PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Replacing TA 4501 w/ 4501 Will U917 Work ?

Custom Search

Doug James
05-14-2020, 01:00 AM
Hi, I am replacing a TA 4501 with a TA 4501 (Machine has composite black that won't fuse and I couldn't fix on site ugh..). If I do a U917 to transfer all the data to the new machine going to enable the machine to Scan, Print etc without needing an IT guy to hook it up. Was wondering before I got into this mess... Thanks so much for any response !!!

copiertec
05-14-2020, 01:03 AM
Yes, that should work for the address book etc. Just assign the replacement machine with the same IP. Seems like a lot of work for a machine that will not fuse ink.

tmaged
05-14-2020, 01:09 AM
Since you're going to the same model, you "should" be able to export network settings & everything.

Doug James
05-14-2020, 01:12 AM
Yes, that should work for the address book etc. Just assign the replacement machine with the same IP. Seems like a lot of work for a machine that will not fuse ink. This copier has been a pain in my rear. Even boosted the fuser up to 200 and it works but figured I needed to find the malfunction... Thinking a power supply type issue or something....

KYO_OEM
05-18-2020, 01:03 PM
Why you can`t fix it?
Did you check last page coverage on service status page 1?
Did you set "print gray with black toner only" to decrease the amount of color toner?
Check last page coverage with new setting.
Please check enclosed bulletin for correct imaging settings.
Have had similar case in past with fixing problem by using composite colors.
Before change from this setting i saw very high amount of color toner, with new setting the amount decreased dramatacilly and system was running well.

Doug James
05-18-2020, 06:38 PM
Why you can`t fix it?
Did you check last page coverage on service status page 1?
Did you set "print gray with black toner only" to decrease the amount of color toner?
Check last page coverage with new setting.
Please check enclosed bulletin for correct imaging settings.
Have had similar case in past with fixing problem by using composite colors.
Before change from this setting i saw very high amount of color toner, with new setting the amount decreased dramatacilly and system was running well. Sure do appreciate that... Customer is tired of me trying to fix it so fixing it in my shop... I am going to go from there and let you know how it comes out. Thanks again !!

Copierstud
05-18-2020, 06:47 PM
4501 is a b/w copier kyo.

Doug James
05-18-2020, 08:22 PM
4501 is a b/w copier kyo.OH CRAP !! I meant 4551ci (Sometimes I wonder if my brain is all together ugh....)

blackcat4866
05-18-2020, 10:48 PM
You'll be able to transfer quite a lot of the user data, but you'll find that the job accounting does not transfer, since there are color permissions required. My suggestion is to take each backup file separately. Then try to import them separately. You'll get most of the user data. =^..^=

KYO_OEM
05-19-2020, 07:34 AM
4501 is a b/w copier kyo.

This was clear for me, but Gaia systems can`t print in composite mode....
Sometimes you must read between the lines, to see exactly what it is talking about....
In my job i receive a lot of requests, where i must do this for understanding what`s the problem on the other side.
Did you ever talk to indian or malaysien guys regarding problems???
Do it and you`ll understand.

Custom Search