PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C300i - Buying Advice

Custom Search

mkonkelz
05-13-2020, 04:24 PM
After my other Thread "Bizhub C4050i - Buying Advice" i thought it would be good to make a new one specific for the C300i.

As of now i am planning on getting a C300i instead of the C4050i, but i have some questions left and hope you guys can help me to sort them out :)

My current configuration is the C300i + DF-714 Dual-Scan + DK-516K Base Cabinet (i decided to not get the Fax-Option FK-514 right now because it`s quite expensive and thinking about installing it later if needed).

Are there any other options i should get? I was thinking about the following:

- KP-102 Keypad (does it have the Start / Stop buttons? and is it useful and durable / robust , cause it`s attached to the display and i don`t want it to be wobbly)

- EK-608 USB-Hostboard (to maybe add a Keyboard later. Is this option useful for anything else?)

- UK-221 WiFi-Option (is this option useful for anything else than connecting the system to my local WiFi? The system will be integrated in my LAN via cable.)

- Maybe later LK-110v2 (The other options like 105v4 and 102v3 are included in this one, right? But still quite expensive :()

Is there anything i need to know about the C300i in general?
Do i need any other Options?
What is recommended?

I will just buy the system and will do the installation, calibration and maintenance by myself.

Thank you very much for any advice or information :)

tsbservice
05-13-2020, 07:03 PM
I guess you really have to start with for what purpose, environment, and volume machine will be used.
How many users, network setup should be considered also before we can start talking.
It's not that easy you know ;)

mkonkelz
05-13-2020, 07:29 PM
I guess you really have to start with for what purpose, environment, and volume machine will be used.
How many users, network setup should be considered also before we can start talking.
It's not that easy you know ;)

I am sure the C300i is a complete overkill for my needs. At first i wanted to just use the C4050i as MFP, but now decided to go for the C300i instead because of the better components, larger service intervals and more possibilities that it offers.

It serves as a Printer and Scanner for 2-3 people. Network is also pretty basic, nothing special here:
Servers for data and domain management, IP-Phones, some Switches for VLANs. Everything wired. I use WiFi, but just for Smartphones and Notebooks.
I also have some other Printers and an MFP (Print, Scan, Fax, Copy) in my Network.

So it`s only about the C300i itself, what should it have, what do i need to know before purchase... basically :D

tsbservice
05-13-2020, 07:51 PM
Basic engine plus DF and desk should be enough in your case. Dual scan DF if copying/scanning a lot of two sided originals. Anything else is optional and costs a lot so purchase basic and later you can add on if needed. No problem printing from Android and IPhone.

Bix
05-14-2020, 08:04 AM
I share the thought of my friend tsbservice.

Regarding the DF dual scan, I recommend you take it. Now the world is transforming and many more scans are being made.

The printer is very robust and I think you won't need keys and keyboards. For faxing, many people now use online faxing (similar to email), so a physical line is no longer needed. If I were you, I would buy it without optional (except the cabinet that you have already included, that is essential)

In the future you will be able to decide whether to buy LK licenses to integrate some services, but basically, the printer allows you to work equally well.

Enjoy!

mkonkelz
05-14-2020, 01:01 PM
Okay, so i can add on every option i mentioned later? The Keypad, the USB-Hostboard, the WiFi-Option, etc.?

Bix
05-14-2020, 01:41 PM
That's right, they are all optional that you can buy in the future.

mkonkelz
05-14-2020, 11:20 PM
Am i right, that the consumables will not stop the system after they have reached their end of life counter?
E.g. for drum units with a 100k max count. They will (in theory) continue to work forever?
Same for Developer, Transfer Belt, etc.?
Do these units have chips?

victor_jffrds
05-15-2020, 03:23 AM
It is always recommended to replace as needed but the turn off can be disabled during setup.

Bix
05-15-2020, 07:43 AM
Unless I missed something, iSeries also have NO STOP by default. So it will continue to work forever. But it is better to always carry out maintenance to avoid finding yourself in failure.

mkonkelz
05-15-2020, 08:26 AM
But it is better to always carry out maintenance to avoid finding yourself in failure.

Yes, I know and I will, but I don’t want the system to stop on a specific page count.
So that’s good News :)

tsbservice
05-15-2020, 08:37 AM
Yes, I know and I will, but I don’t want the system to stop on a specific page count.
So that’s good News :)
If you plan to service your future machine wise move would be to find Service manual and Parts List.

mkonkelz
05-15-2020, 09:17 AM
If you plan to service your future machine wise move would be to find Service manual and Parts List.

i already got them :)

tsbservice
05-15-2020, 09:32 AM
i already got them :)
Good job. As you are in Germany it may be easy to contact this fine Gentlemen in case of trouble:
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/bix.html

rrrohan
05-15-2020, 03:50 PM
what part of the LK102v2 do you want to use.

