PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having Bizhub Secure issues?

Custom Search

MatthewLott
05-13-2020, 10:19 PM
Hello all,
Anyone else having Bizhub Secure issues?
I feel like over the last couple of months weve had an issue with Bizhub Secure.
Once you go into storage management setting, HDD encryption settings, and put in your 20 digit number x 2.
Then prompts you to turn off/on machine.
Upon turning machine back on, it loads up then prompts you to either "format" or "reset encryption passkey", where you press format.
After the format phase it should prompt you to off/on machine, but here lately ours have been auto rebooting, and asking for "format" or "reset encryption passkey".
It seems like after the 3rd or 4th time it finally grabs.
Any suggestions? This used to be a simple process, but now is becoming a headache.

Thanks in advance.

ps. I havent figured out if its just the 8e series or not.. but for sure its the 8e.

qbert69
05-14-2020, 12:23 AM
Hello all,
Anyone else having Bizhub Secure issues?
I feel like over the last couple of months weve had an issue with Bizhub Secure.
Once you go into storage management setting, HDD encryption settings, and put in your 20 digit number x 2.
Then prompts you to turn off/on machine.
Upon turning machine back on, it loads up then prompts you to either "format" or "reset encryption passkey", where you press format.
After the format phase it should prompt you to off/on machine, but here lately ours have been auto rebooting, and asking for "format" or "reset encryption passkey".
It seems like after the 3rd or 4th time it finally grabs.
Any suggestions? This used to be a simple process, but now is becoming a headache.

Thanks in advance.

ps. I havent figured out if its just the 8e series or not.. but for sure its the 8e.I had to do a BH 4752 Desktop machine today...I didn't have the issue that you mentioned!!! I do find the process to be quite a PITA though!!! Would be nice if they would design it so with the flatbed scanner so that you could generate a QR Code, say on your phone screen, lay it down on the glass and the machine would scan it for input!!! Would make it a heck of a lot easier for those prone to fat fingering keyboards!!![emoji1787][emoji23][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Woxner
05-14-2020, 01:45 AM
make sure market place is off sw 172 set to1. also have the lateset firmware. make sure its off in admin as well. sometimes it may still reboot and have you format 3 times then it works this also goes for the i series. i series needs to be at 7B for 250i and up.

MatthewLott
05-14-2020, 02:02 AM
Okay. I appreciate it. Yeah 3rd time everytime, today.
And no doubt, I make sure my firmware is up to date, 1st thing. That has solved many of issues throughout the days. I haven't been doing 172-1. I will try that tomorrow as well.
Usually I just fly through BS. I felt like I came to a halt today. But you have been a big help. I can't find a bulletin about it either.
Again, much thanks.

Albonline
05-15-2020, 02:17 PM
Okay. I appreciate it. Yeah 3rd time everytime, today.
And no doubt, I make sure my firmware is up to date, 1st thing. That has solved many of issues throughout the days. I haven't been doing 172-1. I will try that tomorrow as well.
Usually I just fly through BS. I felt like I came to a halt today. But you have been a big help. I can't find a bulletin about it either.
Again, much thanks.

3rd time every time on the 8 series. came in with the firmware a couple levels ago. still present with even the latest . the i's have not done the three reboot thing to me yet.

copyrooks
05-15-2020, 02:27 PM
I've seen this happen quite a few times, what I usually do is logical format in service mode and it seems to work 100% so far.

MatthewLott
05-15-2020, 02:35 PM
Did 2x 4752s, 1st try as well as the c550i. Just to add.
Thanks for the updates.

rrrohan
05-15-2020, 04:17 PM
Would be nice if they would design it so with the flatbed scanner so that you could generate a QR Code, say on your phone screen, lay it down on the glass and the machine would scan it for input!!! [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji38]

or like Licence token keys that you can save on a usb drive to load on

Custom Search