongxuananh
07-29-2020, 07:33 AM
You can probably use any RAM with same specs but I've never had any luck with that on other models. I've worked on 100's of that model and maybe once did I have to replace RAM. The reason the other poster ask about what type of problem you are having is usually it's NOT the RAM. It's more likely the NVRAM, MFP, or something as simple as firmware.

i thinks ,ram error the control panel can not light ,,,if control panel light i thinks another one , not ram

copier tech
07-29-2020, 10:03 AM
i thinks ,ram error the control panel can not light ,,,if control panel light i thinks another one , not ram

Why waste your time & money old such an old machine?

Have you got access to a dealer who can supply you a newer used machine, say a C224e series for example.

Custom Search