PDA

View Full Version : Electrical total counter changes

Custom Search

mike_hartung
05-11-2020, 06:27 PM
I have had the total counter change on two machines out in the field. One is a bizhub C308. The other is a Bizhub C454e. There was no warning or machine failure. We found out when the customer was called for their monthly meter counts for billing. The counts had changed by hundreds of thousands of copies. What was once a count of over 350,000 changed to just over 62,000. All counters both color, black, and total had changed. These changes have been verified by tech's visiting the customer offices and confirming. Has anybody else had this problem and what causes it and can anything be done about preventing it?

tsbservice
05-11-2020, 06:41 PM
This is disgusting problem. I have heard that failed battery backup can cause machine to lost some data including counters but on two machines? Are they at same customer?

mike_hartung
05-11-2020, 06:45 PM
This is disgusting problem. I have heard that failed battery backup can cause machine to lost some data including counters but on two machines? Are they at same customer?
different customers. One occurred shortly after install. The other customer has had their C454e for over two years now.

Bix
05-12-2020, 11:14 AM
It should go wrong. The data is not kept on a single card and synchronizations are made every hour. If synchronization does not match, the MFP fails.

Usually when something goes wrong, the change goes from zero pages to millions of pages. Are you sure someone isn't trying to change the counters?

In the case of the C454e, if I'm not mistaken, it still has the mechanical counter next to the toners.

tsbservice
05-12-2020, 11:58 AM
In case of C308, check in history for error C-D370.
Counters may be incorrect due to corrupt data in the eMMC board.
The Workaround would be:
1. Unset the HDD2.
Format the eMMC board ( Physical and then logical)
3. Set the HDD to Installed again

P.S
Probably same may happen in C454e if SSD data is corrupt...
Keep us informed

mike_hartung
05-13-2020, 03:01 PM
In case of C308, check in history for error C-D370.
Counters may be incorrect due to corrupt data in the eMMC board.
The Workaround would be:
1. Unset the HDD2.
Format the eMMC board ( Physical and then logical)
3. Set the HDD to Installed again

P.S
Probably same may happen in C454e if SSD data is corrupt...
Keep us informed
Would this procedure return the meter counts back to what they were before? Or just to prevent a reoccurrence?

tsbservice
05-13-2020, 03:46 PM
Would this procedure return the meter counts back to what they were before? Or just to prevent a reoccurrence?

Luckily I haven't had to do it yet. I think old counter is lost but to prevent future failures. Did the machines mismatch only total counter, what about parts counts or anything else?

mike_hartung
05-13-2020, 04:49 PM
I didn't think about the parts counters. I will have to check on those.

Jumping Jack Flash
05-13-2020, 05:34 PM
I didn't think about the parts counters. I will have to check on those.

Mike, this is not a forum where fairy tales are told

femaster
05-15-2020, 12:20 AM
Mike, this is not a forum where fairy tales are told

That seems a bit harsh for no good reason. :confused: Especially from someone who has been a member for nearly 11 years and has accumulated a whole 31 posts, most of which seem to have happened in the last couple days.

copyman
05-15-2020, 02:50 AM
That seems a bit harsh for no good reason. :confused: Especially from someone who has been a member for nearly 11 years and has accumulated a whole 31 posts, most of which seem to have happened in the last couple days.

Agree this wasn't necessary. Mike asked a good original question. And also man enough to admit he didn't think about checking the parts, etc counters.

Custom Search