PDA

View Full Version : C754 doc feeder guide miss reading

Custom Search

digicor
05-11-2020, 09:37 PM
The doc feeder in this c754 always says "miss match paper size" if you move the guide or even sneeze on it, then you have to carefully play with it to get it to read the 8.5 x 11,
is there an adjustment for this to re calibrate it? and make it stable?
thanks for any help

qbert69
05-11-2020, 10:38 PM
The doc feeder in this c754 always says "miss match paper size" if you move the guide or even sneeze on it, then you have to carefully play with it to get it to read the 8.5 x 11,
thanks for any helpIf you've ever set a new KM box up, they come with an A4 auto calibration sheet. If you had the sheet to calibrate with and it still didn't work, then there is a VR (Variable Resistor) underneath that would have to be replaced & then recalibrated!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

femaster
05-12-2020, 04:40 AM
thanks for any help

What have you tried so far?
Have you tried the Original Tray Width Adjustment in service mode? As a service tech, that would have been one of my first steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Service Mode
ADF
Original Tray Width

digicor
05-12-2020, 01:54 PM
Im sorry i apologize im not a KM tech ,Im a ricoh tech, i just obtained a client who has this machine i have manuals, but you guys are faster in some cases
Thanks for the insight

qbert69
05-12-2020, 02:09 PM
Im sorry i apologize im not a KM tech ,Im a ricoh tech, i just obtained a client who has this machine i have manuals, but you guys are faster in some cases
Thanks for the insightI used to work on Ricoh-Savin boxes!!!...I don't any more and sure glad I don't!!! I saw some *serious* design flaws that were not rectified through multiple iterations/models!!!...whereas with the Konica-Minolta boxes, certain things are designed quite well and quite often kept through multiple iterations/models of machines!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

femaster
05-15-2020, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the insight

Sorry if I came off a bit heavy handed there, wasn't my intention. Under your user name in the post it states Field Supervisor, but not of what brands. Since we were in the Konica area, I thought it seemed a bit odd that someone of such a rank in the group didn't know about something as simple as the width adjustment. Maybe a little snip-it in your signature line with your brand affiliation might eliminate any confusion in the future.

In any case, I hope you got the issue resolved with one of the offered solutions.

Custom Search