OCR? Because I always suggest software OCR instead.

mkonkelz
05-15-2020, 04:32 PM
what part of the LK102v2 do you want to use.

OCR? Because I always suggest software OCR instead.

Yes, for OCR and Scan to DOCX and XLSX. I have a software solution, but it would be also great if the System would support that natively.
I know, that the process would be slower than my software solution, but for small scan jobs it would be handy to have.
I won`t order it right now. Maybe later as an upgrade if needed.

mkonkelz
06-05-2020, 11:15 PM
Today was the day! My brand new C300i was delivered, but my joy did not last very long!

As it seems my KM dealer changed all the important passwords. CE and also the Admin password :mad:

I told them i would do all the maintenance by myself. The system is bought (no maintenance contract or leasing) and they were / are completely fine with that.
They are also going to provide me any spare parts from the parts manual if i need some.
Maybe it was a mistake by the technician who did the initial setup / installation, but now i can`t do any configuration that was planned for this weekend to start with this machine on monday morning.

Is there a way to reset the passwords or restore the system to factory default?

tsbservice
06-06-2020, 12:28 PM
Today was the day! My brand new C300i was delivered, but my joy did not last very long!

As it seems my KM dealer changed all the important passwords. CE and also the Admin password :mad:

I told them i would do all the maintenance by myself. The system is bought (no maintenance contract or leasing) and they were / are completely fine with that.
They are also going to provide me any spare parts from the parts manual if i need some.
Maybe it was a mistake by the technician who did the initial setup / installation, but now i can`t do any configuration that was planned for this weekend to start with this machine on monday morning.

No. Ask them for CE password, then you can change Admin to what you want.

Bix
06-08-2020, 08:00 AM
This is absurd! If you don't have a support contract with them, they must give you all the passwords! They must provide you with at least the EC password (with this you can reset the Admin password).

During installation the C300i does not require you to change the CE password. So this was voluntary on their part.

rrrohan
06-08-2020, 11:38 AM
maybe when they did runup the tech set all passwords out of habit

tsbservice
06-08-2020, 05:18 PM

Do you plan to use Warranty, in example case of board failure? Because it can be tricky when you're self servicing machine.
Did they send machine pre-installed to you because then maybe rrohan can be right about passwords they've change.

mkonkelz
06-08-2020, 05:28 PM
Today i gave them a call and talked to a technician. It was a mistake on their part, the tec who did the install set the passwords to their standard, because normally they don`t sell this machines and they all have service or maintenance contracts. So he set up the passwords out of habbit.

They instantly gave me the passwords, no arguing was necessary.

So i am currently doing the installation and setup and the first questions arise:

Is there a new Firmware available?
Currently it`s running on Version AA2J0Y0-0100-G00-7B(00)
Function Version: 1.0

Can someone (maybe @Bix :D) provide me the current version?
Is there anything special that i need to know about the upgrade process? Things i need to consider or need to know?
Are there special versions for different installed options or is there always one version including alle options?

ACS Mode
I saw that ACS is deactivated by default. Are there any disadvantages in enabling it?
I would prioritize longevity over print speed.

System Auto Reset
Currently i am using the Classic Mode and want to set the default menu to scan or home screen. But when i start the system it always jumps right into the copy mode.
If i set System Auto reset to 1 minute it will switch to scan after that minute, but won`t start in scan mode if the system is rebooted.
When i enable the new Basic Mode it will start in scan mode as intended, but not in Classic Mode.

1-Click Copy / Scan
Is it possible to configure a 1-Click Copy or Scan?
I have setup copy and scan programs and made a shortcut on the homescreen. I would like to start the copy / scan immediately when clicking on the shortcut.

SMB File Naming Issue
When scanning to SMB the system gives the file an automated name (date + time + etc.) can i make custom names e.g. File Name 08.06.2020 6:00.pdf instead of File Name_3847834784738.pdf?
And when i assign a file name to a scan program e.g. Scan Programm "Contracts" giving the file the name "Contracts" it will assign it rightly, but if i do the next "Contracts" Scan it will overwrite the old file with the new one.
I would like to assign a numbering scheme to the file names. E.g. Contract 1, Contract 2, Contract 3, and so on. I tried the "automatic renaming setting" but this will just add the default file name like ContractSkmscan_23450827435.pdf

General things to consider?
Are there general things i need to consider or should configure in the settings or service menu?
What should be enabled or disabled from the default settings?

Thank you all for helping me out and providing useful information so far.
You guys are awesome :)

mkonkelz
06-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Do you plan to use Warranty, in example case of board failure? Because it can be tricky when you're self servicing machine.
Did they send machine pre-installed to you because then maybe rrohan can be right about passwords they've change.

Yes, if something breaks i will use the warranty. I spoke to KM before buying. This should be no problem.
I also can call the dealer at any time, they promised to help me out if something goes wrong.

It was exactly as you and rrohan mentioned. They did it out of habit.
I got the machine pre-installed, ready to use.

Custom Search